•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  gardenhose
      gardenhose
Re: Hikaru Utada’s mother found dead in Shinjuku, suicide suspected
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Uh...

Do you really think that's appropriate to post? I know that this is a fansite dedicated to Utada Hikaru, but she is clearly emotionally traumatized in this video. Would you be okay with people filming you and having cameras flash in your face while taking your mothers body to be cremated?

Just a thought.
Posted on: 2013/8/27 14:52
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Thank you for pointing this out, and your opinion.

A grieving Hikki not traumatised, grief is a natural response to loss, the suffering you feel when someone you love is taken away.

The Families joint statement was touching, and yes forgiving, open, honest, and reaching out to all the well wishers in gratitude.

These two short clips are honouring that fortitude, Hikki could have chosen a completely closed funeral cortege, the press could have been moved to a 'safe distance', however Hikki shows a coping style, even under profound sadness and regret.

Coping is about sharing, and to share one has to witness.

I feel the post is appropriate, however if you still find the clips upsetting I will remove the links.

And that I humbly request will be last of the matter.
Posted on: 2013/8/27 15:36
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
I understand you all.In status of her fan I've really feel uncomfortable when I knew that her was in trauma emotional.
Posted on: 2013/8/27 15:44
  •  gardenhose
      gardenhose
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Of course grief is the natural reaction to loss, but when you have cameras flashing in your face, I would like to think the experience and feelings are heightened and you would feel extremely vulnerable.

Like you said, its my opinion, so if you feel that having the links up is okay, then by all means keep them up. I wasn't trying to dictate what anyone can/can't post on this forum (as I am not even in any authority to do so). I just thought it was a bit strange.
Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:15
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
If it is traumatic for members then it is inappropriate, whatever my opinion is.

I will take down in 24 hours, if members feel this is not rapid enough please indicate and I will deal asap.

I agree it should not stay up any length of time.
Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:41
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Wow, those videos were difficult to watch. Seeing Hikki's expression was heartbreaking.

However,Pips_Paradise has the right to post those links if he pleases. It's your choice whether you want to click on it or not.
Posted on: 2013/8/28 0:03
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L F/Malaysia
Hope hikki will stay strong...maybe you shouldn't post the 2nd video...it's make the viewer feel so guilty to her when they watching it...
Posted on: 2013/8/28 7:39
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
to be fair... if anyone dug hard enough... the video will still turn up somewhere in some search engine..

so, it's pointless to comment on it if we've all seen it.. and to the point that you can take notice of how close a camera gets means each of us have taken some thoughts and time to analyze the video.. curiosity just got the best of us, that's all can be said...

on a different note...

Quote:
An update, and words of thanks

With regards to the late Utada Junko's suicide, I would like to sincerely apologise, both as representative of the agency to which she belonged to and as her former husband of 25 years, for all the trouble and inconvenience this incident has brought about to all those concerned in the various industries, to the fans of Fuji Keiko, and to the fans of Utada Hikaru. I would also like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude and thanks for all the kind words and well-wishes sent to both Utada Hikaru and myself.

As per the wishes of the deceased as expressed in her will, both an all-night vigil and a funeral were not carried out. (Translator's notes: Seems like there will only be a cremation.)

Ever since I met her, I recognised that there was some degree of emotional instability within her, but instead of seeing it as a mental illness, I simply came to terms with it by viewing her as a uniquely "whimsical" person, and perceived it as something I could deal with adequately enough.

It was when Utada Hikaru was around 5 that these emotional changes started becoming more noticeable. She would launch aggressive words and actions towards my mother, the late Takeyama Sumiko, and even Hikaru and myself soon became the targets of her attacks. However, her emotional changes were frequent, and days where she'd go, "Sorry, I've caused trouble again", and reflect on her actions a few minutes after her outbursts continued on for a long period of time. When her suffering became more frequent, she was advised on numerous occasions after being examined at hospitals to undergo appropriate treatments, but this advice instead caused her to develop feelings of mistrust towards me. In the end, I believe that her suffering became a lot graver as the years went by and she continuously refused treatment.

In these twelve recent years, she lived life as she pleased, going on vacations and trips when they came to her. She got an American visa that allowed her to stay in the country for a maximum of five years upon entry, and made New York her base, frequently travelling to the European countries, various parts of America, and Australia as and when she felt like it.

While living such a lifestyle, she would call Hikaru and myself regardless of the time of day and without any prior notification; while there were times where she'd ask "How're you doing?" and the conversation would continue on normally, there were also times where she'd yell at us for no apparent reason, and we were very worried about her, her mental condition speaking to us very plainly through her words.

The last time I spoke with Junko was on the 14th August this year. It was her who called me. This time, it was one of the few occasions where Junko's voice had a cheerful tone and she sounded energetic. It lasted eight minutes, including some small talk, and after accepting a few requests from her, I hung up the phone. And eight days later, she committed suicide.

It is impossible to know whether Junko made an active decision to take the leap, or whether it was an act of impulse. All I can say is that I am filled to the brim with regret for having been unable to help her in her situation, and with sadness for having lost someone dear to me.

I would like to express my gratitude towards everyone who has watched over Utada Junko and Fuji Keiko with all their love on her behalf. Thank you all very much.

The time I spent with Junko is firmly engraved into my memory, and will never fade away.

