Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  MTV.com : Is America Ready For Utada, The 'Japanese Britney Spears'?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
MTV.com : Is America Ready For Utada, The 'Japanese Britney Spears'?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
MTV.com made an article about Utada new Album This is the One
Some words from the article

Utada isn't your typical American pop star ? she's actually a Japanese pop sensation that has been labeled the "Asian Britney Spears" since her 1999 debut LP, First Love, became Japan's biggest-selling album ever. She's conquered the international market and sold over 52 million records. Now, Utada's hoping to add her name to the elusive list of divas that dominate America.

Check it out

MTV .com : Utada

note: Its weird if Utada compared to Britney. since they got different style
Posted on: 2009/4/1 2:36
Re: MTV.com : Is America Ready For Utada, The 'Japanese Britney Spears'?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
oh what do you know...another hikaru - britney comparison...it never gets old men...=P

ok so they want to compare her to britney, let's point out a few things...just for fun...

1. hikki doesn't walks to a public restroom barefooted...britney does...
2. well this is obvious...hikki keeps her clothes on, britney? well...
3. hikki doesn't like to be super famous...she's really surprised if an article on a tabloid talks about her...britney wants the spotlight...
4. britney sings good...hikki? you judge...
5. hikki writes all her materials...i dunno about britney...
6. hikki doesn't do lipsyncs...she doesn't care if her larynx becomes damaged as long as she gives her fans her 101%, as for britney, i dunno if the rumors are true that she lipsyncs during concerts...

there..don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against ms. spears, i just find it very irrational for both artists to be compared since they both have different styles...=P
Posted on: 2009/4/1 5:05
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 / F / Philadelphia, PA
I have no problem with them being compared...as long it's clear on how they're similar (ie, instant fame). This one wasn't. Not the greatest article on Utada out there, but whatever. Promo is promo.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 6:06
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/NYC
to me Utada Hikaru and Britney Spears are 2 total opposites, these comparison to one another gets me angry but then if using Britney's name for fame purposes only to get Utada Hikaru's name around the States, then i can tolerate that, but if they want to compare life styles, then i will have to disagree on that. We all know how much the 2 are different and we sure damn well know UH doesnt go crazy like Britney does LMAO!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/1 10:15
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Last I checked, Hikki never shaved her hair...lol

I wish i could slap whoever made that comparison to Britney...
Then again the comparison was made about how fast her success was, In the same way Britneys debut 'Baby one more time' album just blew up in the US all those years ago, so did 'First Love' in Japan... and THAT IS WHERE THE COMPARISON ENDS... FULL STOP!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/1 11:13
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
I can see how they are comparable in their fame (not exactly famous for the same stuff though...). I don't care for it all...but, like Sonja said "Promo is promo."
Posted on: 2009/4/1 11:46
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Quote:

AngelHikari wrote:
Then again the comparison was made about how fast her success was, In the same way Britneys debut 'Baby one more time' album just blew up in the US all those years ago, so did 'First Love' in Japan... and THAT IS WHERE THE COMPARISON ENDS... FULL STOP!!!

LOL
For serious! XD
Posted on: 2009/4/1 11:48
  •  jrockn
      jrockn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/F/happiest place on earth, angriest city in America
It seems American media labels every female celebrity in a country the Britney Spears of "..."
I don't like BS, sorry & to compare GOOD singers to her is kind of offensive. I get that for the most part they're comparing their popularity but..I can't separate from the talent.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 14:20
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Quote:

wholesome247 wrote:
oh what do you know...another hikaru - britney comparison...it never gets old men...=P

ok so they want to compare her to britney, let's point out a few things...just for fun...

1. hikki doesn't walks to a public restroom barefooted...britney does...
2. well this is obvious...hikki keeps her clothes on, britney? well...
3. hikki doesn't like to be super famous...she's really surprised if an article on a tabloid talks about her...britney wants the spotlight...
4. britney sings good...hikki? you judge...
5. hikki writes all her materials...i dunno about britney...
6. hikki doesn't do lipsyncs...she doesn't care if her larynx becomes damaged as long as she gives her fans her 101%, as for britney, i dunno if the rumors are true that she lipsyncs during concerts...

there..don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against ms. spears, i just find it very irrational for both artists to be compared since they both have different styles...=P

I like the fourth one the most..

well I guess (hope) they mean as how popular they both are. because it's pretty obvious that their music isn't the same/not even close.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 14:27
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
I guess this is good promotion for her.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 15:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>