<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Raito
      Raito
Re: Alone on Utadanet
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Utada's fanbase is almost dead, they only appear when she releases a new single or album and disappear very fast.

I think it has to do with Hikki doing almost none promotion for new material. She did tons of promotion for Fantome in TV, but none of the singles released after had TV promotions. And I believe that most of Hikki's fanbase nowadays don't listen to J-pop or Asian music, after her hiatus most of them migrated back to western music, differently of other Jpop fanbases that moved into Kpop.

I believe now that her music is avaiable for streaming many fans might be back, since Hikki's trying to make her music as accessible as she can.
Posted on: 2018/2/1 7:46
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

Momocatluv wrote:
@Giga Hello Giga nice to meet you and thank you for following my Twitter:)
Hope you enjoy what I post there haha
And yeah I understand, it is really hard to keep a fan site active while your busy in life.
Same thing happened to me also, I used to have a favorite singer when I was younger but it kinda died down as I grew older. Still listen to his songs from time to time though^^

Yeah, definitely. Life is always tough and the older you get the harder it becomes trying to keep all your likes. Not to mention maturity can also bring about different tastes. But yeah....somehow still around here in one way or another XD

Quote:

joeri wrote:
well hello there fellow old member

Wow. Joeri Nii-chan. You're still around too
Posted on: 2018/3/28 22:42
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:
Quote:

Momocatluv wrote:
@Giga Hello Giga nice to meet you and thank you for following my Twitter:)
Hope you enjoy what I post there haha
And yeah I understand, it is really hard to keep a fan site active while your busy in life.
Same thing happened to me also, I used to have a favorite singer when I was younger but it kinda died down as I grew older. Still listen to his songs from time to time though^^

Yeah, definitely. Life is always tough and the older you get the harder it becomes trying to keep all your likes. Not to mention maturity can also bring about different tastes. But yeah....somehow still around here in one way or another XD

Quote:

joeri wrote:
well hello there fellow old member

Wow. Joeri Nii-chan. You're still around too

Well, not as much "around" as i just was curious if the site was still online or not lol.
Posted on: 2018/4/22 22:37
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

Momocatluv wrote:

I wonder if the webmaster/moderators of Utada Net is busy...
I understand if they’re busy but they should log in to check from time to time.

Yup .. im still lurking around - but yeah life is busy. Especially as we're older now. And most my time when I log on goes to deal with spam.

Its just way too time consuming to write any news, so I have to rely on the community to post about the news.

I'm dedicated to keep this site up and running. I know others have let their web hosting accounts lapse and things disappear. But I can say that I will keep this up and running for a long while yet! But keeping it up to date is a whole other effort that I cannot devote enough energy to and need the community to step up and post.
Posted on: 2018/4/27 3:08
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:

Our Administrator Q; has always been a busy person and I believe that to be the case even now. Q, if you're reading. I wish you the best.

Thank you!
Would love to join the FB group too! :P

Hopefully things will feel more fresh, as I have replaced the news with a twitter feed.
Posted on: 2018/4/27 3:10
  •  hoffa55
      hoffa55
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 42/M/TN
I've just logged in from many years absent. I remember there not being a lot of news, and everyone kinda stopped posting. A lot has changed in my life since way back when, but I still love me some Utada!
Posted on: 2018/6/12 21:42
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I’m still here!
To be honest, I get most of my info on the Facebook group page.

That being said, I’ve given the available songs from ‘Hatsukoi’ a proper listen and I’ve fallen in love again. ‘Fantôme’ kinda had me on the fence about whether I liked Utada’s new style, but these new songs have definitely made me love her music again. I feel Utada is “back” this time around. There’s nuances in this new batch of songs that remind me of past efforts, and it has me excited.

Perhaps I was overtly sceptical of ‘Fantôme’ from the songs I did hear, and I need to listen to them again, but something always did seem “off” about it. Again, perhaps I’m being too harsh.

Also, “Chikai” is being released with the album on June 27th, does anyone know if “Don’t Think Twice” will follow with it? Or will we have to wait for that?
Posted on: 2018/6/14 13:03
  •  Raito
      Raito
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I believe Don't Think Twice will be released only when KH3 comes out in January. It isn't included in Hatsukoi. Probably it'll be part of a future English album (it might be her next release, since she's rumored to perform in Taiwan next year according to Taiwan media and her name order change to Hikaru Utada instead of Utada Hikaru like in her previous releases).
Posted on: 2018/6/15 17:05
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I haven't logged in for so many years I'm glad I still remember my password. Happy to be here again. Happy hikki is back again with new album. Only few days ago I was ripping my old Automatic cds to listen in my car. Yes it's been that long.
Posted on: 2018/7/4 20:52
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
There’s just alot more avenues now to get news on what she’s doing.
Forums were great (and still are), but things like Twitter is a lot faster and is often used as a forum for conversation.

I still linger from time to time, but as lots of others have said, we grew up and have other priorities ahead of posting.
I still listen to her work, but am behind.
I believe she has a new album after Fantome. I’m behind but do manage to come back to her music.
Posted on: 2019/7/22 14:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>