12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
Sup
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Hey everyone I'm new to the whole hardcore Hikki scene. I've been listening to some of her songs since I played kingdom hearts back in the day but didn't really pay attention or even realized her talent at the time. Instead I was following up on Taylor Swift since 08 or so, what a disappointment =/. Another great artist that sold out.

Well anyways I'm really late to this party and the more I read and search the more I realize Hikki's time has past *sacrilege* I know! I'm sorry. She is pretty much done with her musical career except for projects here and there. Which means my chances of ever meeting her is pretty much zero, unless I get posted in Japan after I get commissioned once I get my degree.

That really bums me out =(, after some time my respect for her grew and grew. She is someone who stuck with the talent and not the money *Cough* Taylor. Instead of going nuts not hearing about Hikki anywhere I was hoping I could actually talk to other people about her. I even decided to learn the Japanese language JUST so I can understand her songs. Frankly they are just redonkulously amazing. I used to follow Taylor only because she had Talent and was bold but Hikki simply exceptionally surpasses Taylor.

I've also been trying to collect ALL her CD's. But the total cost of all of them is interminable. I am willing to fork it out though. I download all her songs but I also want to support the mess out of her anyway I can. So before you call me a pirate... I download all the songs so I don't have to remove the shrink wrapping from the CD's. I mean cmon I downloaded all of Taylor's songs and still have duels of all her CD's(sealed & unsealed).

If anyone could talk to me about anything Hikki it would be greatly appreciated. I can't talk to people around here in NYC because everyone will think I'm nuts. I might seem a tad obsessive and you know what honestly I probably am but someone like Hikki deserves all the attention in the world. Americans just didn't listen and give her enough attention. She really is "one in a million." Maybe she should follow the lyrics and come back to us.

I know I wrote a lot... but I have a lot to say and talk about. LONG LIVE HIKARU UTADA!!
Posted on: 2012/10/5 21:43
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
Re: Sup
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
ok I JUST realized I posted this in the WRONG section... Bump please.
Posted on: 2012/10/5 21:48
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Ah, a man who fights to protect that which is dear to him. *salutes*

Like you said, it is a bummer that you came into the "fandom" a little late. But not to worry, as Hikaru and all of her greatness that once stoo will forever be embeded in some history of sorts. I don't know how much you've looked into her concert DVD's but I do recomend you give Utada United 06, as well as Utada Hikaru Wild Life a watch.

I'm unsure if you know this, but one of Hikaru's final gifts were 5 new songs, that came along with her last Singles release. They're definately worth hearing

And about the seemingly pirate-like activites you seem to have done...well...don't we all do stuff like that? What makes it even cooler is that Hikaru herself gave us permision do DL her stuff. So long as her music was spread and liked. That sort of thing is heart warming, since most artists like the money they get of things.

All in all, Hikaru occasionally uses her twitter account and replies to people. Some of our member have gotten replies from her. So that's one way to interact with her

Like you, I also became a fan of hers through Kingdom Hearts, I've never actually played the game...but I became a fan because of the commercial.

Anywho...like our Administrator would say "Welcome and happy UtadaNetting!!"
Posted on: 2012/10/6 1:05
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Thank you.

I did a lot of research sadly lol. I do know about the DVDs and the singles V.2. I didn't know those last 5 tracks were her last gift though. Don't want it to be the last!

I didn't know she personally told everyone we can download her material though. But it's little things like that which caused me to be a fan even more. She doesn't care about the money she just wants to entertain her listeners. Very rare trait in any kind of entertainer these days. Problem is actually finding her material .

I am currently following Hikkis twitter, her fathers twitter which I believe is U3music? Correct me if I'm wrong. I am also following her staff twitter just in case one day she does return! Luckily most her fans just like her music and not so much learn about her so she isn't like Taylor with 20 million followers... she can actually personally answer tweets .

I played both the Kingdom Hearts games and one for the DS. At the time I was quite young and didn't realize she was a huge Japanese singer that sang fluent English. I just listened to "Simple and Clean," and "Sanctuary." I never listen to any music I don't understand but I thoroughly enjoy all her music. Except maybe some songs on her Precious album.

Again thanks for the welcome! I was hoping there was more than what I already found. One day maybe she might actually befriend some of us . We all need to try and get this forum back up and talking!
Posted on: 2012/10/6 1:59
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 / Male / Oregon, USA
Here's another little thing about Hikki-sama that you might not know; she actually published out an album with her parents at the age of 10 under the artist name U3. that would be the reason for her father's twitter name (if that is it, i personally have never used twitter before) and it was also the reason behind her first solo stage name, Cubic U, because she was the 3rd Utada in the group and, in essence, was the one that made it cubic. The album itself is called Star, and she drew the cover herself which is pretty kawai ^-^ Personally, I feel the music takes a little getting used to, but it's great to have it all the same. I currently have all 8 of her solo albums in mp3 files (wish i could get the CDs but wouldn't know where to start and don't have the kind of money) and i also have Star.

Also, I sympathize with you about entering the scene late because I did as well. I was never really knowledgeable about things, but when my best friend showed me her music in 09 I fell in love and eventually worked my way to where I am now. I also didn't know about the 5 extra tracks in SC2, but then again, I have been unable to find rar files for it or for Utada the Best, and plan on getting them as soon as I can.

I also hate that I missed the time when she was still performing, but alas, such is the fate of a lowly shut-in

One more thing, if my guess is right then the DS KH game you played was 358/2 Days, right? That one was actually my first KH game that I actually played, and I got hooked! Up to present, I have now played KH and KH2 for PS2, KH Chain of Memories for GBA, and Kh 358/2 Days and KH Re:coded for the DS. I am only missing out on 3 of the games that I SO wish I could play. Reverse/Rebirth, Birth by Sleep, and the all new Dream Drop Distance.

My final thing that I wanted to say is that I myself have been trying to learn Japanese, just because I love Japan! ^-^ and if you have already learned, then do you think you could possibly help me learn? Cuz so far, I have no way of learning efficiently other than trying to pick up a few things via anime, and that is incredibly difficult if what you are aiming for is learning the entire language.....
Posted on: 2012/10/11 10:32
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
My bad I played Chain of Memories not a DS Kingdom Hears.
I already learned all those facts, thanks though. I learned all the public knowledge I could in a week. I catch on quick but the problem is all that time that passed could have been chances I could have met her. I hear she is even better in person.
Posted on: 2012/10/11 19:30
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
hehe ^^' man, wish i knew. it would've been amazing to have seen her live IRL.

So do you think you can help me out with learning Japanese? we could trade contacts of your choosing, i don't care as long as it's something that i have and can do
Posted on: 2012/10/12 22:35
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I don't know any Japanese myself =/. I'm trying to learn it but since I already know some Cantonese it's a strange transition by both written and spoken.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 2:55
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
oh, i see. your earlier posts made it sound like you had already learned how to speak Japanese
Posted on: 2012/10/13 13:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Sup noob.
Posted on: 2012/10/16 14:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>