Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  I need advice... I'm doing a school project on Hikki!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
I need advice... I'm doing a school project on Hikki!
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
For my Minority Studies class, we're on Asian-Americans. I'm bending the rules a little to do Hikki (born in NY, after all), but the catch is that I have to talk about how she has influenced history in a positive way. Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated. (My secondary goal is to get my closedminded classmates to appreciate foreign musicians... ^_~) Thanks!
Posted on: 2007/3/6 16:24
Re: I need advice... I'm doing a school project on Hikki!
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20,girl, Glencove
you could talk about how in games her songs and various japanese artists are used and when you hear them it makes you wonder what there saying slightly expanding what americans know about other cultures and when you talk about her at school other people are like "yeah i now that song" and she really connects us to one another in that way allowing you to see that the people you thought were closeminded or "not with it" are actually quiet interesting. I hope this helps But im not sure if it will. Tell me if it does or not please
Posted on: 2007/3/6 17:45
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20,girl, Glencove
you could talk about how in games her songs and various japanese artists are used and when you hear them it makes you wonder what there saying slightly expanding what americans know about other cultures and when you talk about her at school other people are like "yeah i now that song" and she really connects us to one another in that way allowing you to see that the people you thought were closeminded or "not with it" are actually quiet interesting. I hope this helps But im not sure if it will. Tell me if it does or not please
Posted on: 2007/3/6 17:45
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
That's interesting. As Anoni17 said, make them aware of how she connects to fans from all around the world with her music even if most of it's in Japanese. She gives a positive influence with message the comes from the lyrics that she writes herself. And if you want them to appreciate foreign music, let them listen to some of Hikki's songs or any other Asian singers that have made a positive influence to other cultures as well.
Posted on: 2007/3/13 11:34
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Re: I need advice... Im doing a school project on Hikki!
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Lily took my words
Posted on: 2007/3/13 22:56
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
lolz
Posted on: 2007/3/14 0:51
  •  larxene-rinoa
      larxene-rinoa
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 12/F/Singapore
maybe u could throw in the english songs as well... show that race does not limit a singer's um... how to say... songs?
Posted on: 2007/3/17 7:38
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
i dun gt wad u mean
Posted on: 2007/3/17 8:08
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
theres no other way to say it lily its all true
Posted on: 2007/3/17 23:07
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
ya..
i guess..
Posted on: 2007/3/18 2:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>