Any new song to listen to?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Any new song to listen to?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Hi everyone,

It's me, Elijah. I have been getting online from time to time, in this website, but the news are slow, right. And so is my playlist! lol

I just wanted to ask you guys if you knew any good song I could listen to.

I have been listening to Utada and tons of other Japanese artists but I would like to find songs that I would enjoy learning by heart, just like when I used to learn Utada's! lol It's pretty complicated to find some, except for the old good Japanese songs I've known, because I already know these by heart. But that's not the point:

Any suggestion you may have? Just go!
I mainly listen to J-Pop but I really want to find some catchy songs and good lyrics, maybe that would enhance my Japanese understanding as well, in the process, who knows?

I'm all ears! :P

Have a nice weekend, y'all!
Posted on: 2015/4/17 15:55
  •  Raito
      Raito
Re: Any new song to listen to?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
You should try to JASMINE, who has as a similar vibe to Hikki's first albums, and she also tried many styles. I suggest you to listen to her debut album GOLD and to her best of album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVS-QXuVZw

Also, Crystal Kay is another good option. She used to be big last decade in Japan, she used to sing 90s R&B, but now she moved and her last album VIVID is a great blend of R&B, dance pop and ballads. She has a similar vibe to Janet Jackson and is also an Utada fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99YQqebbLYU

Other interesting female Jpop artists are Sheena Ringo (experimental pop-rock and jazz), Miliyah Kato (R&B, pop), Mika Nakashima (pop, ballads, jazz, rock), Miho Fukuhara (soul), etc.
Posted on: 2015/4/19 17:30
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
They're old, I absolutely love the brilliant green.
I still listen to Enemy daily.
Posted on: 2015/4/20 22:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
Thank you Raito, for your answers and your suggestions! I will get into and enjoy these new songs lol

I already listen to Crystal from time to time, and that's my jam, for real! lol It's exactly the kind of music I'm looking for!

Of course, if anyone has something else to suggestion, may they feel welcome to do so! :D
Posted on: 2015/4/29 8:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic