Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  Keep Tryin' - Oricon Special Interview & Listen Japan Special Interview [2006.2.22]

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Keep Tryin' - Oricon Special Interview & Listen Japan Special Interview [2006.2.22]
Administrator
A/S/L
Oricon:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/interview/060222_04b.html
Check it ... needs a translation.

Quote:

みんなも頑張ろうねっていう気持ちが明確に書けた

05'年後半は「Be
My
Last」「Passion」と、立て続けにシングルを発表し、本格的に日本での活動を再開した、宇多田ヒカル。06'年もその活発な動きを止める事なく、2月22日に15thシングル「Keep
Tryin'」をリリースした。この歌は宇多田ヒカルが日常生活の中でずっと感じている思いや願いが、やっと詞と曲を結びつけた作品だ。

「?頑
張ろう?っていうメッセージは「COLORS」(03年発表の12thシングル)にもあったんだけど、「Keep
Tryin'」ほど、まだ明確なものではなかったと思うの。私はたくさんのファンの人達やいろんな人達に応援されて、今こうやっていられるけど、私もいつ
もみんなを応援してるのね。みんな、誰もが頑張って生きてる。私、高速に乗る時に料金所のおじさんとか見てても思っちゃうんだよね。必ずおじさんに?あり
がとうございます?とか?お疲れさまです?って言うし、?ETCなんかに負けないで!?って思うの。私も頑張るから、みんなも頑張ろうねっていう気持ち
が、やっと「Keep Tryin'」で明確に書けて、スッキリした!」

曲の途中に入っている「おもちゃのピアノが奏でる音」は、「夢」の象徴なのだとか。

「子
供が一生懸命にピアノを弾いてるのってなんかけなげじゃない?将来は何になるんだろう、将来何になりたいなっていう子供の姿って、これからの未来がある
じゃない?でもね、このおもちゃのピアノを探すのは大変だった!!いい年の大人がデパートのおもちゃ売り場に行って、あれがいい、これがいいよって探しま
くってたの。で、結局、展示品の音が何個か出ないボロボロに弾き古されたのが最高じゃん!ってなって。どうにかコレをゆずって下さいって店員さんに言った
ら、こんなボロのやつでいいんですか!?ホントにいいんですか?って何度も確認されちゃって(苦笑)。でも、これがいいんです!!って買って帰ったんだよ
ね。」

身近な感じがする素直な曲

さて、今作には久しぶりに?新曲?のカップリング曲「WINGS」を収録。大好きな親友とケンカした後の心境を歌ったこの曲を作っている時、宇多田ヒカルは?宮沢賢治の詩集?を読んでいたのだとか。

「確
か彼の詩がほとんど入ってる詩集だったんだけど・・・。宮沢賢治の詩って擬音語がすごく印象的で、この人は音楽家か!?ってくらい音の感じが良くて、声を
出して読むとドキドキしちゃうのね。たぶん「WINGS」の歌詞にある♪ラララらララ ラララヲウヲオ♪の部分は、ちょっと彼の詩にあこがれてカタカナ表
記と平仮名表記が混じっちゃったのかもしれない(苦笑)」

「WINGS」には?向かい風がチャンスだよ今飛べ?というフレーズがある。「Keep
Tryin'」での?頑張ろうよ?というメッセージに通じる思いが、ここにもある。

「この2曲はね、身近な感じがする素直な曲だなって思うんだ」
(文:松浦靖恵)

Listen Japan:
http://i.listen.jp/st/sp/sp/274/
Also needs a translation...
Quote:
宇多田ヒカルのニュー・シングル「Keep Tryin'」は、ちょっとおもしろいイントロから始まる。ラジオのチューニングを合わせる時に聞こえてくるような音。それはまるで周波数みたいな音だ。

「なんかこう??ノイズ的なものって、ラジオの選局してる時になかなか見つからない時もそうなんだけど、模索とか探っているとか、よくわかんないんだよなぁって感情とか。私にとってはノイズってそれを象徴してて??。あのイントロ(のノイズの)部分も、そこから急にクリアな音にカチッときて、なんか突き抜けたような感じにしたかったの。ロケットが発射されてグオ~ッて凄い音がして、炎もブォ~ッってなってて、雲がたくさんなるところを突き抜る時は周りが見えなくて、うわぁ~、ここはどこ!? って感じになってるのに、急に大気圏を突き抜けるとフワっとなってクリアになっちゃった瞬間みたいな感じ? 私ね、あのイントロ、好きなんだよね」

前々作「Be My Last」は、いきなり「♪母さんどうして??」と語りかけるような?言葉?から始まった力強いバラード曲だった。前作「Passion」は、荒野を吹き抜ける風のような浮遊感と連続的なドラムのリズムがとても印象的な曲だった。そして、今回の「Keep Tryin'」は宇多田ヒカルいわく「久々に気持ちが上がってくるような開いた感じの曲」になった。

「3曲とも曲調も雰囲気も違うんだけど、(自分自身の中では)流れがあって、つながってる曲なんだよね」

?流れ?。?つながり?。この2つのキーワードはここ1年くらいの宇多田ヒカルの作品づくりにおいて、とても重要なキーワードだ。

「10代の頃はただただ1曲ずつ一生懸命に作ってたから、その時の自分の気持ちとか生活とかいろんな意味で結果的に一貫したものがあるっていう感じだったけど。ここ最近はアルバムに向かってるっていうのもあるんだろうけど、コンセプトみたいなもの? 次にどうつながっていくのかっていう一連の流れを見すえた上で今はこれでいいのかとか、こっちの方がいいとか、そういう風に考えるようになってきたの。たぶんそれは人生に対してもそうなのかもしれないけど??」

15歳でデビューした彼女も、この1月19日(木)で23歳になった。もちろん年齢だけで判断してはいけないのだろうが、デビューから8年というキャリアを持った23歳の宇多田ヒカルは、10代の頃の?とても個人的な世界(音楽)?から、20代の?新しい次なる世界(音楽)?へと歩みを進めていた。

「乗り越えるとか頑張ろうよっていう気持ちは3曲とも全部共通してる。ま、「Keep Tryin'」はこの中で一番?頑張ろうよ!?っていうメッセージが明確に出ているんだけど。たぶん、大人になってきたっていうのもあると思うんだけど、昔は1対1の人間関係? 私と誰かとか、私と私の中にいる自分自身の事とかを描く事が多かったと思うのね。でも、今は自分の実体験の中にある日常生活の普通の出来事や、一般的な音楽を聴いてる像や20代のOLさんの像とかが頭ん中にあって。そういうね、私だけじゃないよね、みんなも同じように感じる事だよねっていうのが書けるようになってきた」

宇多田ヒカル自身も、みんなの中の一人。決して特別な存在なんかじゃない。「Keep Tryin'」は、みんなの身近にある歌だ。世界中で、毎日の生活の中で、いろんな出来事が起こっている。だけど、ほんの少しでもいいから幸せになれるように、昨日よりも笑顔が増えるように、みんな今日を一生懸命に生きている。大切な明日のために、大切な未来のために。だからこそ、Keep Tryin'!! 私も頑張るから、みんなも頑張ろうね! と、宇多田ヒカルは何度も何度も歌っている。

(文/松浦靖恵)

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2006/2/22 0:12
  •  clgan
      clgan
Re: Oricon Keep Tryin' Special Interview [2006.2.22]
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
need some time to do...translation......any expert could help out on this....
Posted on: 2006/2/22 0:18
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
translation of interview in oricon.co.jp

In the latter half of ’05, by releasing Be My Last and Passion in rapid succession, Utada Hikaru seriously reopened her activities in Japan. Even in ’06, with out stopping her active movements, on 2/22 she released Keep Trying, her 15th single. It is a creation in which Utada Hikaru has tied all the thoughts and wishes she has felt in daily life into words and song.
UH: There was a “Do your best!” kind of message in COLORS (12th single released in 03) but it wasn’t as distinct as in Keep Tryin. I’m always being cheered on by fans and various people, and because of that I can be who I am now, but I, too, am cheering on everybody. Everyone is living trying their best. For me, I think that even when I get on a free way, and see the man at the toll booth. I always tell the man “thank you” or “keep up the good work”, and think to myself “don’t give into the ETC!” [note: almost all Japanese freeways are actually tollways where you take a ticket when you get on and pay a man when you get off. You can also sign up for “ETC” which is where the toll booth automatically scans your car when you get on and off without stopping, then bills you monthly] It’s a feeling like “I’m trying my best so everybody, lets all do our best!” and I’ve finally been able to write it clearly in Keep Tryin’, and I feel refreshed.

In the middle of the song, there is a toy piano sound playing. Is that a symbol of a dream?
UH: A child playing the piano with all their might is really a kind of admirable thing isn’t it? What do you think they’ll be in the future? And the figure of a kid who wants to do something in the future is like, ‘they really have a future don’t they?’ But it was really hard to find the piano. A good man went to the toy department in a department store looking around asking “is that ok?” “is this ok?”. Then in the end, we said the old piano, falling apart and where some of the notes don’t come out would be just awesome! When we asked the clerk, please give us this piano, they confirmed “this junky of a piano is really ok?? Are you sure?” over and over again. But we said, “this is good!” and bought it and went home.

Then, with this piece, you included for the first time in a long time a coupling song, WINGS. When making this sing in which you sing from the state of mind after having a fight with a good friend, you were reading “Poem Collection of Miyazawa Kenji”?
UH: Yeah, definitely almost all of his poems were included in it, but…his onomatopoeic words are just striking. The feeling of sound is so good in his poems that it’s like “is this guy a musician? My heart starts to beat hard when I read his poems out loud. Probably the “lalalaLAlala lalala wouwoo” part in WINGS is trying to be like his poetry and that’s why I mixed the hiragana and katakana.

In WINGS there’s the phrase “This headwind is a chance, Fly now!”. The “do your best” message in Keep Tryin’ is also in here.
UH: I think that these 2 songs have a close, familiar feel and are very docile songs.

credit : grayzkule @u-o.net

after i read it i love this single so much
and i hope people who read it they will love this single like me
i love hikki more and more
she has a beautiful mind and lively life

ULTRA BLUE IS FROM ULTRA HIKKI
Posted on: 2006/2/22 18:51
  •  clgan
      clgan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
thx for posting the translation........^^

^^Support Hikki...
Posted on: 2006/2/23 5:08
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Well done Rui. Thanks for that fantastic translation. I really liked that interview. I want to know what Wings is going to sound like now. Keep Tryin is definitely an inspirational song. All thanks to Hikaru.
Posted on: 2006/2/23 21:49
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Very cool, thanks you two.
Posted on: 2006/2/23 23:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic