abercrombie & fitch

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
abercrombie & fitch
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
What are your opinions on this clothing store? I found it amusing how almost everybody at my school buys all their clothes from Abercrombie...I myself have never been inside the store even though I've seen [and smelled, and HEARD] it. But looking from their website, their stuff is really really expensive. I honestly don't understand...

For example, this shirt is $36. It's not anything that special in my opinion.

And $35 for a guy's shirt that just says "FITCH" on it:

Is it just me or does this seem pretty pricey!?!? How do all these people afford to buy hundreds of these shirts for such a high price when it's not even on sale?! A few other reasons I don't buy from there is mainly because I'm offended by how there was once a time when they made a commercial I think, making fun of this Asian girl...And how they used to make thongs for 10 year olds...and that they hire people mainly only by looks. And wearing it makes you kind of like everybody else at school, right ? Hollister is made by the same company as Abercrombie, except a little cheaper...but I don't shop there either. The most expensive store I go to would probably be American Eagle. Occasionally.

This is NO OFFENSE whatsoever to anybody who wears Abercrombie clothing. I tried not to be too harsh or to force people to believe in what I think. Opinions ?

Posted on: 2008/8/28 14:40
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: abercrombie & fitch
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I don't shop there. It's a rip. Just because your sweatpants cost 90 dollars and have a logo on them doesn't mean you're well dressed, anyway. I'd rather see a girl put some thought into her outfit than another hung-over sorority girl in designer sweats and a ponytail.

I kinda' like the Gap.
Posted on: 2008/8/28 18:36
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I dont know bout that, but in my opinion it was very expensive just for a t-shirt. The most expensive t-shirt that I ever bought only $5, n yeah why that thing so expensive was it diff fabric or something just don't understand why ppl buy that cloth.
Posted on: 2008/8/28 19:22
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
I dont know bout that, but in my opinion it was very expensive just for a t-shirt. The most expensive t-shirt that I ever bought only $5, n yeah why that thing so expensive was it diff fabric or something just don't understand why ppl buy that cloth.

im america..its all for the fashion...thats how people know if youre fun or boring as a person...all in first impression from the clothes you wear...if you wear these kinds...it shows that you get out often...you have all these "pretty" (as in they stare at themselves in the mirror all day) friends...and on top of that...sorry if this make you puke or makes you hate me..i dont care anyways...it shows youre rich...honestly come on...$36 for that? a gray tee with their name and ath dept on it? yea..youre really bragging about how you were brought up in life

i hate those companies...and i hate it when i see korean people wear those..thats american fashion..korean fashion just kills american fashion in half...no way does it even come close...id prefer those a little lower class clothing brands like old navy...or gap as stated...just as popular...and significantly cheaper as well...
Posted on: 2008/8/28 19:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I never shopped there, my mother would slap me silly if I ever bought a fifty dollar t-shirt. I have a relative, a bit older than me, who goes and buys clothes from popular brand stores like American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, etc. He switches styles whenever they're considered 'in'. Whatever his social group of 'popular' or 'rich' kids find appealing, he'll wear. Though, there are people who want to buy clothes from a certain brand because they really like the style and feel comfortable in. But from what I seen, it's usually because it's a 'trend' thing. People don't want to feel left out. Though, if you truly like it and it's a worthy thing to invest in, that's completely fine. But it kinda irks me to see people jumping onto the bandwagon and buying a pair of one hundred dollar jeans simply because there friends possess it as well or it's the new style.

Personally, I'm not into fashion overall. But I'll purchase clothes that I feel comfortable in, inexpensive, and somewhat appealing to me. The prices for those shirts that Tiffy shown is pretty ridiculous.
Posted on: 2008/8/28 19:56
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
I seriously can't stand A&F. I hate everything about it, the smell, the noise, the style(?), the price. I mean, come on, people are really just paying for the brand name.
If the fabric of the clothing was nicer I'd understand, but it feels like any other clothing in my opinion.
Like Taiyou said, I think people buy it because it's "in", not because of how it really looks.

Once in a while, I'd buy expensive clothing but they are worth the price. The fabric is nice and it lasts a long time. Plus, there's actually real designs and styles.

And Konni's right except that I think that Asian fashion in general pwns American fashion.
Posted on: 2008/8/29 14:36
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I don't know if rediculously overpriced clothing is an American thing per se. Clothing makes a statement about your wealth wherever you are.
Posted on: 2008/8/29 19:53
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Most expensive stuff not cloth or electronic stuff, Gundam Model Kit Master Grade bout $50. Well I think that worth it 4 me
Posted on: 2008/8/29 23:47
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i don't really buy those type of brand name i only buy south poles, ecko's thats it lolz =)
Posted on: 2008/8/30 4:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
i don't really buy those type of brand name i only buy south poles, ecko's thats it lolz =)

me too i don't like those brand... i only buy coogi, bape, rocawear (i also like south pole, ecko & fubu)...

Posted on: 2008/8/30 6:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>