26th August, 2013

Utada Teruzane

for those who can read japanese
Quote:

ご報告と謝辞

この度の故宇多田純子、投身自殺に於きましては、各方面の関係者の皆様、歌手藤圭子の大勢のファンの皆様、そして宇多田ヒカルのファンの皆様に多大なご心配と世間をお騒がせしていることに対して、所属事務所代表として、また25年間連れ添った元夫として心からお詫びを申し上げます。また、宇多田ヒカル並びに僕に対して沢山の心の籠った暖かいお言葉、お悔みをいただいたことに対しては、この場を借りて感謝の意を表明させていただきます。

通夜、葬儀に関しては、故人の遺言書に書かれていた本人の強い意志に従い、執り行わないことにしました。

出会った頃から彼女には感情の不安定さが見受けられましたが、心を病んでいるというよりも、類い稀な「気まぐれ」な人としか受け止めていませんでした。僕にとっては十分に対応出来る範囲と捉えていました。

この感情の変化がより著しくなり始めたのは宇多田光が5歳くらいのことです。自分の母親、故竹山澄子氏、に対しても、攻撃的な発言や行動が見られるようになり、光と僕もいつの間にか彼女にとって攻撃の対象となっていきました。しかし、感情の変化が頻繁なので、数分後にはいつも、「ゴメン、また迷惑かけちゃったね。」と自分から反省する日々が長い間続きました。とても辛そうな時が多く見られるようなった際には、病院で診察を受け、適切な治療を受けるよう勧めたことも多々ありましたが、このアドバイスは逆に、僕に対する不信感を抱かせることとなってしまいました。結果、本人が拒絶し続けた治療が成されないまま、彼女の苦しみは年を追うごとに重症化したものと思われます。

直近の12年間は、好きな旅に思い立ったら出かけるという生活を送っていました。アメリカは一回の入国で最長5年間の滞在許可がもらえるビザを取得し、ニューヨークを拠点に、ヨーロッパ各国、米国各地、オーストラリアなどを気の向くまま、頻繁に旅していました。

そのような環境の中、光と僕には昼夜を問わず、予期せぬ時間に電話連絡が入り、「元気?」という普通の会話が交わされる時もあれば心当たりのない理由で罵声を浴びせられる時もあり、相変わらず心の不安定さを感じさせられてとても気がかりでした。

最後に僕が純子と会話をしたのは今年の8月14日でした。純子からでした。この時は珍しく明るい口調で、元気そうな純子の声でした。約8分間、世間話を含め、お願いごとを何件か受け、了承し電話を切りました。その8日後の自殺となってしまいました。

純子として覚悟の上での投身自殺だったのか、衝動的に飛び降りてしまったのか、今となっては知りようがありません。最終的に僕から救いの手を差し伸べられなかった悔しさ、大切な人間を失った悲しさでいっぱいです。

これまで宇多田純子を、藤圭子を愛情を持って見守ってくださった方々全員に、本人に代わり、心から感謝いたします。ありがとうございました。

純子と過ごした日々は僕の記憶にはっきりと刻まれています。

平成25年8月26日

宇多田照實

it seems that keiko's problem started a long time ago and according to teruzane... trying to help his wife has caused a rift between their lives...hence, what i believe led to their divorce as well...

it also makes perfect sense now on why hikaru wrote arashi no megami dedicating it to her mother on singles collection vol.2... looking back at the lyrics now.. the statements made by both hikaru and teruzane shine so much light on what she was thinking of when writing that song... the interpretation of the lyrics is so much more different after knowing their side of the story and yet having to endure such a tough inter-family relationship for so many years and yet not utter a word about... and all along the time, we only knew that teruzane and keiko divorced and re-married each other 7 times and the incident where keiko had her money confiscated in US lead us to think many negative things about the utada family...

imagive having to constantly be guessing what is going on with her life away from them and every phone call is a warrant for increasing levels of worry for her...one can only imagine those years are not at all easy for them...

as teruzane says...what lead keiko to make the decision to take her own life and their in-ability to be at her side when she possibly needed them the most nor help her will forever be on their mind...
Posted on: 2013/8/28 8:19
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
a-kikoo...

does this paragraph means that the kuma power hour on the 17th of september will still proceed?

宇多田は2011年から「人間活動」を理由に音楽活動を無期限休止中だ。今年4月からInterFMで、月1回のレギュラー番組「KUMA POWER HOUR with Utada Hikaru」(第3火曜後10・0)を持っており、次回は9月17日放送予定。宇多田の肉声が注目される。
Posted on: 2013/8/28 8:36
  •  ROB612
      ROB612
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/m/MN
source-Japantoday

Utada comments for first time on mother's apparent suicide

"TOKYO — Singer Hikaru Utada on Monday commented for the first time on her mother’s apparent suicide last week.

In a statement posted on her official website, Utada, 30, said: “I am proud to be the daughter of my mother. I have nothing but gratitude for everything she did for me.”

Utada’s mother, Keiko Fuji, a former well-known enka singer, apparently jumped to her death from a 13th-floor apartment in Tokyo last Thursday. According to police, Fuji, 62, wearing a T-shirt and short pants, was found lying on the grounds of her apartment building in Shinjuku Ward at around 7 a.m. She was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead. Police said Fuji lived in the apartment with a male friend in his 30s who was asleep at the time of the incident. Her slippers were found near the railing on the balcony, police said, but that no suicide note was found.

Utada said her mother had been suffering from mental illness for many years. “She is finally freed from her agony but ... the way she ended her life was beyond sad. I am suffering from a sense of remorse,” Utada said.

Utada also described her mother as “impulsive like a child but with an innocent charm that attracted everyone’s attention.”

Although Fuji faced many dark periods in her life, Utada said she only remembers her mother laughing.

Utada’s comments drew enormous interest from the public. As of 3 p.m., Utada’s website could not be accessed due to heavy traffic."
Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>