Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  ?This is the one? change in the U S release date (unofficial)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
?This is the one? change in the U S release date (unofficial)
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Posted on: 2009/3/2 19:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: ?This is the one? change in the U S release date (unofficial)
guest_Unregistered
Amazon U.S. has also changed the date. I guess pretty soon Hikki will post a message about it. I am really sad over this right now. I've been waiting for this album for so long and now I have to wait for like 2 more months. If it is postponed, I guess the reason is that they want to promote her more or release another single. Maybe a new album cover??
Posted on: 2009/3/2 19:31
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Japan may be the timing of introduction are changed

This Is The One [3/24] - CD

Utada | SKU: 9242465 | Release Date: 5/12/2009
Posted on: 2009/3/2 20:23
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
they better not!

i'm gonna get so mad!
Posted on: 2009/3/2 23:07
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I'm going to be pretty bummed if this is true....

But if it releases in japan on time then at least we'll get to download the tracks so we won't have to wait to listen. I'll still for sure get my copy once it comes out in NA. Probably several copies....=D I'm just too impatient and I want to hear the album ASAP!

ETA: Just thought of something...perhaps they heard all of the complaints about the current "official" album cover (the CBTM image) and decided that they want to do more shoots or graphic/branding work for her image and so that would definitely take more time as well. Plus hopefully they've got tons of promotion like magazine, tv, and the works lined up so they want those to build up anticipation for the release.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 2:28
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
omg noooooooo i cant believe this! why??? i was looking forward 2 this so much. awww man this just killed my day.

i understand that she'll get more promotion while we wait and make her more popular with the American music scene..... but i don't wanna wait this long. since we are already her fans we shuld get it asap! (wishful thinking, i know) alas looks like i'll have 2 download the japanese release while we wait......
Posted on: 2009/3/3 7:58
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Well, crap. :(
I hope she posts an explanation for the push back. I don't think another photo shoot and a new album cover would take up two whole months. My guess is that more promotion work is going out. I mean, my hometown radio stations haven't even played CBTM yet...*shrugs* That's my two cents. :P
Posted on: 2009/3/3 9:23
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm not surprised. Hikki has been saying that she didn't think they would have the album out when they intended to, and in all her interviews she kept saying it's "slated for" or "supposed to be seeing" (or other vague variations) a release in March- and it will, it'll just be in Japan. xD
But I'm really hoping that they will get a new CD cover. Actually, I love that picture, but they could at least take the four minutes it would to change the text. Make it blend with the picture better. Right now it's so...blegh. For current Utada fans, it's not a huge problem, but for people who don't know about her...it's going to be a huge turn-off. :/
Also, this gives more time for promotion. So I'm not that disappointed over the push back. If it means Utada's going to do better or if there's any chance she'll be more successful because of it, then the delay is perfectly alright for me. I can wait until April, I'm not going anywhere. ^^

Chu~
Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/3/3 9:39
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

CherrySoda wrote:
Well, crap. :(
I hope she posts an explanation for the push back. I don't think another photo shoot and a new album cover would take up two whole months. My guess is that more promotion work is going out. I mean, my hometown radio stations haven't even played CBTM yet...*shrugs* That's my two cents. :P

actually I could definitely see photoshoot and cover design taking two months. Photoshoots don't just "happen" like you grabbing a friend and a camera (haha those may be the shoots that I do but that's because I don't have the resources to a studio). You have to book the photographer, the studio, make sure all the make up artists/stylists and technicians are there. Make sure you can fit it into Utada's schedule. Then you have to make sure the designer can complete it in time, along with revision time where all the head people & utada make changes and such. Then that goes back to designer to do more work, then after it's been finalized you have to send it to printers and get it in production. Two months sounds like the safe amount of time to get things done without straining too much. I definitely don't see all that being accomplished in 2/3 weeks (starting from when we saw the date get pushed back) That would be a lot of pressure on everyone.

Perhaps EMI got in the way since they were also pushing her to complete and promote the new Japanese single.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 11:04
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Ugh! Are you serious?

Oh well if the delay makes her more well known, get her more promotion, publicity, or whatever then I'm all for it and maybe another single will be released.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 14:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>