What your friends think of Hikki

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
What your friends think of Hikki
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S.
Well, since I'm such a big fan, Hikki has become known to at least most of my friends.

Friend #1: Giant Kumi fan, but she likes most of what she hears from Hikaru, especially hikari and Can You Keep A Secret? Also, she got me into the J-pop thing.

Friend #2: Likes the Kingdom Hearts theme songs. I let him listen to the opening of Passion one day at lunch and he was all like, 'omg what's she saying?!?!' And I was like: '...It's in Japanese, how am I supposed to know?! (/lies)'

Friend #3: Likes some of the songs from Exodus. He especially likes Easy Breezy's ending. "She's got a new microphone, she doesn't need you anymore~" I let him listen to Sanctuary, Passion, and Tokyo NIGHTS, and he seems pretty open-minded since he lurved Sanctuary and said Tokyo NIGHTS seemed like something they'd play at a Japanese bar. I disagreed, but not verbally...

Friend #4: (Upon finding me Googling Hikki on a school computer) Is that your Japanese girl again?

Friend #5: (says Hikki's full name) I can't even pronounce that!!!

Random chick in band class: "A little birdy told me you like Japanese music..."
Me: (looks around) "...Which one?"

Turns out the random chick from band class is the best friend of the sister of Friend #1. So yes... it was inevitable that she would find out. She even offered to burn me some songs~ Too bad I have the Internet! But I did feel kind of rude for not taking her up on the offer... Oh well.

So... what do YOUR friends think of Hikki? Do they like her, hate her, think she's meh?
Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:06
Re: What your friends think of Hikki
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
well most of my friends dont care bout hikki but ive made sum of them appreciate hikki lol
Posted on: 2007/3/31 22:44
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
sumtime u hv 2 understand dat tere r ppl who really listen 2 jpop n they might understand how it goes....
so diff ppl like diff type of music dat gif diff views on it
Posted on: 2007/4/1 0:40
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
yup yup true vicky
Posted on: 2007/4/1 20:43
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
tq tq..
^^
Posted on: 2007/4/2 2:20
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
my friends are more concentrated on chinese songs, which are more on relastionships =_="

im pretty much of the hybrid kind of person, so im open to any languages
Posted on: 2007/4/4 1:16
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
same..
n they r insane of those
Posted on: 2007/4/4 5:34
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
I don't have too many friends that listen to Jpop. My boyfriend is starting to like Utada because of me. And I have two other friends that listen to Utada too, and they like her as well and into Jpop as well. But most of my friends don't listen, but they know of her because I listen to her. xP
Posted on: 2007/4/4 12:54
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
well..
diff ppl hv diff of likin music
Posted on: 2007/4/5 1:01
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/SoCal
Since my family is of Mexican descent,
they sort of look at me at first and ask if it's "Chinese."
So it's not that they hate Utada, but the fact that they just don't understand what she's saying and it sounds weird to them.
Totally understandable.

But about 1/3 of my friends listen to j-pop and most of that fraction have never even HEARD of Utada unless i mention Kingdom Hearts music somewhere in the topic
Posted on: 2007/4/5 20:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>