<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  dipoyu1
      dipoyu1
Re: Here it is! To You a Bouquet of Flower snippet ** UPDATE ** FULL THEME
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 22 / M / Sacramento
Hey Joeri, lets keep this a productive discussion instead of a heated argument. I totally agree with you that Ultra Blue is one of Hikki's best albums. My favorite album is between that and Deep River. I love all the songs from both albums. As for Heart Station there are several songs I never really grew to like. Rarely does a Hikki song not grow on me on one point or another like Flavor of Life.

The part I take offense is that you say that the quality of her songs have dropped. It never has. Its just that the tone and style has changed. Looking at all her albums none of them are similar to one another. Maybe just don't like what Hikki has been putting out these last couple times but many of fans still love them, myself included.

Also, if you read articles and interviews you would know that Hikki identifies herself as a musician and is very passionate about it. Accusing her of "i must do this for a living mentality" is wrong. I have never heard a 'fan' tell the artist to stop producing music. For Hikki, you might as well tell her to stop living or breathing because thats what it amounts to for her.

Its fine that you want to be subjective but you should also be productive at the same time. Instead of saying Hikki should throw in the towel you should say what you didn't like and why, say what you think needs improvement, and then hope she meets your expectations the next time. Telling Hikki to jump ship now would be to disappoint millions of fans. You also got to understand that not all the songs are always going to fit your standards. Its called progression and its what makes Hikki stand out from most artists. She constantly changes. For example Sakura Nagashi, a beautiful song filled with emotion, was different than anything she had written before. How can you say none of her songs after Ultra Blue lack emotion.

She always tries her best and cares about her fans. She promised to be back in 2-5 years and she did, and when Utada the Best was released she stated that she didn't wish her fans didnt have to buy the album because there was nothing new on it. Does this seem like the type of artist that puts out work that is subpar just so she can make more money?

Calling me a blind fan isn't completely wrong but not right either. If there is ever a day Hikki starts pushing out albums annually like Ayumi, I would abandoned ship because I know she wouldn't be trying anymore. But I know for a fact that day will never come.

For the second song, Manatsu no Tooriame, you can find it on youku. It was also on youtube but stupid copyright took it down. Type in the kanji for it not the romanization.
Posted on: 2016/4/7 17:19
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

dipoyu1 wrote:

P.S.- @ Joeri. I can't tell if you are a troll or not, but you definitely don't sound like a fan at all, in spite of your number of posts. I can't imagine any Hikki fan calling her music cashgrab. Heart Station and SVCII may not be my personal favorite albums but they both had their moments. Take 5 and Niji-iro Basu for Heart Station. Show me Love not a Dream for SVC2. Saying that her quality is gone is as offensive as it gets. Instead of saying Hikki should stop making music after 2006, I think you should stop listening to Hikki's music and move onto something else.

I look at songs realistic, instead of blind following like most fans do. When the quality drops, it is noticeable, but most fans are blinded by it.

i take 10 good songs over 50 mediocre songs any day.
She was at her prime with ultra blue, and she should have stopped there imo, since the rest what followed were mediocre songs with hardly any emotion. It felt like a ""sigh i must do this for a living" kind of album compared to her previous releases.

Just because someone is looking at things subjectively, doesn't make one a bad fan.

Also, people talk about 2 songs, but i can only find one?
Posted on: 2016/4/7 16:49
  •  dipoyu1
      dipoyu1
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 22 / M / Sacramento
Wow. I can't believe how many of you are complaining about the new songs. I for one, likes both of them but Manatsu no Tooriame more. You could argue that waiting for over 5 years for Hikki's return would make me automatically accept/love anything that she puts out and you wouldn't be wrong. I am without a doubt biased being a Hikki fan for over a decade and probably for as long as I live.

Hikki has always poured her heart and soul into everything she composes. Her music is always evolving and shows her growth as a musician and a human being, and her new songs are a testament to that by following the feelings of Sakura Nagashi.

Trying to discredit the two new songs because they are the themes of a news program and drama is just wrong. That is like saying Sakura Nagashi/Beautiful World were bad songs because they are affiliated with Evangelion or that Simple and Clean/Hikari/Passion are as well because they are a part of Kingdom Hearts. I doubt that companies/studios make Hikki compose/structure her songs to fit their needs. I'm sure they tell her what kind of feeling and vibe they would like her to go for and let her do her thing.

Then there is fact that her just finished album hasn't even been released yet. Also don't forget that we haven't even heard the whole song yet, only like a minute of each. Judging a song by a minute of its duration is just stupid. Its like watching a movie and saying it sucks before getting to the climax. Or it could be like listening to Sakura Nagashi for the first 3 minutes of the song and saying it sucked because it was so mellow and slow. I'm all for constructive criticism but this is just ludicrous.

P.S.- @ Joeri. I can't tell if you are a troll or not, but you definitely don't sound like a fan at all, in spite of your number of posts. I can't imagine any Hikki fan calling her music cashgrab. Heart Station and SVCII may not be my personal favorite albums but they both had their moments. Take 5 and Niji-iro Basu for Heart Station. Show me Love not a Dream for SVC2. Saying that her quality is gone is as offensive as it gets. Instead of saying Hikki should stop making music after 2006, I think you should stop listening to Hikki's music and move onto something else.
Posted on: 2016/4/7 15:11
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

utada4251 wrote:
I would have to sort of agree with you. They are beautiful and cute sounding. It's also great to hear that her voice is more beautiful than ever! The thing is, these songs were written and put together for a drama and at the end of a news network. Perhaps she is gearing up for an even better song to be released after. Just have some patience. For now, let's be grateful that she's back and see what happens!

agree with that, those are just work orders and she surely wrote them according to negotiated guidelines. Could you imagine a drama such as totonechan with something like Devil Inside or Passion? No way.

However, I find it weird that she's making a rather low-key comeback with those two songs but maybe the good old days of 'strike hard and get stunned' are gone nowadays.

I found some of her 'recent' songs like Show me love or Sakura Nagashi absolutely thrilling and full of promises, therefore, I'm just waiting for the album :)
Posted on: 2016/4/7 11:14
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

Kicks911 wrote:
But to me, they just sound like a B track to a single. I hate to say this, but they sound "forgettable".

This has been the case for everything released after ultra blue album, so it is not just you.

The new song is mediocre at best, and everything after ultra blue sounds like a cashgrab, the quality is gone, and not up to par with what she used to make.

Personally, she should have stopped making music after 2006,l since every song after that period were just not "quite there"
Posted on: 2016/4/7 9:37
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
I would have to sort of agree with you. They are beautiful and cute sounding. It's also great to hear that her voice is more beautiful than ever! The thing is, these songs were written and put together for a drama and at the end of a news network. Perhaps she is gearing up for an even better song to be released after. Just have some patience. For now, let's be grateful that she's back and see what happens!
Posted on: 2016/4/7 7:06
  •  Kicks911
      Kicks911
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I do not post much here, if at all, but I have been compelled as I have been a long time Hikki fan. Long time.

Is anyone else disappointed with what they have heard, or is it just me? Hikki has been gone for almost six years! SIX YEARS! She released some also songs in 2010 such as Goodbye Happiness.

The girl has been gone for six years, and I was just expecting her new songs to be more....I don't know, epic? Don't get me wrong, the songs are pleasant, they aren't bad. But to me, they just sound like a B track to a single. I hate to say this, but they sound "forgettable".

I don't know, if I was an artist and I hadn't released music in a while, I would try to give my fans something with a little more "oomf". I'm sure I will get flack for this, but this has really been bothering me the past few days. I love Hikki, and always will, but these two songs I have heard recently do not get me excited for what's to come. =(
Posted on: 2016/4/6 17:26
  •  Syaoran
      Syaoran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Looks like the YouTube audio has been muted :\
Anyone have any alternative links?

'Hanataba wo kimi ni' sounds like something Maaya Sakamoto would put out ^^
Posted on: 2016/4/5 12:24
  •  Neko
      Neko
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/F/Chicago
Hey would anyone be able to upload the audio (not on youtube)? I am unable to listen because of copyright stuff in the US. I really want to hear these new songs! :(
Posted on: 2016/4/5 7:42
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
Can't wait
It's been so long. Although she will most likely release just one or two songs in 2016...

Posted on: 2016/4/4 7:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>