New Album! 15th Anniversary Cover Album

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: New Album! 15th Anniversary Cover Album
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/male/USA
For some reason I'm not feeling the cover album. I love love love Ayu's version of movin' on without you. I love RedOne so much and I have always wanted Hikki to work with him. i guess that's as close as i'll get to that dream tho. lol. For you is also so good! she really captures the emotion I kept thinking it was Hikki.
Posted on: 2014/12/13 23:54
  •  Syaoran
      Syaoran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
That Sakura Drops cover? Ew.
Personally, Movin' On Without You is the only tolerable one.
Posted on: 2014/12/14 15:55
  •  Kicks911
      Kicks911
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I would have to agree. I'm not impressed with this album at all. Final Distance is actually pretty impressive, and I like Hikari. Other than that, I think most of them are just awful.

If anything, it just made me miss Hikki even more. I honestly feel a little offended. I mean, this is Hikki's 15 year anniversary, and instead of doing any press release or releasing a song, she has OTHER artists record a cover album. Am I the only one that feels this way? I know I've been negative in my posts, but come on!

I get it, she has every right to live her life and to be or not be in the spotlight. But don't release these unlistenable albums for the sake of being relevant. End rant. Don't get me wrong, Utada Hikaru is my favorite artist of all time! I guess I'm just ready for her to make a comeback!
Posted on: 2014/12/16 3:48
  •  KumaLuva
      KumaLuva
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Kicks911 wrote:
I would have to agree. I'm not impressed with this album at all. Final Distance is actually pretty impressive, and I like Hikari. Other than that, I think most of them are just awful.

If anything, it just made me miss Hikki even more. I honestly feel a little offended. I mean, this is Hikki's 15 year anniversary, and instead of doing any press release or releasing a song, she has OTHER artists record a cover album. Am I the only one that feels this way? I know I've been negative in my posts, but come on!

I get it, she has every right to live her life and to be or not be in the spotlight. But don't release these unlistenable albums for the sake of being relevant. End rant. Don't get me wrong, Utada Hikaru is my favorite artist of all time! I guess I'm just ready for her to make a comeback!

Agreed and these remasters of her old music feel like a money grabs.
It seems like they have been really milking this 15 anniversary stuff also.

She better do something new in 2015.
Posted on: 2014/12/16 22:59
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Quote:

Kicks911 wrote:

Not only I understand you but I could actually have posted the exact same post with the exact same words for one good reason: I feel the exact same. When I first told my cousin about the new album that was going to be released at the time, she told me: "Oh, I'm disappointed if it's not her voice". I didn't understand that she could be so sheepish about listening to other people's covering Hikaru's songs. And I got to listen to the "album" on YouTube since it's on her channel but I felt "betrayed". I can't find another word, "annoyed" was closer to my feeling but not wholly. Anyways, I'm loosing all track of what I was trying to say. I really wish she will come back soon. How could I explain that: the songs that she makes, with the authentic and unique universe she provides us cannot be reproduced by anyone. As such unique a singer she is, I don't feel any connection to these covers, unfortunately... So, no, you're definitely not the only one to feel that way. I hesitated to post anything here because I fear of being seen as harsh and so on, but just like she is yours, Utada remains my favorite artist ever and waiting gets me sicker and sicker, each day a little bit more. Well, I have to say when I heard "Final Distance", I really was impressed, it was the only "valuable" cover that caught my attention, and I even googled AI up just to know who that voice belonged to (and, by the way, I listened to her interview on youtube, with a woman, in a very brownish intimate setting), but the point is: AI and Crystal Kay are considered as the best singer in Japan (Utada doesn't count, she's a real goddess, which means she is unclassifiable). Then, it didn't sound that surprising afterwards, that AI had an immense talent: in any case, it's the only song about which I thought: well, I could use another listen, because the interpretation I just heard was highly commendable!
Posted on: 2014/12/17 16:29
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Anise wrote:
Full tracklist for Utada Hikaru no Uta:-

1. SAKURA Drops / Yosui Inoue
2. Letters / Shiina Ringo
3. Automatic / Okamura Yasuyuki
4. Movin' on without you / Hamasaki Ayumi
5. Flavor of Life / Hanaregumi
6. FINAL DISTANCE / AI
7. Be My Last / Yoshii Kazuya
8. Hikari / LOVE PSYCHEDELICO
9. For You / Kato Miliyah
10. Stay Gold / Ohashi Trio
11. time will tell / Tofubeats with BONNIE PINK
12. Keep Tryin' / KIRINJI
13. Sanctuary / Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis feat. Peabo Bryson

I'm quite surprise with the tracklist. especially AI and Ayu.But they good at picking the songs thou.

Not sure why some of you don't like it, I think it's a good cover album. Enjoy the Shiina Ringo, Ayu, HanareGumi, AI, and Kato Miliyah covers.
Posted on: 2014/12/23 8:43
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Hey guys, I read an article stating that Utada's going to have a comeback album!

"The first 2015 issue of Bungeishunjū's Weekly Bunshun magazine on Thursday featured an article on the return of singer Hikaru Utada. It quoted a record company source as saying that confidential talks are underway regarding her return to the music industry. The source added that it has been decided that she will sing the theme song for the final new Evangelion film "slated to open between fall and winter of next year." The source explained that Utada has one more album left on her contract with Universal Music Japan, so the company wants the Evangelion song to be the focus of the final album."

Edit: Hi, I should've included a link to the full article. Here it is ANN

There's more to it than what I put here.
Posted on: 2014/12/26 2:43
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/male/USA
I'm so excited to see what she does for the movie theme song. But personally, i don't want a new Hikki album if shes just doing it because she's contractually obligated to. like I hope she renews the contract afterwards. I don't want her to leave!
Posted on: 2014/12/26 7:06
  •  Hikki07
      Hikki07
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
This is both good and bad news. I feel that she should continue to be on her hiatus if she is not ready to give her all and come out with a great album instead of possibly just doing this to fulfill her contract. A nice alternative would be to just release another single like she did for Sakura Nagashi.
Posted on: 2014/12/26 9:04
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2014/12/29 9:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>