Hikaru Utada’s mother found dead in Shinjuku, suicide suspected

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Hikaru Utada’s mother found dead in Shinjuku, suicide suspected
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17, Female
Oh MY Gosh I heard the news this is terrible but they say they are still looking into it even though people are ruling it suicide i hate this happened for Hikki T.T I,m sad for her i h pray for her family during this time of bereavement http://www.utadanet.com/uploads/smil3dbd4d75edb5e.gif
Posted on: 2013/8/23 20:18
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
Quote:

ThePassportRadio wrote:
This is just messed up. Utada's life must have been so much more complex than I'd imagined. I just thought, oh she was this lucky girl who lived an easy life... but her parents have actually divorced and gotten back together more than once... and I don't think Utada was simply naive to the fact that her mom might have been suicidal.

With suicide, there are no answers. I think Utada might live the rest of her life wondering what she could have done differently... gah. This is tragic. Every suicide in the world is tragic. This sucks.

A_kikoo please keep us updated on this. I really pray that Utada and her family will be alright. Suicide is no joke. We are all human in the end.
Posted on: 2013/8/24 14:03
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/20130825/oth13082505040010-n1.html

According to Sanspo, Hikki is still in New York. So I'm not sure whether the previous reports of her in London and returning to Japan were true. They also believe that the cremation of the body will take place when Hikki returns to Japan.

The man who lived in the apartment is said to be Fuji's former manager. A woman living close by says there was no man-woman relationship between the two. Rather, he was looking after her. There are even reports that Hikki's dad asked him to look after her.

Many fans of Fuji have been visiting the apartment to leave flowers, beer, Japanese sake, etc.

***Please remember that none of these reports are true until official statements are made.
Posted on: 2013/8/24 15:10
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
I need more update please...
Posted on: 2013/8/25 1:48
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
thank god you are back a_kikoo...

the english news have stopped so far and only the japanese news have new updates and the online translators are not of much help to understand what was written..

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments/news/130824/ent13082411310009-n1.htm

it seems that a funeral procession was not held for keiko and instead proceeded straight to cremation...

it seems that hikaru managed to get back to japan for the procession anyway although being a day late according to the article if my interpretation of the translation is not wrong..
Posted on: 2013/8/25 18:58
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
some pix

Teruzane with what looks to be handling of the funeral service as explained on the article

and the flowers that fans left at the site of the tragic incident
Posted on: 2013/8/25 19:02
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Posted on: 2013/8/25 19:47
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Both Hikki and her father have released official statements regarding Fuji Keiko's death.

Below is a translated version of Hikki's statement. I will work on her father's one in a bit.

"On the morning of August 22nd, my mother took her own life.

There have been many speculations going around, so please let me talk about a few things.

For a long time, she had been suffering from a mental illness. With that disposition, it was very difficult to get her to receive treatment on her own will. I was always troubled about what to do as her family, and what would be the best for her.

Since I was little, I've watched the progression of my mother's illness. As her symptoms got worse, her distrust for people including family continued to grow, she became uncertain between reality and fantasy, and lost control over her own emotions and actions. I was just tossed around by it and wasn't able to do anything.

I wish that my mother has been released from her longtime suffering. At the same time, I am too sad and my sense of regret only grows.

She was misunderstood a lot... she was a coward but had a strong spirit, she was filled with a sense of justice, she loved to laugh, was quick in thinking, impulsive and dangerous like a child, careless that you couldn't leave her alone, and more lovely than anyone else. Even though I have many sad memories, she is laughing when I think about her.

I feel proud that I am my mother's daughter. I am very thankful that I was able to meet her.

I've received many heart-warming words and realized that I am supported by many people. Thank you very much."

August 26, 2013
Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2013/8/26 0:39
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
a_kikoo.. that is just sad.. that means they could have had expected this to come all along...

in this article.. hikaru seems to hint that it is not the first time her mother has attempted suicide...
http://www.j-cast.com/2013/08/26182194.html

who and how the man is involved with fuji is not of a concern at this point in my view...i think the tabloids are over-focusing on this...

i think hikaru is also at a lost at how to deal with her mother's illness and could just watch as her life spirals out of control since she said that they could not get her to get medical attention willingly....
Posted on: 2013/8/26 3:23
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
My respectful admiration for the strength, Father and daughter continue to demonstrate with such compassion and dignity, it took courage to face the media under such tragic circumstances also considering the importance of privacy Hikki attaches to family life.

Credit: Utada Hikaru PH - https://twitter.com/UtadaHikaruPH
Posted on: 2013/8/27 13:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>