Stay Gold Remix

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Stay Gold Remix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/M/Singapore
Hi everyone!

Just bought a Shure SM58 and a M-Audio Fasttrack USB soundcard for home recording purposes. I thought i'll give it a try and do something.
I did a lil rap on one of the Utada Hikaru's Stay Gold.

Please visit this link and feel free to give me critics! Tell me how can i improve on it! Thanks lots in advance! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTGOMFRGuzk
Posted on: 2008/4/10 20:53
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Stay Gold Remix
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
nice job man

A work ^^V

i like it =D
Posted on: 2008/4/10 22:53
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I wouldn't exactly call it a remix, but.....a cover? I guess it goes under the category of cover.
Posted on: 2008/4/10 22:58
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/M/Singapore
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
nice job man

A work ^^V

i like it =D

Thank you! =D
Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call it a remix, but.....a cover? I guess it goes under the category of cover.

ahh i see.. wads the difference between a cover and a remix? pardon my ignorance =P .. cuz i thought cover was lyk re-singing the song as it is.. so i got really mixed up whether to put cover or remix .. and i chose remix haha
Posted on: 2008/4/11 8:25
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Well thats just it. Im not too sure cause you are adding lyrics, however, a remix is the overall change in a song like the melody, addition of beats and such. I guess it should go under cover since it doesn't change the actual song.
Posted on: 2008/4/11 22:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

hefirius wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just bought a Shure SM58 and a M-Audio Fasttrack USB soundcard for home recording purposes. I thought i'll give it a try and do something.
I did a lil rap on one of the Utada Hikaru's Stay Gold.

Please visit this link and feel free to give me critics! Tell me how can i improve on it! Thanks lots in advance! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTGOMFRGuzk

Lol....its not bad....even though im not all to great with rap....=/ you just need more time...and keep practicing....my teacher told me if it sounds good to you it might not sound all to great with others. I still think you need more pratice.xD...you know it makes perfect lol....
Posted on: 2008/4/12 10:35
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/M/Singapore
Quote:

CHICKEN wrote:
Lol....its not bad....even though im not all to great with rap....=/ you just need more time...and keep practicing....my teacher told me if it sounds good to you it might not sound all to great with others. I still think you need more pratice.xD...you know it makes perfect lol....

thanks! and yea ima practice till i get good at it .. haha .. this time when i did it though, it sorta backfired.. i tried to sound gentle to fit the soothing tone of stay gold but i sounded sleepy at some parts .. lol!
Posted on: 2008/4/13 8:11
  •  Japan-Fan
      Japan-Fan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M
It's good.
Posted on: 2008/4/13 9:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

hefirius wrote:
Quote:

CHICKEN wrote:

thanks! and yea ima practice till i get good at it .. haha .. this time when i did it though, it sorta backfired.. i tried to sound gentle to fit the soothing tone of stay gold but i sounded sleepy at some parts .. lol!

Lol your welcome!xD but you didnt do a bad job....
Posted on: 2008/4/13 13:00
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
It's a nice touch, but adjust the volume. xD
Posted on: 2008/4/13 18:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic