Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Simple And Clean and Sanctuary as U.S bonus track for TITO?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Simple And Clean and Sanctuary as U.S bonus track for TITO?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I've seen the Early Show Saturday Edition, and Utada said that she's gonna try to but the Kingdom Hearts themes (Simple And Clean and Sanctuary) as U.S bonus tracks in This Is The One, but she has to go through legal rights with Disney and Square Soft. does anyone know that they approved it yet. or if she's gonna put them on the album or not?
Posted on: 2009/3/29 16:31
  •  simplenclean88
      simplenclean88
Re: Simple And Clean and Sanctuary as U.S bonus track for TITO?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/Male/NY
We should find out about this when the tracklist for the physical release is revealed in April :)

but you heard Utada say that it should go well so if we don't get bonus tracks from her KH days then we'll get something else as a bonus.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 17:09
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
it's probably rights from EMI that they need to get since that's the label that she recorded the tracks for (like how Simple & Clean is on the Colors single released by then Toshiba-EMI)

I wonder if that would increase the price of the physical CD since those two tracks would have to split royalty even more between the two labels...depending on what deal they can make with them~

Perhaps I should pre-order it so I get the Amazon price guarantee...hehe
Posted on: 2009/3/29 20:12
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
I very much hope this is the case...It would make me verrrrrry happy! Especially to finally have Sanctuary!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/29 20:16
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Whoa wut? I watched the saturday edition but i didn't catch where she talked about this. Can someone point out where this was mentioned on the show? During the second hour??
Posted on: 2009/3/29 20:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
She officially said that , i like Simple and Clean lyrics but Sanctuary not really. I guess its okay
Posted on: 2009/3/29 20:31
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Just wondering with this news, wouldn't it drop the sales for the digital album? anyone?
Posted on: 2009/3/29 20:35
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Yeah, on the live chat online after the Early Show (for those of you wondering) she said they were trying to get the rights to those two songs to put on the English album. Since that was only a couple of days ago, I doubt it happened so soon, and I'm sure we'll officially hear about it once they are (or aren't, haha).
And i don't mind if the CD has to go up a little bit, cause i feel like it was so low as it is xD (which is good, but why i dont mind if it goes up a couple of dollars... )
Posted on: 2009/3/29 21:01
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i saw the live cbs chat =D she looks freakin to sexy!

and about the bonus track, i don't there gonna sue her for puttin in the album cuz after all that is her songs that she write and sang!!!

she should also put hikari and passion

tat would be freakin sickness
Posted on: 2009/3/30 1:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

FunkyStrawberries wrote:
And i don't mind if the CD has to go up a little bit, cause i feel like it was so low as it is xD (which is good, but why i dont mind if it goes up a couple of dollars... )

Yay Amazon price guarantee!

And I really hope at least "Sanctuary" ends up as a bonus track. "Simple and Clean" was already released on her "Colors" single, so at least it had an official release. "Sanctuary" hasn't seen anything of the sort.
I wonder, though, if there's an album version where she translates and sings the part that isn't in the KHII version of "Passion". I think it starts with something like:
"Zutto mae ni suki datta hito..."
And then it goes into this bridge that wasn't in the Japanese opening for Kingdom Hearts II. I'd love to hear that part in English, 'cause I always thought it was really pretty. :]

Love & Life,
Shuri/Eli ♥
Posted on: 2009/3/30 10:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>