123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Kiynteyh wants advice
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
well actually i need ur help but i figure that would get ur attention more than HELP ME!!! and u probably dont wann help me after tricking ya'll like that huh? well anywayz here's my problem:
my parents wanna move all the way across the US to Colorado! no matter what i say they dont listen. i told my mom it wasnt fair to make me and my brother and sister leave all our lifelong friends behind but she just said lifes not fair. she wants to move to "further her nursing career" and someother reasons that i dont remember. i think that one big reason why she doesnt want to let me have a say so is cuz she thinks that im gonna ruin my life cuz im "soooo undyingly in love with my boyfriend and have this sense of loyalty to him and that im gonna give up all my hopes and dreams for him" as she said. i think she thinks that it would be better for me and my future to get me far away from him but what she fails to realize is that it would destroy me. she wouldnt just be taking him away but she would be forcing me away from all my other friends, too, even if they arent all that great they r still my friends. im thinking of having them all write out some reasons why they dont want me to move and why i shouldnt move and im gonna find a reason why Coloado would be a bad place to live and do tons of other research then give a big presentation to my parents.

idk if it'll work but i was wondering if any of u knew how i could talk them into staying i only have until the end of the school year so i have to act fast... help me guys plz
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Serious problem! Hikki needs our help!
guest_Unregistered
i feel for ya, i really do. though like your mother said, life isn't fair. "you" have to find a way to deal with it. at this point it is literally you against them.
did it ever occur to you to look at this as a blessing/test perhaps? if your love for each other survives the distance and the separation, then it will be a testament to your devotion for each other. if it doesn't then that should let you know that your feelings for each other "may" just be temporary. you may not feel that way now, but like they say, only time will tell.
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:35
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
ha for the past 4 or 5 years my mother has been a test of our love and yes i did think about it testing our love and i know that it'll survive but whats got me so bummed is that i rarely get to see him now and if i live half way across the country then i wont even have the slightest chance of seeing him at all

my mom banned me from calling him anymore just the other day and i couldnt talk to him on the phone unless he called me so we were planning on getting some high powered walkie talkies or something since he lives only a couple miles from my house and i dont have a cell phone, and we were gonna talk to eachother thru the night like that but we cant do that if i move
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:45
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
sometimes i just don't understand what is the matter with some parents sometimes. why they can't see that instead off helping their children, their actions/intents harm them. i would never put my daughter thru what your suffering right now. i've been there and it hurt like hell. i would never try to make her suffer the same.
i really don't know what to tell you to do. all i can say is to hang in there, pray and hope that somehow, someday, you'll find the happiness you deserve.
i gonna go now. i have to hug my little girl and let her know that she's more important than anything else.
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:52
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
i wish i had more understanding parents like u sorrow...
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:54
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Don't purposely mislead your fellow forumers or I'll step in.

Keep to the guidelines or suffer wintry wrath.
Posted on: 2007/10/20 21:58
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
sry lord snow...
but could u atleast change the subject name to HELP ME or atleast spell my name right plzzz

oh and got any advice?
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/10/20 22:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Social advice for kynteyh
guest_Unregistered
parents in their zeal to "protect' their children sometimes forget that a child can sometimes only truly learn the "hard way". they see their past actions and the harm it's done to them and others, but forget that those mistakes made them who they are today. it's a really hard line to walk as a parent. you don't want to see your children hurt or sad. you also have to recognize that they can only appreciate life by living it, not taking advice about what may or may not happen.
Posted on: 2007/10/20 22:02
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

Kiynteyh wrote:
sry lord snow...
but could u atleast change the subject name to HELP ME or atleast spell my name right plzzz

oh and got any advice?

Don't push my buttons kiddo -.-
Posted on: 2007/10/20 22:07
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
my mom says im wasting my childhood but the biggest thing that has to do with being a teenager is the whole dating scene and yet she wants me to leave my bf cuz she wants me to "date around and find the guy thats right for me" im gonna prove to her one day that i might have already found him if it kills me in the process...
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/10/20 22:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>