Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
New Album! 15th Anniversary Cover Album
Administrator
A/S/L
http://www.utadahikaru.jp/sp/news/

Just announced, a new album for the 15th anniversary. It will be full of cover songs of Hikki's songs by other artists.
Posted on: 2014/10/21 21:11
Re: New Album! 15th Anniversary Cover Album
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Thank you for you post. A true guidance for comprehension. I myself have been trying to search for informations concerning this news. I have received the message this morning and felt all delighted. For the people who cannot read Japanese, it is not an easy task understanding it!
But one question still remains. Does that imply a coming back to stage or not, at this point?
Posted on: 2014/10/22 14:38
  •  Dheys
      Dheys
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L female / Indonesia
ah so I take it all the coverist/cover singers will also be from japan? it doesn't seem like an international project.
Posted on: 2014/10/23 0:09
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Quote:

Dheys wrote:
it doesn't seem like an international project.

Although that would be very interesting to hear some US singer getting down to sing Hikki's song, if you ask...
I'd appreciate it a lot, although I can't conceal how impatient I am to discover who will sing them and which songs! Do you guys have any idea of what songs could possibly be reprised?
Posted on: 2014/10/23 1:59
  •  Kicks911
      Kicks911
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I was so excited to see this topic! I thought "YES! Hikki is making a cover album!!!" only to discover it will be her songs that are going to be covered by other artists.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a cheap/lazy attempt for Hikki to say she is still relevant? I love Utada. I love her music, but at least make an effort.

I'm sure a lot of you will disagree with me, but this album news was just a let down for me.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 3:33
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L F/Malaysia
Waa...a cover album!anyway,who's gonna sing Hikki songs?,I've only heard Ken Hirai,Ms.Ooja,Shiina Ringo,Tosaka Hiroomi & Imaichi Ryuuji(from Sandaime J Soul Brothers) and korean singer(I don't remember who) that sing Hikki's song during live show and concert.

I'm kinda curious right now.
Posted on: 2014/10/25 6:52
  •  KumaLuva
      KumaLuva
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I don't want to hear other people sing Hikki songs I want to hear Hikki sing Hikki songs.

What the hell is she doing?

I guess she really did retire.
Posted on: 2014/10/27 7:46
  •  hikkichan19
      hikkichan19
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I'm interested to see who will sing what. Who is going to be honored enough to sing one of her songs? I'm not going to judge the CD until I've had a proper listen. THEN I can decide if it's good or not.
Posted on: 2014/11/1 17:31
  •  hikkichan19
      hikkichan19
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I'm interested to see who will sing what. Who is going to be honored enough to sing one of her songs? I'm not going to judge the CD until I've had a proper listen. THEN I can decide if it's good or not.
Posted on: 2014/11/1 17:31
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Hikki's staff said that they will reveal the track list when November comes around. So, anytime now...
Posted on: 2014/11/1 18:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>