General Discussion
  Becoming A Manga Artist

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Becoming A Manga Artist
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hey People... I am 15 years old.. And about to turn 16 this year.. Well... I was thinking of beoming a Manga Artist some time in my life.. But where do i start off at?... I need help Because I'm trying to move to Japan After I Finish College..

But, I Don't know which type of classes to take to become a good manga artist. If you guys have any idea of this.. let me know please... I'm currently taking Japanese class For 5 years.. 1 YEAR DOWN 4 TO GO >.>

What Does It Take To Become A Manga Artist In Japan?...
Posted on: 2007/4/27 18:50
  •  rikku.diane.thomas
      rikku.diane.thomas
Re: Becoming A Manga Artist
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 13/F/Youdon'tneedtoknow
I don't live in Japan but i'm an artist myself. I may be only 13 years old turning 14 soon enough, but I have a pretty good idea, First Draw until you find one picture you know is good then use the basics from that one. use pictures that are already made to learn if you want, and class wise, any class you can find that deals with art. maybe go to Art school in Japan and learn some of there basics when you move there. Sorry if i'm not a whole lot of help.
Posted on: 2007/4/30 5:06
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L age:n/a sex: Female location: United States
of course your not alot of help.. But she is a good artist.. I kind of live with her... ummmm I think you should take anime art classes because any kind of art class could be any kind of art.. Landscape, abstract or any other art.. LEAH, I know for you it may but the art world doesn't revolve around ANIME!!!lol :]
Posted on: 2007/4/30 11:18
  •  rikku.diane.thomas
      rikku.diane.thomas
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 13/F/Youdon'tneedtoknow
Shut up Kayla.
But really, i'm sorry if i'm no help.
Posted on: 2007/5/1 5:01
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L age:n/a sex: Female location: United States
I wasn't trying to be rude about it but you need to be more spacific when it comes to goofy stuff like drwing where there is tons of catagories. I'm just pointing out the obvious....
Posted on: 2007/5/20 6:31
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Hah, i have the same dream too. Im a pretty good manga artist and im planning to move to japan after i finish college too. Ive been also planning to start an online manga series as a starter for my career in it. Im not sure when to release it but i already finished some panels with the help of a program called Comic Life. This is a great start for a career to be a manga artist i believe so u can start off like the way im doing it.
Posted on: 2007/5/20 17:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic