1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amai
      Amai
Blogging
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you it was really nice getting to know a lot of you in these short... 2 weeks?... 2 weeks.
Just letting all you know that my parents recently went to a ceminar about blogging and are now paranoid about it. "Think about it:" they said to me, "any of these people online could be creepy old men that could hunt you down. We're just looking out for you."
I know none of you are creepy old men (or are you... ) but I'm still not allowed on UtadaNet (although I'll squeeze a few comments or two here and there). I'm sorry, but I respect my parent's word. (I know: what a sissy)
You can see me on YouTube as DaGoosinator and message me as much as you want, and I'll be on .:Hikki:.'s website, commenting... supporting... you know.
But while my parents and I are going through this blogging conflict, I thought I might open up a thread asking:
What do you think about blogging?
Is it safe?
How old should you be to blog?
What do you think about everyone else blogging?
etc.
I know this is hypocritical on a blogging site, but, you know, mine as well.
See you guys eventually!
Posted on: 2007/10/17 12:51
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: Blogging
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
I never thought of this as a blogging site, maybe it is. I see it more like an online utada convention. Bring your stuff to show others and lets talk about utada. Its more like utada club in school or college.

Well I'll be the first to tell you, I'm a creepy young dude, lol. I'm concentrated perversion, but only for famous asian women, lol. But as far as creepy old (or young) guys getting to you or attacking/assaulting you. Only cracker and the like can access your system just by being on, or logging on to somewhere (if they crack in, they can find your address and passwords, blah blah). Most of these old guys are not crackers. What they do is get to know people and meet them in rel life. they do not find out about you and show up at your door with their wrinkled bits exposed, lol. So if you get taken advantage of, its probably because you go to know him... Not because you talked about how you love hikki so much.

Blogging to me is safe, in my humble opinion. But just like anything you must know what and how to do things. I think its more important to not do things that attract unnecessary attention, don't blog about the pool and put pictures up about how you go so wet it took forever to dry off...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/10/17 16:32
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
I don't see how stalkers can get you if you don't give out private information. I mean...the least place that they would try to stalk people would be on blogsites. I mean...why? Now MySpace is a different story...
Posted on: 2007/10/17 16:50
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
why? lolz
Posted on: 2007/10/17 19:21
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
Normally, if a site that you're already logged onto asks for your password again (like if you want to watch a video someone posted and it asks you to sign on again), DON'T DO IT. That's just a trick to get into your site. Also, it's best to not use the same password for everything, because that's an easy way for a hacker to get all your information if they find out one of your passwords. I don't think there's a problem like that on UtadaNet, but just in case, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE. That's just common sense, though. But like I said, you shouldn't have too much of a problem here.
Posted on: 2007/10/17 19:37
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
if they're logged in to UN, then i'll activate flame mode

anyway, how old are you?
Posted on: 2007/10/18 8:23
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
haha. JJ, don't think of it like that. I'm a freshman in high school. I'm not that young. I tried battling it out with my parents, but they always say that people trick you into giving away personal info. Anywho, they're forgiving enough to let me talk every once and a while as long as I don't get obsessive, so, I'm still here for anyone, but not 24/7.

As for myself: blogging is an easy habit to get into, especially if you get a really close friend. MySpace, I understand, is a different story entirely. But I do believe this is a clubish sort of site where we all do talk about Hikki and nothing really more. My parents don't believe me . I'm not that young, folks. But, you know, my parents deal with me like a baby, and I want to respect them.

So, come on, lets hear some more reflections about blogging! Even Vlogging?
Posted on: 2007/10/18 12:13
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
Quote:

Amai wrote:
haha. JJ, don't think of it like that. I'm a freshman in high school. I'm not that young. I tried battling it out with my parents, but they always say that people trick you into giving away personal info. Anywho, they're forgiving enough to let me talk every once and a while as long as I don't get obsessive, so, I'm still here for anyone, but not 24/7.

As for myself: blogging is an easy habit to get into, especially if you get a really close friend. MySpace, I understand, is a different story entirely. But I do believe this is a clubish sort of site where we all do talk about Hikki and nothing really more. My parents don't believe me . I'm not that young, folks. But, you know, my parents deal with me like a baby, and I want to respect them.

So, come on, lets hear some more reflections about blogging! Even Vlogging?

Freshman? I'm a sophomore!

I agree that this is more of a club than anything else, but someone could still steal your password and...post...posts?
Posted on: 2007/10/18 21:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
It's common sense not to give too much, or any of ur personal info away.
And yea it's hard to let go of blogging wen u'v made a good friend.
But yea I like people here on Utadanet, they're funny
Posted on: 2007/10/18 23:25
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yea i thought that this was like a utada hikaru fan page with a big big forum thats all...didnt see it as a blogging site...anyways...i dont think blogging is all that dangerous...yea youre talking to people you dont know but the topic is usually on one topic...and in this case its hikki...if they wanna be those creepy men then tell them to go somewhere...we have better things to do like talk about how great and beautiful hikaru-san is than spilling personal information to people who're all so curious...just dont let em know thats all.
Posted on: 2007/10/19 5:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>