My Experience Meeting Utada! Sephora NYC & CBS EARLY SHOW

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
My Experience Meeting Utada! Sephora NYC & CBS EARLY SHOW
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/f/nyc
I first found out she was going to come to NYC SEPHORA at http://blog.utada2.net/ and the CBS EARLY SHOW.

My friend (Grotesko that's his online name)and i were ecstatic! He is a major Utada Fan and we couldn't believe that she was coming. so after it was confirmed, we started planning what time to meet up and what we should give her. My friend gave her song lyrics that he wrote and I gave her a letter in a nice kuromi envelope with some of her pics.
When the day finally came we didn't sleep at all the night before so we could be there at like 6am. we took the N train and got off on 49thst we walked from there and arrived at sephora at like 630am. there were a small group of people there already waiting since 5am! more people began coming at around 10am so we were the first in line separated by red ropes. it was really cold that day but that didn't matter hell we were about to see UTADA!! a rare chance in a lifetime!
so as the day went by, we made new friends and shared blankets and stuff one girl even made her a scarf!! while we waited it was really nice.
Finally when the time came we went in and got in the front of the store were the stage was. alot of people wanted to stay in the middle i almost did too. but my friend was like "no come to the front" that was closer. so i did and turned out to be the perfect spot! one of her publicist told us that she was coming out from this side. They played some of her songs and i think after poppin she came out from the our side. OMG you would not believe how close i was to her! she came out and signed our stuff! i got first love signed and my friend gave her the scarf that she made for her it was so amazing! i can't explain the excitement we all went through. 3 of my friends cried alot of ppl were just too in shock! it was all so sudden i have it all on youtube the link is in my signature if you haven't seen it yet take a look!
after she signed our stuff she went up on stage and talked alot about her music and she even sang a piece of the lil mermaid it was so nice. when the interview was done she took a group pic of the whole store. and i'm in it with my friends!
when the event ended they gave out utada's cover pic autographs and lil purses that say utada and it has a shadow pic of her. after we got those we left, and as we walked to the door people were literally smashed on the glass and doors looking in i felt bad for them that they didn't get in but at the same time it's like they came too late.
When we got home we still couldn't believe what just happened that day.

On friday i found out that she was going to be on the early show on sat and we made it a point to be there. we did the same stood up until we left which was at like 330am and got there at like 5am. The same people were there just us from weds and this boy that i talked too on twitter came later. we stood outside the studio because the show is like a news cast program. it was raining that day then it stopped around 8am. we got to see utada practice from the outside and she was wearing her glasses it was kawaii. we couldn't hear her practice because we were outside.
But a lil later on the audience coordinator came and told us utada is going to perform and we would get in! to watch her perform FYI!!!! we got our own private show! we were all shaking it was 8 of us only no one else came to the show which was even better for us. after she rocked it,she came up to us and was like "isn't cold in this studio" we were like yes it is! i asked if we could take a pic with her she was like sure but we could only take one cuz she had to leave for another interview so we took a group pic and she left. we did too we were screaming jumping and hyper! we realized that we are ~One In A Million~ to have been given this opportunity and chance to have meet her
Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:52
  •  Charoozz520
      Charoozz520
Re: My Experience Meeting Utada! Sephora NYC & CBS EARLY SHOW
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/New York
you guys are so lucky to get a picture with hikki! I am guessing the guy you met at CBS would be my good friend bradley, I was gonna go with him that day but I got rush to the er darn I wished I would had been able to go now..
Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:44
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/f/nyc
yea it was him XD you should of came too!
Posted on: 2009/3/30 17:45
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
the luckiest guy ever.........................

i'm so jealous!!!!

congratz man DAMN NEW YORKERS!!
Posted on: 2009/3/30 23:11
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
i am so jealous about it... and she was standing right in front of you...
Posted on: 2009/3/31 4:47
  •  Charoozz520
      Charoozz520
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/New York
yea I wish I could had made it then it would had sooooo made this year so much better off oh wells, if hikki does do a tour me and him are so getting front row tickets together so i guess i'll see you there?
Posted on: 2009/3/31 7:40
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
! you are so lucky. that photo is such a treasure. as she gets more and more famous, when will u get another chance like this?! haha.

Posted on: 2009/3/31 8:24
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/f/nyc
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
the luckiest guy ever.........................

i'm so jealous!!!!

congratz man DAMN NEW YORKERS!!

Lol im the grl in the front standing nxt to her with my fingers up =) yea ny has its advantages
Posted on: 2009/3/31 9:42
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/f/nyc
Yes you most deff will!
Posted on: 2009/3/31 9:43
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
WOW. I'm about to faint of jealousy. Thanks so much for sharing that though!!
Posted on: 2009/3/31 18:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>