JUDY AND MARY/Yuki

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
JUDY AND MARY/Yuki
guest_Unregistered
JUDY AND MARY (ジュディ アンド マリー) was a Japanese rock band under Sony Music Entertainment's Epic Records sub-label. The band made their indie debut in 1992 with their mini-album, "Be Ambitious" and made their major debut in 1993 with the single "POWER OF LOVE". The band is best known for their noisy but melodic pop and "cute punk" music in the 1990s. After multiple hiatus' the band finally disbanded in 2001. According to a 2005 episode of Music Station the band was listed as being the 44th best-selling artist in Japan with compiled sales of over 14,130,000. A more recent figure brings the bands sales to over 14,737,920 in Japan alone.

- quoted from the Wiki.theppn

The name JUDY AND MARY [JAM] can sum up the band's sound. Judy and Mary are like two opposite personalities. "Judy is a Punkrocker" [which represents their crazy songs] while Mary is a good girl that represents their softer songs.

Members:

* Isoya Yuki (磯谷有希) (Vocals)
* Onda Yoshihito (恩田快人) (Bass)
* Asanuma Takuya (浅沼拓也) (Guitar)
* Igarashi Kohta (五十嵐公太) (Drums)

--

Judy and Mary is a great band to listen to. Though, Yuki's voice is high-pitched and it's the kind you either love or hate. They boosted in popularity after their 'Sobakasu' song was used as Rurouni Kenshin's first opening.

Judy and Mary PVs:

Music Fighter
Power of Love
Hello! Orange Sunshine
Over Drive
Lucky Pool
Doki Doki
Daydream
Cheese Pizza
Blue Tears
Tegami wo kaku yo
LOVER SOUL
Motto
Classic
Chiisana Koro Kara
Brand New Wave Upperground
Kaerenai Futari

--
After JUDY AND MARY disbanded and joining supergroup NiNa, Yuki debuted as a solo artist in 2002.

* Name: YUKI
* Nicknames: Yukky, Yukiss
* Birthday: February 17, 1972
* Birthplace: Hakodate, Hokkaido Japan
* Height: 156 cm
* Weight: 46 kg
* Blood Type: A
* Spouse: YO-KING (Kuramochi Youichi)

YUKI is one of Japan's most recognized vocalists, known for her unique voice, popular fashion style and energetic live performances. Her musical style has constantly undergone change throughout her career. In the early 90s, with JUDY AND MARY, her music was upbeat pop-punk, but by the end of the decade JAM's sound had evolved into experimental rock. She continued in the rock stream, and her albums with NiNa and Mean Machine were pure rock. Her debut album, 2002's PRISMIC, featured a more alternative rock sound, and was followed by the bluesy Commune in 2003. In 2005, YUKI released her 3rd album, joy, which was a departure from rock, being very much a pop album. YUKI continued this trend with 2006's Wave, and her releases Biscuit, Hoshikuzu Sunset and Wonderline in 2007.

Like Chara, Shiina Ringo, and other female Japanese musicians, YUKI is often compared to Icelandic musician Bjork. Her voice is usually loved or hated, due to it's high-pitched, and almost childish, tone. Though primarily a singer and lyricist, YUKI can also play guitar, drums, tenor sax and piano (and pianica). She wrote, or co-wrote, nearly all of the lyrics for JUDY AND MARY and continues to write her own lyrics as a solo artist, with almost no exceptions. Her lyrics are often abstract and poetic, featuring themes such as youth, heartbreak, sex, hope and love. She has also fully composed several of her songs, including the single "66db" and several tracks on Prismic.

- quoted from the Wiki.theppn

YUKI PVs:

Biscuit
Sentimental Journey
Hummingbird
Yorokobi no Tane
Posted on: 2008/1/11 13:02
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: JUDY AND MARY/Yuki
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
OOH OOH OOH me me, I like yuki. Sexiest middle age woman (lol, j/k) I know. Looks mean in some heels plus has a banging voice. She is the major influence for my favorite band lead singer, thats how I found out about her. I heard lots of judy and mary and didn't even know it was them. Well I saw this one vid on youtube she was singing accapella on a dock or something, just singing lots of random songs, it wa the best. I love women who can sing in real life, not just on the album. Well My favorite pv from her, that I've seen so far is joy. I adore that pv so much!

well I am not a yuki junkie, so I would be interested in learning more about her, teach me oh mighty thread teach me!

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/1/11 13:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: JUDY AND MARY/Yuki
guest_Unregistered
Updated both PV lists. xD Though Yuki's needs to be finished. Enjoy!
Posted on: 2008/1/12 10:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic