Rap/Hip Hop-it aint that bad!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Rap/Hip Hop-it aint that bad!!
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/M/California,USA
First off i must say that even thought i listen to all genres of music..and i mean all lol-i must say i love hip hop the most..why?because ive always loved poetry and even though it doesnt usually involve singing and the instrumentals used are often sampled or not as intricate as jazz compsitions or classical even techno-i love the meanings and the intricacy or the lyrics..second of all i dont listen to the radio..thats rap..not hip hop and its terrible..to me,its spoken word poetry to a beat..which is how i kinda started making my own music..

if you aint know,my name is zach..i go by tactix as a musician cuz The Tactician is apparently hard for my peers in america to say spell and even know the meaning of..i believe i make quality music as far as lyrics go..some of my latest work has been more abrasive due to my mindstate during the time i wrote and recorded but i can assure you i make more postive contributions to music then that..if anyone would like to contact me im usually on myspace or gaia online at the following

myspace:www.myspace.com/ghettotacticn <-someone had the_Tactician X_X;
Gaiaonline:The Tactician

other then my own music and why i like hip hop feel free to talk about it with me and others..even ask for suggestions if you want to give the genre a try

laterz

btw-taiyous suugestions..taiyous suggestions=AWESOMENESS!!
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I enjoy hip-hop too, even though i'm not considered much of an avid listener. True, hip-hop isn't bad at all. Many just assume it's awful in general because of the commercialized music played on radios nowadays. I stumbled upon your myspace and heard a few songs. I really enjoyed them. ^^ But maybe there could be a bit more energy. And you like Nujabes too? xD I realized that you dubbed over his 'Reflection Eternal' piece.

But I have recommendations for those looking into more hip-hop. This is also an hip-hop thread in general, right?

Epik High Mostly Korean, some English. Possibly one of my favorite groups of all time. They released five albums so far. They're going to release an mini-album soon titled 'LOVESCREAM'.

Love Love Love [sub]ft. Yoongjin

Fan

Fly

Breakdown

Umbrella ft. Younha

Day of Peace

Paris ft. Jisun [formerly of Loveholic.]

One ft. Jisun

Nujabes:

Feather ft. (ft. Cise Starr & Akin from CYNE)

Reflection Eternal

Aruarian Dance

Mystline

World Without Words

Counting Stars

Luv (sic)/Luv (sic) pt. 2 ft. Shing02

Luv (sic) pt.3 Shing02

There are other artists similar to Nujabes, like Nomak, Fat Jon, Tsutchie, and FORCE OF NATURE. But you can easily find audio clips on youtube.
Posted on: 2008/9/9 18:50
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Rap/Hip Hop-it aint that bad!!
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.
That's multiply said.
Posted on: 2008/9/10 1:21
UtadaNet Regular
gah i hate myspace for that T^T,my account perfectlty works BUT THAT! XD

i just got the email my producer made it on,so search the email engine in the site and enter

king.california@hotmail.com
Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:03
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Why don't you put some of your work here, soo all of us can hear it and proof it, that Rap/Hip hop aint bad just like u said.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:00
UtadaNet Regular
i did its on that myspace,and i dont know any other ways to upload stuff besides my youtube which is just me messing around XD

give me a day and ill put up some Zshare links,yall use that too right?
Posted on: 2008/9/13 12:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I enjoy hip-hop too, even though i'm not considered much of an avid listener. True, hip-hop isn't bad at all. Many just assume it's awful in general because of the commercialized music played on radios nowadays. I stumbled upon your myspace and heard a few songs. I really enjoyed them. ^^ But maybe there could be a bit more energy. And you like Nujabes too? xD I realized that you dubbed over his 'Reflection Eternal' piece.

But I have recommendations for those looking into more hip-hop. This is also an hip-hop thread in general, right?

Epik High Mostly Korean, some English. Possibly one of my favorite groups of all time. They released five albums so far. They're going to release an mini-album soon titled 'LOVESCREAM'.

Love Love Love [sub]ft. Yoongjin

Fan

Fly

Breakdown

Umbrella ft. Younha

Day of Peace

Paris ft. Jisun [formerly of Loveholic.]

One ft. Jisun

Nujabes:

Feather ft. (ft. Cise Starr & Akin from CYNE)

Reflection Eternal

Aruarian Dance

Mystline

World Without Words

Counting Stars

Luv (sic)/Luv (sic) pt. 2 ft. Shing02

Luv (sic) pt.3 Shing02

There are other artists similar to Nujabes, like Nomak, Fat Jon, Tsutchie, and FORCE OF NATURE. But you can easily find audio clips on youtube.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 15:41
UtadaNet Regular
DUDE I LOVE NUJABES!!lol n yeah i need to work on my flow and delivery..those tracks are soooo old..like 2-1 years T^T and i improve quickly..sadly the latest stuff i have of myself is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Q5rM3hiUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wZe_0FzA4(me freestyling,so its not toooo amazing lol)

btw after i reply im copying your post and putting it in the top of mine as your reccomendations..that way this doesnt look like im ruthlessly advertising myself XD
Posted on: 2008/9/22 18:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Tactix wrote:
DUDE I LOVE NUJABES!!lol n yeah i need to work on my flow and delivery..those tracks are soooo old..like 2-1 years T^T and i improve quickly..sadly the latest stuff i have of myself is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wZe_0FzA4(me freestyling,so its not toooo amazing lol)

btw after i reply im copying your post and putting it in the top of mine as your recommendations..that way this doesnt look like im ruthlessly advertising myself XD

Another Nujabes listener~! =D I love his music too. He fuses hip-hop with mostly jazz samples. I like to think of mixing as a musical collage. xD Everytime I listen to Nujabes' songs, i'm at the state of peace and beautiful images start to bloom.

I have a lot favorites from Nujabes: But all his works are really amazing.

Letter from Yokosuka, Reflection Eternal, Counting Stars,Imaginary Folklore (ft. Clammbon, [I really love original version of Clammbon's 'Folklore' equally the same. But it's much more watered down than Nujabes' 'Imaginary Folklore'.] Feather, After Hanabi, Psychological Counterpoint, Aruarian Dance, Mystline, Kumomi, The Final View, Sea of Cloud, and many others. xD

My favorite Nujabes/Emcee collaboration is the entire Luv (sic) anthology. Especially Luv (sic) pt.3 because of Shing02's pen here. It's so beautiful, his lyrics display dreams, individuality, and life in general. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with advertising your music here. We have other members on this board who advertise their music as well. ^^ Just keep going and reach your destinations.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 19:40
UtadaNet Regular
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Tactix wrote:

btw after i reply im copying your post and putting it in the top of mine as your recommendations..that way this doesnt look like im ruthlessly advertising myself XD

Another Nujabes listener~! =D I love his music too. He fuses hip-hop with mostly jazz samples. I like to think of mixing as a musical collage. xD Everytime I listen to Nujabes' songs, i'm at the state of peace and beautiful images start to bloom.

I have a lot favorites from Nujabes: But all his works are really amazing.

Letter from Yokosuka, Reflection Eternal, Counting Stars,Imaginary Folklore (ft. Clammbon, [I really love original version of Clammbon's 'Folklore' equally the same. But it's much more watered down than Nujabes' 'Imaginary Folklore'.] Feather, After Hanabi, Psychological Counterpoint, Aruarian Dance, Mystline, Kumomi, The Final View, Sea of Cloud, and many others. xD

My favorite Nujabes/Emcee collaboration is the entire Luv (sic) anthology. Especially Luv (sic) pt.3 because of Shing02's pen here. It's so beautiful, his lyrics display dreams, individuality, and life in general. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with advertising your music here. We have other members on this board who advertise their music as well. ^^ Just keep going and reach your destinations.
^_^ i love feather and the whole love sic project too!people said i sound a bit like shing02 but i cant hear it..that and lupe fiasco n eminem..still cant hear it in my music..

anywho

i also lovem cuz like you said his musics like a collage of mulitple genres ^_^ i listen to hip hop jazz and techno with some old country classical n rock so nujabes is heaven sent to me XD lol..ive gotten into spoken word lately n im thinken of writing a poem over one of his intrumentals..just because they convey emotion well
Posted on: 2008/9/27 15:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You sound like Shing02 a bit, but Shing has a distinctive accent. I also listen to jazz, classical, etc. I'm pretty much open to a wide variety of genres. And Nujabes really does trigger emotion through his music. Epik High released their mini-album 'LOVESCREAM' yesterday. They never cease to amaze me, especially '1bun 1cho' [One Minute, One Second]

1bun 1cho PV
Posted on: 2008/10/1 13:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>