•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
How Did You Become A Hikki Fan?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
sorry if this has been asked already...

i read about ''exodus'' in a megazine (HEAT) they labelled utada as ''almost famous - the japanese britney spears'' so i thought id see what the fuss was over....i loved the album! i heard that the UK was getting a special release so i got that one....and then i got her japanese albums!
Posted on: 2006/4/1 1:53
  •  -kairi-
      -kairi-
Re: How Did You Become A Hikki Fan?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/F/Spain
Well... I knew her when I first heard "Simple and Clean" in Kingdom Hearts... and I loved that song ...at first I dindn't know that Utada was a jpop singer. Then, I searched for the game's soundtrack in the internet and I found an internet radio station where I heard another of Utada's songs: it was "I love you"... and since then I began to like this singer a lot!!! GOOOO HIKKI!!!!!
Posted on: 2006/4/1 7:27
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Wow, I find it interesting that you got into her through her English stuff, because a lot of fans of her Japanese stuff have a general distaste for her English album (or is it just me? I liked a lot of her English songs, I just didn't think it was of the same calibur of her J-pop stuff)

I got into her of course through Simple and Clean.. I played KH, I kinda liked the song but didn't think much of it, (I thought the line "but does that mean I have to meet your father" was hilarious at the time... and now I think it is very clever) Actually, I didn't know she was a J-pop singer either, for some reason I thought she was black. Then someone at my school played the original (non-mixed) version for me, and I loooooved it! So then I downloaded all her songs. But I didn't really listen to them - for a year or so I just put them on regular rotation on my comp and didn't especially like them or hate them.. truthfully, I listened to her because I thought it would help me with my Japanese, not for any particular love of her music. After a while, it started to grow on me and I really liked her.. and then, when I heard dareka no negai ga kanau koro, she became my favorite singer! That song was just too great! And now I am here, sharing the love.

omg this post is practically my whole life story haha. Sorry for making it so long.

And -kairi-, do you have a copy of "I Love You"?? I've never heard it, and I'd really like a copy! Do you know where I can get it?
Posted on: 2006/4/1 10:16
  •  ElvisWickedAngel
      ElvisWickedAngel
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 24/F/WI
As soon as I heard "Simple and Clean" from the first Kingdom hearts soundtrack I instantly became a fan! So later after that I went out and got her album, "Exodus" and I became even a bigger fan! I was wowed when I heard "Passion" from the Kingdom hearts 2 game. It's breath taking! That's how I became a fan. So thank you Kingdom Heart, Square - Enix, and Disney!!!
Posted on: 2006/4/1 12:30
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 14 / Male / Lancaster, PA
... It was the Simple & Clean commercial for Kingdom Hearts. That song is teh r0xx0r5.

TeraLink Was Here!

James Was Here! Productions
Posted on: 2006/4/1 12:52
  •  The_Swede
      The_Swede
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/Boy/Sweden
I read a lot about her that she should be good, so I downloaded a couple of songs^_^ But I didn't listened to them in the beginning, but one day I started and was hooked.
And then I bought Deep River.
Posted on: 2006/4/1 12:57
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

The_Swede wrote:
And then I bought Deep River.

Deep River rocks!!
Posted on: 2006/4/1 16:46
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
YES! "Deep River" is my favourite album EVER - and not just in Hikki music!
Posted on: 2006/4/2 3:06
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/m/USA
I got into her music because I listened to "Simple and Clean." After that I just bought one of her Cds and I just loved it. I got int oher music a couple years ago.

He comes out at night.
Posted on: 2006/4/2 3:24
  •  berryz
      berryz
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
my brother got me into Hikki. he kept telling me to listen to her song 'Wait & See', then i got addicted. i also like Simple & Clean, but once when i started reading stuff from the notebooks inside ps2 stuff, i just realised Hikaru sang Simple & Clean. so yeah.... complicated?!?
Posted on: 2006/4/2 4:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>