Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
The Day After Tomorrow
Administrator
A/S/L
So I just saw this earlier tonight...and I gotta say, I really liked it.

I mean...other than all the wicked/pretty shots of all that snow and ice >.>

I don't know why it was so brutally reviled by the critics and the online community...

Any of you more experienced filmgoers willing to share any thoughts?
Posted on: 2004/6/24 22:03
  •  Gokie
      Gokie
Re: The Day After Tomorrow
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Haven't seen it, but the trailer made it look really stupid. And the fact that it's near-universally criticised doesn't help.

Not to mention Shrek 2, Harry Potter, The Terminal, and Dodgeball all came out recently, and Spider-Man 2 is only days away.

Odds of going to theatre to watch "Day After Tomorrow": roughly equivalent to a snowball's chance in hell. ^^

~KS
Posted on: 2004/6/24 23:12
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
I like it.... completely just sit back and stop brain activity and admire pretty pictures sorta film. I found it entertaining and slightly humourous at the role reversal of the third world and the developed world :P

Also.. Emmy Rossum rules ^__^
Posted on: 2004/6/27 14:34
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Heh...forgiving all latin/american debt XD

That was sooo great. Who's emmy rossum? The girl who cuts her leg? If so, yeah she was kinda cute.

I still loved the whole turn to ice in seconds thing XD Was cool...I wish I could do that XD
Posted on: 2004/6/30 17:00
  •  maybe_certainly
      maybe_certainly
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/f/NY
It looks so unrealistic (to me anyway)

I'll see it after my siblings force me to watch it with them when the DVD comes out.

Posted on: 2004/6/30 17:51
Administrator
A/S/L Vana'Diel
Warning!!! May have somethings that may ruin movie for you if havent seen it....

Well i went to see the movie, lol even after all the negative stuff i heard. It wasn't all that interesting to me. The graphics and the stuff that went on with the water coming in the city was cool, But comon, 1 room and fire place isnt gonna stop -100 degrees those kids would have died, if you want to be realistic let them all die. Arrmaggedon was a great movie, but had a happy ending but mix in Deep Impacts ending with Arma and it would have been more realistic. I like movies that keep it real catastrophic events. Ok this maybe mega critic but i mean i just think it would have been better without a boring love scene where people are falling for each other, that to me takes away from the movies main theme. Also they could have picked a better cast then what they did. But the graphics where good the story could have been better. The characters and the roles they played where bland i fell asleep 5 times hope i didnt miss something that made it better :).....Thats all i gotta say.....Oh yeah the graphics were cool especially the end when they showed the earth after the ice.
Posted on: 2004/7/1 4:25
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

For a review of the physics within the movie ^__^

warning.. there are spoilers
Posted on: 2004/7/1 17:29
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Oh c'mon wulf, you gotta give the women SOME sort of incentive to go and watch the movie right? Go look at almost every single disaster movie and I can almost guarantee that you'll see some sapppy romance blooming under the influence of fear and adrenaline. XD
Posted on: 2004/7/7 11:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic