123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hello_Ari
      Hello_Ari
Hopes for the next Japanese single
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I've been wondering what it's going to be like ever since she's posted on her blog she was working on it. And now that I've heard her new english album (yes I cheated), I'm curious hows this going to sound. Will it have ifluences from her english album? Or will be something completely different?

Oh well. My wish for it is that kinda like a Flavor of Life / Prisoner of Love mixture with a hint of Take 5. But that's just me... what about you?
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:36
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Re: Hopes for the next Japanese single
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
She should explore this newfound liberation and femininity in her lyrics. They're what made This Is The One extremely enjoyable. Then again, it's a different market; and I haven't listened to enough Jpop to know if the audience is fine with songs about boyfriends and smoking.

As for the music itself, I've got no preference.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:51
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I took me a long time to even think Prisoner of Love was worth all it's fandom.And as much as I love Take 5....she doesn't need or have to recycle.I'm sure she can deal us another mind blowing arrangement.But even so,if she want some partnership...I want her to work with whoever produced Namie Amuro's "Dr.".That single came out hell of a lot better than I had expected.And I already thought it was gonna be good from the CM it was sampled in.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 22:01
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
She should explore this newfound liberation and femininity in her lyrics. They're what made This Is The One extremely enjoyable. Then again, it's a different market; and I haven't listened to enough Jpop to know if the audience is fine with songs about boyfriends and smoking.

It's odd because Utada said this about Exodus.But I feel like this market is more restricting...That's practically ALL you hear talked about is relationship,drugs,sex,party and what it's like to be not apart of the in crowd.I feel that is the just of A LOT of American music.But shockingly...Exodus was a MUCH better album than This is the One.I think in fact that This is the One could simply be overproduced.Come back to me would be a really good song if they didn't have that tempo checking clapping and nonsense -_-.The piano arrangement that THAT is playing over is actually good!And naturally her voice falls in place.Because it becomes the key element of the song.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 22:12
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
she should go back to her old style like DEEP RIVER OR FIRST LOVE!!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:58
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Yeah, I did like the DEEP RIVER days maybe a touch of ULTRA BLUE, too? Whatever it is, Im sure It'll be good.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 3:13
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:

It's odd because Utada said this about Exodus.But I feel like this market is more restricting...That's practically ALL you hear talked about is relationship,drugs,sex,party and what it's like to be not apart of the in crowd.I feel that is the just of A LOT of American music.But shockingly...Exodus was a MUCH better album than This is the One.I think in fact that This is the One could simply be overproduced.Come back to me would be a really good song if they didn't have that tempo checking clapping and nonsense -_-.The piano arrangement that THAT is playing over is actually good!And naturally her voice falls in place.Because it becomes the key element of the song.

Well you obviously have a different hearing than mine; I consider both EXODUS and This Is The One to be high-quality albums, but certainly in leagues of their own.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 7:49
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:

Well you obviously have a different hearing than mine; I consider both EXODUS and This Is The One to be high-quality albums, but certainly in leagues of their own.

I agree. the English albums were considered to appeal to western audience who are used to listening to songs mentioning boyfriends, drugs etc...

I really love the quirkiness of Hikki's Japanese stuff, the music is different and awesome and the lyrics are always so cute and kinda bubbly.
I loved the style of Ultra Blue and I hope the next single will reflect the style that she had in the UB era...
Posted on: 2009/3/17 10:52
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
I hope it's fun and upbeat! :D
I wouldn't be surprised if she totally blows us away with a whole new sound to her music. :)
Posted on: 2009/3/17 11:12
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:

If I can get my hands on a good audio editor.I'll make a re-arrangement mix of the entire album.I'll just drop the count checking and clapping and you'll hear what I'm talking about.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 11:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>