General Discussion
  Japanese cell phones

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Japanese cell phones
Administrator
A/S/L
so, once again Hikki is endorsing cell phones again... she hasn't worked with any phone companies since the days of DoCoMo's FOMA campaign ...

But yeah ... Hikki's new CM with au KDDI led me to this site, http://www.kddi.com/ad/index.html
where i watched a bunch of the KDDI cm ... just to kinda see where Japanese phones are at nowadays ...
Back in the DoCoMo FOMA days ... which was like 2002 i think? ... they were advertising camera and video phones that allowed you to make video calls.

Now with some of these new au KDDI phones, they have 4GB memory (or more i think) for playing music, sorta like an ipod, and connectivity for you to download music. They have CELLULAR BLOGGING! Which is cool! ... They also have live GPS navigation maps. And you can use your phone as a virtual debit card to pay for stuff...

Now I wonder how long it will take for these technologies to permeate over to the rest of the world...

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2006/1/27 0:37
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Re: Japanese cell phones
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
That commerical with the squirrel, does reminds me of the iPod commericals. And that's a question, and I wish I knew the answer to it. xP But once it hits over here, it will be the next big thing, that's for sure.
Posted on: 2006/1/27 13:42
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/FL
They are so ahead of us over there.
Their cell phones nowadays are used as credit cards.
Posted on: 2006/1/27 17:10
Administrator
A/S/L
oo check out THIS
Its one of the au KDDI phones... it looks so cool! the top white surface of the phone lights up to be a display! ... and the keypads a nice design too...

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2006/1/27 21:11
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
That au KDDI phone looks really cool. It kind of reminds me of the Nintendo Gameboy Advanced except it's white, a phone, plays music, and a camera all in one. I like it. I'd buy it if they had it in the here in the states.

Quote:

tombraiderjmm wrote:
That commerical with the squirrel, does reminds me of the iPod commericals. And that's a question, and I wish I knew the answer to it. xP But once it hits over here, it will be the next big thing, that's for sure.

I agree, it will be big once it comes here. They always do that in the U.S. with the latest gadgets that come from other countries. They even hold a convention for it. I also thought that the KDDI commercial did look similiar to the iPod commercials except it didn't have crazy dancing people, just a cute dancing squirrel.
Posted on: 2006/1/28 12:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic