<1...9101112131415...17>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amai
      Amai
Re: Utada in Playboy
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
I vote not sexier Utada. I think that she could bring a newer image to America in that singers don't have to be boobalishious and look great in a bathing suit. I HATE that she changed her style. I think she should bring a little bit of the Far East to America, rather than try to be a Japanese American star. I think she just needs a little more publicity. You know, a top hit song here in American called, "Hey There Delilah", for example, was out for two whole years before it hit huge. She just needs to advertise a bit more. There's a reason a lot of Americans came to love her in the Kingdom Hearts era.
I vote: keep the style, stay covered, and publicize more.
No need for any of this Easy Breezy nonsense.
Posted on: 2007/10/13 7:59
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

Amai wrote:
I vote not sexier Utada. I think that she could bring a newer image to America in that singers don't have to be boobalishious and look great in a bathing suit. I HATE that she changed her style. I think she should bring a little bit of the Far East to America, rather than try to be a Japanese American star. I think she just needs a little more publicity. You know, a top hit song here in American called, "Hey There Delilah", for example, was out for two whole years before it hit huge. She just needs to advertise a bit more. There's a reason a lot of Americans came to love her in the Kingdom Hearts era.
I vote: keep the style, stay covered, and publicize more.
No need for any of this Easy Breezy nonsense.

Of course you know how I vote, but we all know utada will probably vote the same way you do. If utada wanted to be sexier, or needed to be sexier to sell more albums she would have done it by now.

Well I think you are confusing sexiness with (censored)tiness. She can be sexy and tasteful. She doesn't have to have her boobs all out with side cleavage to be sexy. An in easy breezy she was sexy for all of 15 seconds. And that was the pinnacle of her sexiness..

Well dear old hikki has a problem with making it big in america. She said she is the first asian major act in america. She said that america might not be ready for it as a whole. Oh course she has a lot of support from americans and europeans. But those people are already interested in japan, so its easy to get them to listen to hikki. Most of hikki's american fans heard of her through a video game, an rpg at that. Most gamers in america don't even play rpg's, (well japanese rpgs) But I think its harder to get people who are not interested in japan to buy her music. I think that and no promotion was the problem with exodus sales.

Well the sexiness issue is mainly for fanboys. I never wanted to see gackt hump mana in malice mizer lives, but they did it for the fangirls, not the fanboys. Just like we (some of the fanboys) wouldn't mind a little tiny bit of sexiness.

And one last thing you act as if japan has no sexy acts or japanese singers that are singers act and dress like hikki. Hikki is a woman artist who through her talents and her situation did not have to be sexy to sell albums, or to help sells. But a lot of women are not this lucky.

Wow that was super long gomenasai (I still didn't say everything, lol)

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/10/13 8:28
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
I have no doubt there are some sexy acts in Japan. But, we all have to admit, it's WAY more prominate in America. But we girls need an idol to look at (and we're not really getting some here in the US. I mean, look at Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton). I wouldn't mind if Hikki got a little more fashionable, as long as she keeps it all covered up. I think she's more concerned with her music than being a model. She always did say she hated to act and she originally just wanted to song write. She didn't do it, because she couldn't find an artist to do it correctly, I believe.

No... Hikki can get sexier if she really wants, but, you have to admit, it would just not be her. I don't want to force her into the American industries.

As long as she sings a song that gets stuck in your head (and I have to admit, all her songs get stuck pretty quickly) she can make it here. Just PUBLICITY!!! PLEASE!!!!

She can do whatever she wants from there. You fan boys have fun.
Posted on: 2007/10/13 9:37
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
utada + boobs = please delete me from UN
Posted on: 2007/10/13 10:36
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
And from a guy too.
Posted on: 2007/10/13 11:09
  •  GreatFaya
      GreatFaya
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/F/USA
<3 Hikki support.
Posted on: 2007/10/13 12:22
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
what, what?
Posted on: 2007/10/13 12:53
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
It is very true we have much more sex infusion in america. Me and my little sister were talking about this. Japan can make ANYTHING cute and america can make anything sexy. lol I never thought of hikki as an idol... I guess she could be for young women.

I would agree with you that she is more concentrated on her music than anything. She really doesn't have a desire to do anything except what she is doing now. If she wanted to do something else she could, she is famous enough.

I would also have to admit if hikki got sexy it would not be her (visually not lyric-wise). Now my vision of utada being sexy is a mature sexy as I said before. I would love to see her in more cocktail dresses and nightgowns. Like for example jun's all white dress in the asiance commercial. That was sexy to me. It revealed all of her shoulders, and is simple and elegant. Clean simple colors, matching heels. It was so sexy. But at the same time, its not hikki's style at all. Just like with the adult photo shoot and the new sexier image for exodus 08, her wearing the jun dress (or similar dresses) will probably not happen.

You are right again her song are very catchy, they stay in my head as well. That's why I'm here on this site because hikki makes awesome music. And exodus could of sold better on pubbing hype alone, I agree.

All of what you said was true, but just because utada is a seemingly wholesome girl, (we don't really know what she does in her personal life, she might tippy toe every tuesday and have some one night magic every 3rd sunday) doesn't mean she is not sexy. Utada is sexy. She can not help that. And when ever a woman is sexy, men will talk about her, because of her sexiness.

I'm not saying utada needs to do gravure, I'm not saying utada needs to shoot her next video in a thong, I'm not saying utada needs to write songs about her and her ex-husband in the bed, just to sell songs. But what I am saying is, if utada was ever in a sexy spread (and I know she never will be), or if she was every do have an american sex appeal on her next album (which she won't) I want to be there and see her sexiness, thats it. Fanboys like me, know utada has a .111111% chance of saying yes to a photoshoot, but let us dream...

Posted on: 2007/10/13 22:26
  •  zen_shadow
      zen_shadow
User on Probation
A/S/L 18th/Male/Indonesia
I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE HAD DONE THIS!!! She must had a great reason to do that! I BELIEVE that She's NOT a Girl like THAT!!! Coz, I..LOVE HER SO MUCH !!!
Posted on: 2007/10/13 23:49
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

zen_shadow wrote:
I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE HAD DONE THIS!!! She must had a great reason to do that! I BELIEVE that She's NOT a Girl like THAT!!! Coz, I..LOVE HER SO MUCH !!!

lol, chill out man, she hasn't and wouldn't do that (well I hope she will, but we all know the truth).

Posted on: 2007/10/14 0:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...9101112131415...17>