12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  XxSurr3alxX
      XxSurr3alxX
What did you think about EXODUS?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Female/15/CA
A few days ago, my friend finally recieved her EXODUS album, and after spending a few hours listening to the whole track, she told me that she HATED it. She disliked it soo much, she wanted to refund it! For a second, I thought that girl was on crack or something.. I mean, my friend loves Hikki, and she would never criticize any of her works!

Since I've never listened to that album before, she GAVE me the album and told me that I could have it as my birthday present!

So, as soon as I got home-I popped the disk into my computer, and started to listen. And in my opinion, I didn't think it was /that/ bad. Several songs, such as: Wonder 'bout and the workout, made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but other than that-I thought it was pretty good.

What are your guy's opinion on Exodus?
Posted on: 2006/9/5 16:40
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Re: What did you think about EXODUS?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Well she was experimenting on this album, seriously, it was also for quite sometime since she wrote english lyrics, and we couldn't just based the lyrics right off the bat. I think these lyrics (in my opinion) reflected and makes me think further of what/why her choices of words were for these songs. Becuase the whole song can have double meanings. Also, most people judge this album with her japanese works; she's different, and the persona she puts herself in for these songs can give us something to think about. Though call me overexamining this, but isn't it true? And it was fresh/new/exprimenting sounds and she was trying to have more involvement in it. For me i think its just purely something that will help her in the future.Though i do agree that for some ppl when they first hear this they will not like it, hey even if the lyrics sounded cheesey, isn't that still ok? Ppl judge this album so harshly and doesn't give it a try, some does, but some doesn't
now i've said too much lol im sowwy if i mislead u or something.
Posted on: 2006/9/5 20:53
  •  XxSurr3alxX
      XxSurr3alxX
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Female/15/CA
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Well she was experimenting on this album, seriously, it was also for quite sometime since she wrote english lyrics, and we couldn't just based the lyrics right off the bat. I think these lyrics (in my opinion) reflected and makes me think further of what/why her choices of words were for these songs. Becuase the whole song can have double meanings. Also, most people judge this album with her japanese works; she's different, and the persona she puts herself in for these songs can give us something to think about. Though call me overexamining this, but isn't it true? And it was fresh/new/exprimenting sounds and she was trying to have more involvement in it. For me i think its just purely something that will help her in the future.Though i do agree that for some ppl when they first hear this they will not like it, hey even if the lyrics sounded cheesey, isn't that still ok? Ppl judge this album so harshly and doesn't give it a try, some does, but some doesn't
now i've said too much lol im sowwy if i mislead u or something.

No need for apologies!:) Besides, I totally agree with you. Several peeps were claiming that this album was pointless, and it doesn't have a meaning like her japanese works.

But I think there is.. Throughout the album, she was trying to reveal her TRUE self. Maybe she isn't just a sweet-all-A-student-that everyone entitles her to be.
Posted on: 2006/9/5 21:16
  •  XxSurr3alxX
      XxSurr3alxX
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Female/15/CA
I think the album has a theme/message, and that message/theme is: No one understands her. No one really knows her. She wants to be understood. She wants to be free.

Few Examples;
Devil Inside: "Everybody wants me to be their angel"
"They don't know that I burn.."

Work out: I think she's trying to say that she's not a quiet goodytwoshoes. She can be wild and fun.

Exodus 04: She can walk on her own.

You make me want to be a man: I know that this was for her husband.. But not only is she wanting to become a different from what she is now for her husband, but maybe she's also talking to the publicity too?
Posted on: 2006/9/5 21:23
  •  Utada_numba_one
      Utada_numba_one
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/Male/てぶくろ
I sorta agree that it was pretty bad at first, but the songs started to become more better after listening to it a couple of times. I've never heard the Japanese versions but i heard it was way better then the english. I think that japanese lyrics have more meaning and rythme because it seems that the english lyrics seem sorta straightforward, while the Japanese lyrics seem more metaphorical. Can Anybody understand me? I sorta have trouble understanding myself.

Oh yeah My favorite song was "about me" I thought that was the best song in the album.

WHAAAAA!???? NO HAT?
Posted on: 2006/9/6 9:12
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Thank you everyone, and one of my favorite songs on there was "Kremlin Dusk" <3
Posted on: 2006/9/6 9:33
  •  XxSurr3alxX
      XxSurr3alxX
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Female/15/CA
"About you","Kremlin Dusk", and "Exodus 04" was my favorite.
Although I dislike the lyrics to "The Workout" it's a nice song to dance to.xD
Posted on: 2006/9/6 20:25
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I think this question always comes up because many fans didn't favor it. Although despite what some thought, I really enjoyed this album. I think it's more criticized because this is her first full English album. I loved it and I have a ton of favorite songs on it. I have to disagree on how some saw it was bad at first, because I never thought it was bad. I thought it was creative and different. So basically yeah I liked it. As Utada says in Kremlin Dusk,

Will you play it again?
If you like this....

Yes to that Hikki.
Posted on: 2006/9/14 13:24
  •  ~Yuki~
      ~Yuki~
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
EXODUS rocks!! Kremlin Dusk and Animato are the most played tracks on my player and i never could get enough of them~

she REALLY should do another english album~!
Posted on: 2006/9/15 1:20
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/M/Cali
the album was ok.. cuz it has sum club songs in it which i like..the opening was really great, it was actually awesome, because the lyrics to the opening, "crossover" it really does match wat shes trying to say, iono how to explain it but yea, yall know wat im tryin to say, cuz she dint wanna crossover to other genres, like the american pop songs, it WAS a different kind of style...but the album is kool
Posted on: 2006/9/15 9:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>