12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ssigman
      ssigman
Tatu
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Does anyone here like tatu? I've followed them ever since they came out. Even if they are sort of fake, I can't stop listening. Thankfully with each album they just get better!
Posted on: 2009/3/18 8:56
Re: Tatu
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Hmmm,we used to have an old topic for this, I wonder where it went.
I loved t.A.T.u., but now they kind of suck, and are slowly falling throught the cracks.
Their management is AWEFUL! They had ZERO promotion in Russia for their newest russian album "Veselye Ulybki", and due to this it hurt their sales.
They hardly have ANY contact with their fanbase, which is now dwindling.
And they say they are expecting to release a NEW english album, for an International release, but I somehow doubt it. They arent even signed with A Major Record Label anymore. Their team is just VERY unprofessional. And its sad, because the quality of their music is excellent.....
Its sad..... :(
I hope they release the new album though.... And Movie...
Posted on: 2009/3/18 9:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
There WAS a topic somewhere.. But yeah, they were awesome! My sister liked them too... I heard their original Russian stuff first, before it was translated into English and promoted here in the U.S. - it was funny, my big sister lOVED them lolz. I haven't heard any of their new stuff though....
Posted on: 2009/3/18 19:08
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
i loved their first album... omg, their first album was gold, there second not so much and i know they recently came out with a new album but 0.o i didn't even know about. no promotion no anything. so sad.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 19:45
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i think theres an old thread on this
Posted on: 2009/3/18 21:53
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
yeah I like their music style, but i don't know or i even didn't hear they was released a new album , their promotion not as big as their first album.

And yes there old thread bout TaTu fans here
Posted on: 2009/3/20 1:15
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'm sorry to bring you guys bad news, but....

They are splitting up, yet both of them are going solo

Quote:
The story so far, folks...

After the series of our (censored)ed-up announcing of a number of tatuish "product" releases (clips, album) followed by delays, we have learned the lesson.
As you most probably have noticed, for some time past we don't do official statements/proclaims which would have been demolished by life, we tend to give less information but that of higher quality.
And lately we didn't give out any information at all.
Why?
For the reason there wasn't information suitable for publication.
And now, when foul gossips are emerging here and there, I'll tell you everything I definitely can.

I don't know where the yellow press got their news about "Yulia leaves t.A.T.u." from, but this time those news are not totally groundless.
Yulia does not leave t.A.T.u. but something did really happen.

And that's what it was:
Last December a "staff meeting" attended by Yulia, Lena and Boris took place. Parties had unanimously decided to cease the "operation of t.A.T.u. in full-time mode".
This decision was not spontaneous, it was long-grown.
For the sake of ethics I will not mention the reasons behind it, I'll just say that these have nothing to do neither with creative nor with economic aspects.

What is going to happen to t.A.T.u.?
First, we will close all our "open items", i.e. we'll release the third video as it was promised, at the end of March - beginning of April, girls will do their part in promo campaign for "You and I" movie, which is being late on schedule due to circumstances beyond our command, but which is to be released surely.
We'll also release a special long-play edition of "HS", with runtime more than an hour, for selling at t.A.T.u.-Shop only.
Especially for Amazon.com we are preparing another edition of "HS" cased in standard jewel-box. This edition will have slightly different artwork and a couple of bonus remixes.

Furthermore, the English version of Beliy Plaschik video is to be launched, and may be released on DVD.
Works on the full-scale international album "HS" and talks with record-labels were stopped at the end of 2008, but English versions of the majority of Russian songs are produced, and we will do our best to provide you with these, in one form or another.
Works on the show were suspended last June, and are not being planned.
No public concerts are being planned, except some special events like Bacardi.

Production of the new t.A.T.u.'s "goods" - videos, records - is still quite possible in the near future, but no promises can be made about schedule right now.

All t.A.T.u.'s Internet resources are going to stay operational in accordance with your interest and our effort.

What is going to happen to Yulia?
Yulia will deal with her life and career absolutely independently. At least without the t.A.T.u.'s management.
She traveled to Los Angeles without Lena, who stayed in Moscow those days.
On the 4-th of March Yulia, Boris and Sven met in LA studio to record English vocals for "220" ("Sparks").
Concerning all other Yulia's businesses in LA, I have not more idea than you do.
Yulia is quite free to share the details of evolutions of her solo career via t.A.T.u.'s information services, if she comes to such a wish.
We are positively not going to comment on all other bullshit or not bullshit which will come from external media.

What is going to happen to Lena?
Lena is starting her solo project with t.A.T.u.'s crew.
Yes, your arch-friend management in full team will now work not just for t.A.T.u. but for Lena also.

In the 20-s of April Lena, Renski, Sven, Troy, Steve and Domen are to meet in Los Angeles for pre-production.
Maybe they'll manage to record a clean copy of something.
Pre-production, for those who wasn't aware, means initial preparative procedures before recording. In our case, it's making demos, the base for future final things.
The project has already got its working name and Internet domain, but I will not give out this working name before it becomes official.
The site of the project is to be opened late in summer 2009.
What can I tell about the new project's music, for now: it will not be t.A.T.u., but a touch of tatuish spirit will certainly be still intact.
Sound will be live, main language - English (already foretasting a burst of criticism from Misterio for our abandoning the Russian language).
The first single/video is to be released in the second half of 2009 (it's impossible to tell more precisely).
Album - at the end of 2009 - beginning of 2010.

And this is it, for now.

Yours Insider.

http://blog.tatu.ru/Insider/2009/03/21/1237628400000.html
Posted on: 2009/3/27 6:05
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
So no more t.A.T.u, i guess it can't be helped. It was their choice to pick solo career. God Speed for them u will be missed
Posted on: 2009/3/28 5:08
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
problem error sry double post
Posted on: 2009/3/28 5:10
  •  STrying
      STrying
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20, F, Columbus OH
That didn't say that tatu is OVER, it just says they are planning solo projects, which people do and are still in groups all the time. It was just clearing up whoever reported that yulia was leaving tatu. I think they are just having a hard time of it right now.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 6:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>