Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
U.S. tracklist?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Not sure if i can put this in my own topic but..

Hey i was on Ublog and they mentioned a change in the American tracklist for TITO. See for yourself:

http://www.amazon.com/This-One-Utada/dp/B001SMC8Z4?tag=islancom-20

I don't like how it's arranged. I feel that Me muero should still be at the end. What are you guys' thoughts?
Posted on: 2009/3/16 16:29
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: U.S. tracklist?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Weird... I dont really see a need to change the order, I think it was fine the way it was.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 16:40
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Hmmm I just made a new playlist with that ordering and it's not too bad. CBTM is going to be the song that everyone will recognize so it makes sense to put it at the front. Usually her opening single is at the front...and Me Muero coming right afterwards felt perfectly natural...I think you notice it more there too...when I listened to it originally I never thought much of it but now that it's the second one it just sort of stands out more.

I think On and On might have been moved to the end because it's so repetitive and catchy that people wouldn't mind putting the album on repeat? haha who knows~ Me Muero sounds almost too definite as a closing that after it's over you just move away from the album.

Anyways, the tracklisting is still the original one on Utada.com...now that the site is up I think they'll be the most official word on this along with IDJ site.

ETA: On and On can also seem too repetitive that people will stop listening to the album altogether. Though CBTM can seem too generic that people will stop listening, coupled with MM right afterwards, it already shows her wide versatility with less shallow lyrics as well.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:44
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
wuts with the new tracklist? its kinda dumb lol i think On and On was a great way to start off the album. I guess they wanted CBTM first cuz people are already exposed to it and wanna start the album off with something americans will (hopefully) recognize. personally however i think CBTM should have stayed in the middle of the album. That way it would have encouraged people to listen to her other songs b4 jumping to the one song that they noe, it wuld give them more exposure to hikki. but oh wells... at least the people will be buying the album, so they'll hear the other songs eventually
Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:45
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
Hmmm I just made a new playlist with that ordering and it's not too bad. CBTM is going to be the song that everyone will recognize so it makes sense to put it at the front. Usually her opening single is at the front...and Me Muero coming right afterwards felt perfectly natural...I think you notice it more there too...when I listened to it originally I never thought much of it but now that it's the second one it just sort of stands out more.

I think On and On might have been moved to the end because it's so repetitive and catchy that people wouldn't mind putting the album on repeat? haha who knows~ Me Muero sounds almost too definite as a closing that after it's over you just move away from the album.

Anyways, the tracklisting is still the original one on Utada.com...now that the site is up I think they'll be the most official word on this along with IDJ site.

ETA: On and On can also seem too repetitive that people will stop listening to the album altogether. Though CBTM can seem too generic that people will stop listening, coupled with MM right afterwards, it already shows her wide versatility with less shallow lyrics as well.

Hmm that's a good point made there. I often put Utada's cds on repeat when i'm cleaning my room/bathroom since my stereo is in my room. I guess if Me muero was still at the end, it would feel like a replay of a movie. Making the cd go on an on ( ) would do great for somebody like me. I have to like the songs though...
Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:52
  •  blitzfish
      blitzfish
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 18 Male Hartford, WI
I think this is great move!!! On and On is a great radio player. It really is catchy and is (personally) a much better closer than Me Muero. OAO leaves people wanting more and then they play it over again and again!!! I have already listened to all of them over and over again. I have also found myself choosing my favorites and skipping past some of the others. Me Muero has great lyrics, but this is America we are talking about lol
Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:54
  •  m2mfan
      m2mfan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
it would make sense. alot of japanese artists' CD always put their single last and all the new songs on the album first but on american artists' CD it's usually the other way around.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 19:19
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
$8.99 only??? It's so cheap...
Posted on: 2009/3/16 21:29
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
wtf!! mmm u guys think too much.. it is just a tracklist... music is the important part... it just wont change.

But it coul be cool and extra bonus track or new song for the U.S. cd!
Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:17
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Not sure if i can put this in my own topic but..

Hey i was on Ublog and they mentioned a change in the American tracklist for TITO. See for yourself:

http://www.amazon.com/This-One-Utada/dp/B001SMC8Z4?tag=islancom-20

I don't like how it's arranged. I feel that Me muero should still be at the end. What are you guys' thoughts?

it dosen't really matter if the track postion switched, as long the tracks is the same then is all gud
Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic