12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Te wo Tsunaide-Younha
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I know soulhunter already did a topic about younha, but that would be digging old posts. Anyway, I'm totally in love with Younha's voice and this song: Te wo Tsunaide It's used as the ending theme for Jyu Oh Sei.

Also like HOUki Boshi. That one was in Bleach I tihnk.

Anyone else like her? recommend other songs by her? She's from Korea and likes to play the piano. Her face is pretty cute, but I still think Hikki is cuter. Did you know she listened to Hikki's music, at least wikipedia says so.
Posted on: 2009/1/31 19:56
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Te wo Tsunaide-Younha
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
she speaks korean and japanese right??
Posted on: 2009/2/1 0:53
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
She's Korean actually, but debuted in Japan. Rejected by SM Entertainment in Korea but luckily accepted in Japan. She started playing the piano when she was four, and turning 21 this April 29. Btw, I saw a video on Baidu that she was talking about Hikki, that was 2005. But I lost the link, I'm currently searching for it again.

AND! Please look forward to her first Japanese movie, it will be aired this April 2009. entitled, "Next Sunday"

These are her songs that I love the most

Japanese:
Omoide ni Dekinai
Houki boshi
Orange no Hatsukoi
Te wo Tsunaide
Yubikiri
Ima ga Daisuki
Kaeri Michi
Yume no Tsuzuki
Homegirl
Scratch on the Heart
Ashita Tenki ni Nare
Motto Futari de
Kono Kokoro

Korean:
At First Sight (My favorite live performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUprcu3dGYg&feature=PlayList&p=7342F2E90FC82594&index=124)
Password 486
Telepathy
Gossip Boy
Bitsori/The Sound of Rain
Perfect Day for Love Confession
Love Condition
Comet (Korean Version of Houki Boshi)
Yagsok (Korean Version of Yubikiri)
Memory ft. Tablo of Epic High
Hero

Collaboration with Ajoo - Paparazzi

English
COVER: Because of You, He wasn't, That's what friends are for w/ F.T. Island, You are not alone, All I want for Christmas is you

and her very first english song from her 2nd Korean album "Someday": My song and...

She sings English songs fluently, I actually don't hear any accent when she sings English.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/1 4:03
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
wow you really like her eh? I she your new obsession?

you know she got rejected coz she wasn't pretty enough? but I disagree. she has the whole package.
Posted on: 2009/2/1 5:27
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Lol macky really love Younha, best of luck to her Japanese movie debut

Posted on: 2009/2/1 5:36
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
wow you really like her eh? I she your new obsession?

you know she got rejected coz she wasn't pretty enough? but I disagree. she has the whole package.

Yeah, you got that right Idle

And, unfortunately yes, she got rejected before because she wasn't pretty enough, that's what they've thought. But it's their loss. I've been obsessed with Younha after hearing Houki Boshi. lol.

I like her more on the PV of the Korean Version of Houki Boshi, Hyesung. But I love the original version of Houki Boshi of course.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 18:59
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I believe Younha also covered some Journey songs previously. I'm no expert, but I can recall her singing "Open Arms"...I think. Anyways, I have heard Younha quite a bit. Not really a fan, but I occasionally listen. Personally, I don't think she is all that special when it comes to her Japanese music. But she definitely has a great voice. I heard that Younha's second Korean album was awesome. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I have listened to "Memory" and enjoyed it. Though, I might be a bit biased because it features Tablo and sounds similar to Epik High's current musical direction. And there was 'Umbrella' from Epik High's fifth album, featuring Younha. One of my personal favorites from the album, her voice really complimented the song well.
Posted on: 2009/2/2 12:13
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
wow thx for the info maki

she's awesome =)
Posted on: 2009/2/2 13:14
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I believe Younha also covered some Journey songs previously. I'm no expert, but I can recall her singing "Open Arms"...I think. Anyways, I have heard Younha quite a bit. Not really a fan, but I occasionally listen. Personally, I don't think she is all that special when it comes to her Japanese music. But she definitely has a great voice. I heard that Younha's second Korean album was awesome. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I have listened to "Memory" and enjoyed it. Though, I might be a bit biased because it features Tablo and sounds similar to Epik High's current musical direction. And there was 'Umbrella' from Epik High's fifth album, featuring Younha. One of my personal favorites from the album, her voice really complimented the song well.

Yes, she also covered "Open Arms" and Alicia Key's "If I ain't got you".

I would agree with you, her Japanese music didn't hit me that much, it sounded kinda weird for me, and I listen more to her Korean songs rather than the Japanese. I suppose, when she's still starting in Japan, she didn't cope up that well with the people there, and unable to express her true self. I saw the big difference of her performance in Japan and in Korea, in Japan she always make a shy-type facial expression, while in Korea she's really grown up. That's why I like her more in her Korean career because she already gained self-confidence after the Japanese experience.

Posted on: 2009/2/2 19:14
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
whoa..she's korean??? didnt catch that...lol...had no idea...

is she the one who was featured in like all the epik high songs??? they mainly used her for majority of the songs they used a girl for but couldnt really recruit her to their group because of her solo stuff she does...

i may have heard her before...but im going to check her out again...for good measure...i know macky would recommend her for me right???

[edit]: yea i just heard her and she's good...really good...really love her voice...very strong tone...and you can tell she's korean...(i still didnt know...bash me for it, i know..i'll take it) i missed a great singer til now...just too bad that i didnt listen to her sooner...i stared at macky's avatars and her siggy's regarding younha...but~ i found out now...so its all good for me...
Posted on: 2009/2/4 16:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>