123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Parents and Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I've been curious if anybody else's parents listen to Utada.

My Dad asked for the mp3 files of those orchestrated versions of her songs and he REALLY likes them.

I know a lot of people here might not live with their parents anymore, but i thought i'd just try and ask
Posted on: 2008/7/16 13:52
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Re: Parents and Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
ha.. my parents hate Hikaru and the fact that i listen to her music... im not even allowed to mention anything about her to them
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2008/7/16 15:58
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
^ Whot??? D: That's not very nice Kye........

My parents doesn't really care. In the beginning, they're always asking why I'm listening to Japanese songs even though I don't understand anything. I think the meanest thing they ever said was "What good will listening to that Japanese woman do you?" (Which I replied with a cold silence.)

But after I bought a couple Hikki CDs, they had to accept that their daughter is a Hikki addict.

Considering the fact that they're Chinese to the max, I think them and Hikki get along pretty well. XDXD
Posted on: 2008/7/16 17:55
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
That's nifty that your dad likes Utada Hikaru. My parents like Crosby, Stills and Nash. Ouuuurrrrr Houuuuse is a veryveryvery fine houuuuse.
Posted on: 2008/7/17 12:41
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
My parents never heard me listening to Utada but if they did they'd probably be like, what the hell? lol
Posted on: 2008/7/17 14:51
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
That's nifty that your dad likes Utada Hikaru. My parents like Crosby, Stills and Nash. Ouuuurrrrr Houuuuse is a veryveryvery fine houuuuse.

LOL! My dad has a few of those cds! CSN!

Our rack is EXTREMELY diverse: Pink Floyd, Santana, BEATLES (!), John mayer, jack johnson, Utada... some cds in bisaya, tagalog, and other stuff
Posted on: 2008/7/17 15:40
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
^ Whot??? D: That's not very nice Kye........

My parents doesn't really care. In the beginning, they're always asking why I'm listening to Japanese songs even though I don't understand anything. I think the meanest thing they ever said was "What good will listening to that Japanese woman do you?" (Which I replied with a cold silence.)

But after I bought a couple Hikki CDs, they had to accept that their daughter is a Hikki addict.

Considering the fact that they're Chinese to the max, I think them and Hikki get along pretty well. XDXD

my parents were the same way in the beginning only they wouldnt let me download any of Hikki's japanese songs becuz i couldnt understand it... the only reason they let me do so now is cuz i kept doin it the first time even after they told me not to ... they say they dont care now but by the way that act when i start talkin bout Hikki its obvious they hate it
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2008/7/17 16:55
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/Female/Tallahassee, FL
My parents don't really care. My mom thinks all Asian music is the same. But my dad said that Hikki has a very pretty voice.
Posted on: 2008/7/17 17:17
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
My dad came running over to my room when i was playin "Fly me to the moon 2007 mix", curious to know who was singing the legendary frank sinatra's song.
Posted on: 2008/7/17 23:58
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
My dad came running over to my room when i was playin "Fly me to the moon 2007 mix", curious to know who was singing the legendary frank sinatra's song.

And what happen did he mad or something
Posted on: 2008/7/18 0:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>