Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Remixed & Karaoke Bar
  Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  blu-tada
      blu-tada
Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix!
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Well it's technically not a "remix" remix, but basically it's FYI with better violin synths and some subtle changes.
I guarantee it'll be worth your time, so please don't overlook this.
Enjoy!

--------------------------------------
Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/209781104/Merry_Christmas_Mr._Lawrence_-FYI_with_Orchestra.mp3
--------------------------------------

Technical Stuff + Notes:
Since I can't just extract Utada's voice, I had to use the whole song, and so I added on top of the song. FYI was really compressed by Stargate, so there were some parts of the song where I could not add very much or it would crackle really badly. I made sure that there was little/no quality loss in the edit, and I was careful to make the new stuff blend in seamlessly with the old stuff.
The main changes are in the violin synth, since I thought it sounded very robotic and it didn't do justice to Utada's singing. It made the song feel jagged and I tried to smooth out the scratchy violin parts. A lot of the changes are subtle, so it'll be hard to notice unless you compare with the original.
A lot of the major changes are in the middle section, where I added flute, strings, etc. to enhance the melody. This part will be noticeably different, and I hope you all enjoy it
Posted on: 2009/3/16 0:56
Re: Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix!
Administrator
A/S/L
GOOD JOB
It gives the song even more depth

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/3/16 2:14
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
It was... alright. The random bells and flute add-ins weren't really necessary cuz the song itself is beautiful on its own. I did really like the emphasis on hikki's voice as well as the violin in the beginning though. Nice job there.

Personally i feel that it's too early for FYI remixes. I find the best time for them is maybe 2 weeks or more after the song is released because the remix kinda brings back the awesomeness of the song. Renews it sorta thing.. All assuming that the remix hits the right spot on the awesome scale..
Posted on: 2009/3/16 2:43
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
WOW i seem to really like this remix alot, it really did give it more depth. But i think the church bell thingy shouldn't be there, its not really a bad thing its just i think it sounds better with out it <3333 But all in all i really like it
Posted on: 2009/3/16 11:51
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
can some body dl it too mediafire or megaupload or something cuz i don't know how to use that one
Posted on: 2009/3/17 1:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic