12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Meruru
      Meruru
Another Utada fan appears
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Lisbon
Hello, Utada fans around the world. I am Meruru, I am turning 20 and I recently discovered this young asian individual whose relationship started as despise and evolved into love and admiration. When I first heard "First Love" I would never guess i would like the inexperience voiced little singer so much.

Being a person who sings for passion since young age and has singuing training, it's easy for me to identify and look up to people such as Utada Hikaru. Not only because of the obvious sucess she achieved but also because she is unperfect, therefore, more of a real person, unlike many sugar coated pop stars. Her singuing technique's far from being great, yet she can sing beautifully. And the maturation she's going through is beautiful to watch: her music and her voice are just getting better and better.

About me, I am a Portuguese girl, living in Portugal, that parch of land between Spain and the Atlantic ocean and I am 19 going on 20. My lifetime passion is singuing and my hobbies are reading, playing computer games, watching series and listening to music.

I hope to talk a lot about Utada in here!
Cheers!
Posted on: 2006/3/7 17:40
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Re: Another Utada fan appears
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

Meruru wrote:
Not only because of the obvious sucess she achieved but also because she is unperfect, therefore, more of a real person, unlike many sugar coated pop stars. Her singuing technique's far from being great, yet she can sing beautifully.

OMG!! My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

About me, I am a Portuguese girl, living in Portugal, that parch of land between Spain and the Atlantic ocean and I am 19 going on 20.

Oh, my mom is Portuguese! She came to America when she was 16 years old. Do you know the song "Oculos de Sol" by Natercia Barreto? Rsss I really like that song, but its old, so you might not know it.

Welcome to the forums!! We have so many new posters lately, it makes things more interesting...
Posted on: 2006/3/7 17:59
  •  Meruru
      Meruru
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Lisbon
Quote:

Bizzaro wrote:

OMG!! My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing Hiiki as a perfect voice!:D

Quote:

Oh, my mom is Portuguese! She came to America when she was 16 years old. Do you know the song "Oculos de Sol" by Natercia Barreto? Rsss I really like that song, but its old, so you might not know it.

LOOL the last place I would expect to read about that song would be on an Utada Hikaru forum! No way, of course I know it, it's a classic! XD Everyone knows at least a bit or another. So funny to find sons of immigrants carrying pieces of our culture around!

*goes off singuing* "Os meus ?culos de soool...!"

Quote:

Welcome to the forums!!

Obrigada!:D (Thank you!)
Posted on: 2006/3/7 18:14
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

Obrigada!:D (Thank you!)

Haha, my mom never fails to tell me that the Japanese word for thank you comes from the Portuguese word for thank you, because the Japanese used to trade with the Portuguese wayy back in the day....

Obrigado ~ Arigatou

They are similar, but many people argue whether or not it actually does come from Portuguese. It would be cool if it did!

Quote:

So funny to find sons of immigrants carrying pieces of our culture around!

Hahaha I'm a girl btw
Posted on: 2006/3/7 18:36
  •  Meruru
      Meruru
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Lisbon
Quote:

Bizzaro wrote:
Haha, my mom never fails to tell me that the Japanese word for thank you comes from the Portuguese word for thank you, because the Japanese used to trade with the Portuguese wayy back in the day....

Obrigado ~ Arigatou

They are similar, but many people argue whether or not it actually does come from Portuguese. It would be cool if it did!

Indeed! And arigato is not the only one, there are a lot of japanese vocabulary very similar to portuguese words. I just never heard anyone contesting it...I even learned it from my History books! The Portuguese were the first ocidental people to get to Japan. There were lots of examples in my History book... many words they use are "engrish" versions of portuguese words. I think the word "tea" itself comes from the portuguese itself. "Ocha" in japanese (I think) "Ch?" in portuguese. They even have their own version of a cake we have here named "P?o-de-l?", named "Kasutera" in japanese, similar to our "Castela". Also, we taught japanese people Tempura!

Yes, you're totally right, all thanks to trading, centuries ago! There are even some famous japanese paintings and descriptions from the day the ocidental men (Portuguese sailors in this case) stepped on the japanese islands. We were portraied and viewed as smelly people with HUGE noses!!
Posted on: 2006/3/7 19:11
  •  berryz
      berryz
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Meruru wrote:
I think the word "tea" itself comes from the portuguese itself. "Ocha" in japanese (I think) "Ch?" in portuguese.

LOL, cool. if your fluent in vietnamese then you also pronounce tea as 'cha'. but, its spelt 'tra'.
btw, welcome to Utada net, have fun and enjoy posting!
Posted on: 2006/3/7 21:08
  •  clgan
      clgan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Welcome to Meruru....I think all the members here would like to talk about utada here....since here is a FC of utada...and er...i am sure almost all the member here think that utada is perfect ^^ For you information....Japanese origin from china...and most of the word they create is base on china.....the word "cha"...in japanese is exactly how it pronounce tea in mandarin too....^^
Posted on: 2006/3/8 6:08
  •  -kairi-
      -kairi-
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/F/Spain
Welcome to the forum, Meruru!!! You know, I'm from Galicia (in Spain) and it's very close to Portugal...so...we're like neighbours! Have fun!
Benvida!! ("Welcome" in galician)
Posted on: 2006/3/8 8:15
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Cool, man there's so many fans everywhere, I freak out sometimes. LOL glad to have you here and enjoy your stay. And post post post! xD
Posted on: 2006/3/8 14:18
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Welcome Meruru to Utada Net forums. It's nice to see there are fans of Utada Hikaru from all over the world. I guess you could say her music is universal. Anywho, enjoy it here and happy posting!
Posted on: 2006/3/8 23:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>