12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Religion, how far is your piety?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I have been really thankful to the Almighty for the things I am privileged with: a healthy body (not necessarily my head), food, air conditioning, shelter, my comfy bed and a family.

My parents weren't very enthusiastic in my religious studies, because their parents weren't either. The incentive had to come from me. It really helped me during my depression years, asking the Almighty for guidance by surrendering myself to him, submitting. It's similar to the concept of the Force in Star Wars, minus the telekinesis. Quiet your mind and let the Force speak to you to guide you. I'm Muslim by the way and proud of it, but not of those who exploit the texts as a pretext for their jihad. I had moments when I doubted the teachings, which is good to an extent. It means you don't blindly accept everything you're taught.

If you ask what my proof is for His existence I'll ask you to explain what is holding this universe together, why do atoms attract each other, the force behind the flawless organization of cells in all forms of life. There must have been an initial spark that started it all. The Quran is an epic containing verses like poetry, it argues that no human can produce something similar to the Quran. I can't convince people that my religion is the right one, that's just arrogant, but at least think about your practices and whether your logic fits with your religion.

It's more rewarding to find your own religion rather than having one thrust upon you depending on what family you have. That way you'll find the right religion for you and get more out of life. So I ask: what is your manual for life and do you really stick to it?
Posted on: 2008/8/30 6:13
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: Religion, how far is your piety?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Asatru.

Just out of curiosity, do you have Muslim heritage of any sort? A lot of Asatruar leave Christianity because they feel it subverts their honor, then later find out their ancestors thought the same thing but had it forced upon them through various circumstances. I've very interested in the idea that you share spiritual similarities with your ancestors, making the same religion they practiced the right "fit".
Posted on: 2008/8/30 9:02
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I believe all religions are the same. I see a color red and a german looking at the same color see rot. so why when we add religion does it not work? i see God and call him Jesus and a muslim see him and calls him Allah. i don't understant why they are not the same.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 9:15
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Some religions are similar (often because they evolve from the same cultures, or from cultures that have influenced one another significantly), but you can't compare them all. How can you compare something like Bhuddism to Christianity? Shinto? Then you have religions like the ones the Aboriginals in Australia practice that are so unique it's difficult to even classify them. I understand what you're saying, but it's an oversimplification. Plus it belittles religious heritage.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 9:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
ya i did over simplify it because i was too lazy to write more. but another example of what im saying is hiduism has multipul Gods and demi Gods. were as my Religion has a trinity of father son and holy spirit then angels. So to me they have the same concepts but use different words, demi Gods insted of angels. I don't know too much about Bhuddism or Shinto so i can't realy compare them. i don't mean to belittle others religions
Posted on: 2008/8/30 10:27
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
well i i'm christion so i believe in angels, ghost, demons and god
Posted on: 2008/8/30 14:58
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:

I second that. But demons believe in God too LOL. Haha but I know what you mean. [:

Posted on: 2008/8/30 17:23
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
How far my piety 4 me, well more like if I'm pray everyday make me more have faith than the other..If I go to mosque, or ppl that go to Church, Temple or Vihara have more faith than the ppl that less go to that place have less faith too ... I cant judge them coz, If I do good thing am I a good person or if I do wrong am I a bad person , should I show u what I do just to know how far my piety...I cant show u how far my piety. I have "Devil Inside of Me" if I do wrong thing is that make me less faith in my GOD.I 'm just a simple human I made mistake, I do the best thing that I can do.
The conclusion 4 me how far my piety, between me an my GOD (ALLAH SWT)that know. If someone ask this to me again, my answer always the same.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 21:13
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I don't really care about religion. I'm not fond of the idea to devote my time worshiping and fulfilling certain obligations. [I hope this doesn't offend anyone. ^^; Sorry!] But I don't flat out deny that there is a 'God'. I don't really acknowledge it's existence.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 21:42
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:

I second that. But demons believe in God too LOL. Haha but I know what you mean. [:

i'm just sayin what i believe in but i'm christion the one i worship is god
Posted on: 2008/8/31 2:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>