<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  bananabola
      bananabola
Re: A random topic. An expensive headphone worn by Utada,
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/M/Msia
Woah, honestly speaking, i practically looked down on music industry. Now i know. =/. I felt so tone deaf now eventhough i do learn a thing or two about music.
I'm only using a free samsung headset from my Galaxy Note @@ . As long as the volume is loud and clear when it is stucked into my ears, it is a good headset LoL.
Posted on: 2012/6/19 6:14
  •  lexus91
      lexus91
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/Indonesia
The 11k/pair is a speaker. I myself have a hobby in this area. And trust me the ed8 is one of the best for headphones. I think the only downside of that headphone is the excessive price tags. The body is something special and its like a limited edition headphones. The senn hd800 cost $500 less with similar quality.
And yes hikki will surely look for something with flat response. But the UE11 that she used is far from one. Trust me since i use one.
The one that she used for the wildlife rehearsal was sony mdr 7506? Or not? But afaik mdr 7506 is a very good headphone for monitoring. With very good price! :)
Posted on: 2012/6/20 10:22
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I don't have a pair... but i thought they already designed the UE11 to be much flatter than the UE10 despite gaining an additional BA driver which sounds counter intuitive...

but whatever type of signature the IEMs have.. i guess the stage monitor engineer can still make fine tuning adjustments to their sources to suit what they need individually...

but i do get the feeling that hikaru is somewhat of a bass head... but her image just doesn't fit that
Posted on: 2012/6/20 23:13
  •  lexus91
      lexus91
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/Indonesia
They want to make something different from ue10. Ue11 meant to be bass emphasized iem. Since the additional ba was for extra lows. So it has 2 lows 1 mids and 1 tweeter.

Anw aside from that I don't think she really needs super flat headphones on stage. But headphone that can bring the moods up. So the ue11 might be a better choice. I've mod my triple fi to be a flat response earphonr and honestly you'll get tired of it after period of time. With no bass impact any songs become less enjoyable :D

Well this has gone oot maybe :P
Posted on: 2012/6/21 3:29
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
makes sense... maybe they wanted a middle ground between UE10 and UE18...

the true reason for purchasing the 11 will remain a mystery except for hikaru herself...

was actually wondering why she didn't head for JH units since Jerry already left UE not long after the launch of UE11... since he is one of the pioneers of custom IEMs anyways...
Posted on: 2012/6/26 22:15
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
This topic is attracting lots of headphone geeks @.@
Posted on: 2012/6/26 22:57
  •  lexus91
      lexus91
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/Indonesia
Infact Jerry was the father of UE long before its bought by logitech. And i think he's the inventor of customs monitors and such.
Maybe because hikki used a pair of older models of UE custom? It was mentioned by her but i forgot which modell. its unfortunate that i can't find her name in logitech's website though..
Posted on: 2012/6/27 6:27
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
think it was something like jerry was mixing for van halen when he first started to mold custom ear pieces for their concert uses...

then some other bands convinced him to go into it full time... which he did after separating with his wife and went into business with her as partners (weird)..

he helped shure developed some IEMs and then later worked with another company can't recall the name which screwed him over for taking over the copyrights of his design...

jerry concentrated on creating nice buds while he left the business to his associates and ex-wife before logitech acquired it...

he then moved on to JH audio... but that was when the whole IEM and custom shell thing caught on to most audio equipment producers...
Posted on: 2012/6/29 1:37
  •  bananabola
      bananabola
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/M/Msia
Quote:

Jayenciel wrote:
This topic is attracting lots of headphone geeks @.@

I agree. LOL
Posted on: 2012/6/29 2:17
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Wow, all these headphones are ridiculously expensive. I have a ?12 pair and another headset that cost me ?4...

I love them both though!
Posted on: 2012/7/1 10:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>