•  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
OMG I can't believe this!

Quote:

From Entertainment Weekly:

The indefatigable Britney Spears has just finished recording a duet with Japanese pop star Utada, confirmed representatives from Jive Records and Island Def Jam. The song is titled, "Dirty Desire" and will be featured on the latter's debut album to be released in May.

Spears recorded her part on the song in-between stops on her current tour. "I liked it because the song makes you want to dance," Spears said in a statement. "The theme is very liberating, very sexual, and I found it very appealing."

The Utada camp also issued a statement. In it the 26-year-old sensation says, "People are always claiming I'm the Asian Britney Spears, so it makes perfect sense. I hope with this duet people will see that is true in some ways and not true in others. I'm looking forward to meeting Britney when we shoot the video."

The music video for the song is scheduled to be filmed next month, directed by Joseph Kahn, who directed Spears' prior videos "Toxic," and "Womanizer." According to Kahn, "We're going to make this a very provocative video. It'll be a satire on the Japanese 'lolita' culture, but it'll be very sexy at the same time. I'm hoping to get (Spears and Utada) nude in the video."

Utada's album This is the One will feature the duet and will be released to retailers on May 12. A Spears-less version of the song is already available on digital outlets.

I'm excited, confused, shocked. I don't know what to think!

Here's the source where I got it from:Entertainment Weekly.com
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:19
Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/balitmore/M
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dont know what i think i like Brit Brit. But i dont think utada will go 4 the nude part if this is ture it will be a big hit so lats see what happen
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:27
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Make sure you all check the source. It's very important!
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:31
  •  MJFV1
      MJFV1
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Nice attempt at an April Fools joke but not buying it. Good try though. By the way it's EW.com not Entertainmentweekly.com
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:41
  •  ShinjiPG
      ShinjiPG
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Great job scott_o_k!
I love elaborated pranks on April Fools :D
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:53
  •  jrockn
      jrockn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/F/happiest place on earth, angriest city in America
you really had me there! ..I was really worried.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 14:02
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
haha, good one scott. I just sat with my eyebrows raised and thought "this can't be" xP
Posted on: 2009/4/1 14:30
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Omg. I was so gonna cry lol. "Dirty Desire" was one of my favorite song's on TITO, and Britney Spears. (Not that I have anything against her) to be on that song would'nt be so good.
Nice April fools joke.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 14:31
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
haha...I knew it was a joke when I read that the director wanted them nude in the video. Good joke tho!
Posted on: 2009/4/1 15:20
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I was super confused, kind of on the edge of tears, then felt really dumb. Thanks Scott. I have to admit, that was a job well done.
Posted on: 2009/4/1 16:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>