12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Sad news
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I feel like I have to vent and for those who remember me thanks and if I seem like a stranger I am sorry for that. I have been a fan of Utada for a while and feel that my life is blessed because I managed to see her in concert while millions of fans haven't had that experience. Yesterday marked a turning point in my life. To put it simply I deleted my audio file of her Chicago concert that I kept on my key chain for 4 years(OMG it has been 4 years!!!). I didn't do this out of hatred or spite, but more so an honest expression of me letting go of my fandom for Utada. I know this is sad and I can't really vent this to friends who wouldn't understand. I am not looking for sympathy and not even wanting others to be sad. I feel that I have to do this for closure. There are many things I would wish to say but in summary Utada has been a positive force in my life and I am thankful for the music she has made that has allowed me to endure so much. There are too many real problems that I ignore that I must focus on. Sometimes the help you have in the past becomes a crutch in the future. sigh... so to all those who love Utada I hope for the best and also I hope her career will prosper. Sayonara
Posted on: 2014/8/16 10:12
  •  KumaLuva
      KumaLuva
Re: Sad news
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
" I didn't do this out of hatred or spite, but more so an honest expression of me letting go of my fandom for Utada"

So you are no longer a fan of Utada because you want to let go?
That's not a reason at all and makes little sense.

If you stop being a fan because of something Utada did or you just stopped liking her music that's fine (Although If you went to her Chicago concert and have her recorded show on a USB stick I find this very very strange.)

Sounds more like you met somebody you admire very much and he/she doesn't like Utada and you think that by not being a fan of hers anymore this person will like you more.
That's really sad if that is the case.

All I can say is don't let people manipulate you or you will end up being a miserable person.
Do what makes YOU happy and don't worry what other people think.

If this is what makes you happy then good luck and godspeed.
Posted on: 2014/8/17 19:37
  •  ThePassportRadio
      ThePassportRadio
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
In a sense, I can understand and relate to you because I too have moved on a bit from the fandom surrounding Utada. In the past, Utada was the entirety of my music collection, and I definitely identified with her lyrics and unique journey as a musician. But as I grew older, my music collection also grew, and I have a much larger interest in music than Utada can provide for me. Though I might have moved on to different genres and artists, I STILL consider myself a fan of Utada and I value the influence she had on my music taste and life growing up.

I want to understand why it is important for you to detach yourself so completely from calling yourself a fan if she too was so influential in your life? How do you think you would use this as a "crutch in the future"?
Posted on: 2014/8/19 10:10
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I think hikki is being irresponsible to her fans, loyal fans. I'm a fan of hers since Automatic/First Love.. She hasn't been communicating with her fans about what is she going to do with her singing career.. How many of us here are waiting for her to come back? Is she ever coming back? So she just left like that? After all those years we've been supporting her. Maybe she's cool with everything, not being famous and just wanted a normal life. I think we fans needs a closure. That's what I think.. I still love her music..
Posted on: 2014/9/11 22:57
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
I think hikki is being irresponsible to her fans, loyal fans. I'm a fan of hers since Automatic/First Love.. She hasn't been communicating with her fans about what is she going to do with her singing career.. How many of us here are waiting for her to come back? Is she ever coming back? So she just left like that? After all those years we've been supporting her. Maybe she's cool with everything, not being famous and just wanted a normal life. I think we fans needs a closure. That's what I think.. I still love her music..

The thing is, she loves music too much to ever fully abandon it, so why would she ever make such an announcement? Midway through her hiatus, she recorded Sakura Nagashi and supposedly will be recording a song for the next Evangelion movie.

I'm still a Hikki fan, still listen to her music and will still support her. She gave us great music for over 15 years, don't we at least owe her some loyalty?
Posted on: 2014/9/12 9:22
  •  KumaLuva
      KumaLuva
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

yvliew wrote:

Need closure?

People acting like Hikaru owes them something are both deluded and mentally unstable.

Hikaru has done everything possible to satisfy her fans and this is the appreciation she gets?
Wow.

If this is any indication of her American fanbase then I can't blame her for renouncing her American citizenship and moving to London (good for her).

Her fans in Europe have always been superior to her fairweather American fans anyway who if you asked one could probably name maybe one song from her music catalog(Simple and Clean).
Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:31
  •  Coreax
      Coreax
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/Male/Kentucky
I find that judgment about her American fans to be quite harsh and crude. Having been born and raised in Kentucky of these United States, I'm proud to say I can name not only every song off of her English albums but also her Japanese ones too. Not to mention that I have purchased as many as I can get ahold of. I can also name plenty of other "fairweather" Americans that also thoroughly enjoy her music and can name more than just Simple and Clean.

Now, it's okay to hate the States, trust me, I hate them too. If I had it my way, I'd immigrate to Canada. But the people of America who know Utada, love her just as much as anyone else. She is a wonderful person and no matter what she does in life, I will support her.
Posted on: 2014/9/21 2:51
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

KumaLuva wrote:

Need closure?

People acting like Hikaru owes them something are both deluded and mentally unstable.

Hikaru has done everything possible to satisfy her fans and this is the appreciation she gets?
Wow.

If this is any indication of her American fanbase then I can't blame her for renouncing her American citizenship and moving to London (good for her).

Her fans in Europe have always been superior to her fairweather American fans anyway who if you asked one could probably name maybe one song from her music catalog(Simple and Clean).

Oh please. Did it ever cross your mind where her Italian husband worked? Being a bartender in a London hotel. Hello?
Does her not moving to London make sense?
This whole EU better than NA garbage seriosuly needs to stop. Who honestly cares? Since when does European fanship hold more value than American fanship?

I agree that she owes us nothing sure, but to jump to the conclusion you jumped to is pure ignorance.
Posted on: 2014/9/26 12:03
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Double post
Posted on: 2014/9/26 12:03
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I've done something similar to what Salomonis did. I burned my only poster of hikki. I did not regret it. My fanaticism was unhealthy. It was baggage. At that moment I was in a crisis and had to let go of the things I loved. But I still love her music. I admit I'm not as crazy as I was about hikki before. It's kind of like a relationship. You're crazy in love for the first few months, then you get married and you get sick of each other, bur the love is still there. Yeah, I'm married to her music.
Posted on: 2014/10/18 4:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>