Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Utada and Shiina
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Okay I randomly stumbled upon one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. Its young hikki imatating shiina ringo, she actually does a very good job, but its too short. I really like both of the ladies, but anyways check out the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vM0zG5kXM&NR=1

I'm sure most of you know, but utada actually did a song with shiina, after this video I think (Utaite Myouri came out in 2002), it was called "I won't last a day without you", it was a carpenters cover (in fact Utaite Myouri was a cover album)

For those who haven't heard it, try downloading it here
http://savefile.com/files/674239

As far as the youtube video goes, its utada imatating then shiina singing the real song Tsumi to Batsu twice. The first time was probably when she first released the song. The second time is post jihan shiina singing the song to an orchestra.

Well anyways this goes to show even more of utada's amazing voice, shiina's voice is so different from hers...

Oh if this video is old news or something like that, I apologize, but I thought it was nice to see hikki sing like shiina.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/10/27 14:01
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Utada and Shiina
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
lolz

pretty awesome =D
Posted on: 2007/10/27 14:18
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I've always enjoyed Shiina Ringo's voice. No one can moan quite like she does. Pretty funny!
Posted on: 2007/10/27 14:31
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
OH MY GOD! Thank you so much!
I've had that song, "I won't last a day without you" on my computer for quite some time. And I was so confused, because listening to it I could tell that some parts were Utada, but I had no idea who the other person was. Thank you D:
Posted on: 2007/10/27 16:17
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
wow very cool video! hikaru-san is really a very good artist.

ms. ringo is also very cool especially her band. hehehehe! they're from out ta this world
Posted on: 2007/10/27 17:33
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:
OH MY GOD! Thank you so much!
I've had that song, "I won't last a day without you" on my computer for quite some time. And I was so confused, because listening to it I could tell that some parts were Utada, but I had no idea who the other person was. Thank you D:

lol, it happened to me the other way. I was listening to a shiina song singing along like 3 times. Until I noticed, damn shiina can really sound like utada at times, that girl is talented. Then suddenly WTF, this is a duet, well the other chick sounds like utada. Then I researched the song and hikki was in it. So it was the opposite for me.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/10/27 22:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic