don't thank me

thank yvonna of utada-online

she translated it from japanese
Posted on: 2007/4/18 22:28
Re: Utada HIkaru MUSICA interview
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
Foreword
An interview regarding Utada Hikaru?s inner feelings has not been seen for a long time, but you could also say this is the first time in history (that an interview on Utada Hikaru?s inner feelings is done). Boku wa Kuma and Flavor of Life were songs that felt like they came from Hikaru?s own inner feelings. In her music, the most important themes are loneliness, children, love and stories of love. Perhaps people who pursue music treat it as a personal achievement, so music is a symbol of the source of strength (this part unclear). If so, then what does this symbol represent? Music represents something cruel yet delicate and na?ve. Utada Hikaru?s music has a very strong feel of this idea, and everyone loves her music because of it. So we can say that Utada Hikaru?s music is better than music itself, music that embraces the dreams of people?s hearts. However, what are actually Utada Hikaru?s actual inner feelings? How is music going to save, Utada who has saved many with her music. At the same time, other than having a lament that has always been present in her music, is she still strongly emitting the strength of life?
In this interview, Utada uses the style of talking to a friend to answer many questions. Also she speaks the truth in this interview, something that time has abandoned and only a child would do. Before this interview was done, Utada shocked the world with the announcement of her divorce with her husband. One week before the interview, Hikaru?s father, Utada Teruzane told us some things, and hoped that we would be able to talk about her divorce. Other than that, Hikaru has also shared with us some very little known facts about her and reveals her musical personality
Posted on: 2007/4/18 23:13
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L age:n/a sex: Female location: United States
I really didn't understand what you were saying until I read it again.. I think from my own personal opinion that her music represents her everyday problems.. I mean she is human she does have normal problems maybe love is something that brings her down or maybe she wants children and it upsets her that she doesn't have one or maybe she feels lonely because she is doing something or going somewhere like all the time... I'm not sure if thats right or not but thats my guess..
Posted on: 2007/4/19 18:15
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/WA
I think that also. Most artists relate their music to themselves and their lifestyle and to their fans and stuff also. Thats what I think Hikki does. Hikki...
Posted on: 2007/4/19 20:45
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
let's face it.

hikki is too emotional for her own good.

sooner or later drug issues might happen to her

let's hope for the best.
Posted on: 2007/4/20 0:21
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
im sorry for the confusion in the interview translation. gomen GOMEN! well, the translator who translated from japanese was using damn complicated chinese expressions.

ermm there's still a lot of the foreword left to translate, but i think ill cut that out and just do the actual interview for now.

translating in progress...
Posted on: 2007/4/20 4:16
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
you're doing the translation?

ooooooooooo
Posted on: 2007/4/20 6:59
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
let's face it.

hikki is too emotional for her own good.

sooner or later drug issues might happen to her

let's hope for the best.

I love our arguement,don't you? Now I was called an idiot and a crazy b------ for the whole parent/bs marriage post but was I wrong?Did they not recently divorce?But futhermore she is an artist in any since and majority of artist that have a place in history have drama throughout all their lives.And utada is a woman dammit of cousre she's emotional...wth was that about?I already think she might be a drunk though.I pray not.
Posted on: 2007/4/20 7:20
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
there's a thin line between the average emotional, and the extreme kind

hikaru's on the lower stages of the extreme kind.

i don't like people mocking me btw.
Posted on: 2007/4/20 13:26
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
if she is on lower extreme then im on SUPER low extreme.

anyway i got bored translating the foreword so im going directly into the interview

Musica: you give people the impression that ou live for music. what do you think of this?
Hikki: If this is the case, it also isn't too bad. i have many friends who are older than me. Many of them have children already.If there children meet with a musfortune, their parents would be very upset.they don't wish for their children to be too ordinary or a failure. they all hopre that their children would have an exciting and a good life, but i don't really want an exciting life. this is something i realised only recently. but i also don't know which direction i want to head in (life)
(translating still in progress)
Posted on: 2007/5/18 4:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>