I hope Hikki tries again in the US

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
I hope Hikki tries again in the US
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/Philippines
It was 'cause of poor promotion and not because of Hikki why she didn't really hit big in the US. I hope she tries again and I hope that the record label that would handle her or if it would still be def jam, to promote her more properly and give her guestings on shows like TRL and I bet she'd be hell big! I didn't even know she had a US album in 2004 even when I watched MTV almost everyday. We had a project in music about a singer/songwriter and I was chosen to be the leader so I chose Hikki as our singer/songwriter and we did great, we even showed Hikki's First Love PV and some of my classmates were asking me 'bout the song and stuff. Some even were asking me if there was an english version of First Love and of course I said yes, the next day they were saying that the original Japanese version was way better and they were listening to it hehehe I just wish Utada would try again in the international market. You guys agree?
Yours and mine...
Posted on: 2006/7/19 6:10
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Re: I hope Hikki tries again in the US
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
hell yeah! i want more english stuff lol......even if it's rerecordings of her old stuff

|_|L?|??@ (3L|_|?
Posted on: 2006/7/22 15:58
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
I totally agree, alterstar and fanmail!!!!!! I would love for her to do some more stuff in english. If she did, I think she would get big in America, and maybe she'd come to tour here!!! I'd finally get to see her in concert
Posted on: 2006/7/22 17:06
  •  fanmail
      fanmail
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/M/UK
yeah......Exodus is so great kremlin dusk

|_|L?|??@ (3L|_|?
Posted on: 2006/7/22 17:33
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
I love Kremlin dusk!!! I love all of Exodus
Posted on: 2006/7/22 18:40
  •  Mirage
      Mirage
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I read on Wikipedia that Utada is re-releasing Exodus in Japan. I'm not sure what she hopes to accomplish through that....will she add new songs? I thought it sold reasonably well in Japan...although it will never sell as well as her Japanese albums. The music on Exodus isn't really strong enough. Some of the songs has her singing so fast that she is straining her voice. Also, the lyrics are not always that fluid. In fact, so many of the songs deal with sex....I'm not sure that's really Utada's style....I think she might try translating some of her Japanese works into English...the musical arrangements on those are BRILLIANT....
Posted on: 2006/7/22 19:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/M/Cali
the onli way u can explode in america is by singing love songs..u c utada was singing sum club songs..by that it didnt attract americans..she has to sing sum love songs..like first love, ya thas how she got popular in japan..didnt she sang sukiyaki too? how come americans dint notice? but ya like i said..love songs will do it
Posted on: 2006/7/22 19:17
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
Yup, that is so true, danny. We americans just adore a good love song I know I do! I agree with Mirage that Exodus is not as good as her Japanese albums, and the songs aren't as strong, but I still love it.
Posted on: 2006/7/22 19:21
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/Philippines
yep I agree danny. Maybe she did songs in that genre 'cause she thinks americans might not like her "real" style. I just hope she tries again and with songs like the ones in her First Love album
Yours and mine...
Posted on: 2006/7/22 23:51
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L ?? / Male / Fukuoka, Japan
I wouldn't call Wikipedia a source of factual information, so I don't think that Exodus is going to be re-released in Japan.

Edit: I was wrong.
Posted on: 2006/7/23 5:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>