Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada On-Demand.
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
Hey everyone!

I spent the weekend at my Aunts house, I don't have all that fancy digital cable with 900 channels, but she does, so I have the habit of spending way too much time exploring it.

Last night I was on the 'On-Demand' feature, looking at the free music videos that 'Music Choice' was offereing. I was scrolling through, and what did I see? Our girl Utada for the song Come Back To Me! I was SO excited to see her on there!

So I hit the play button and was quickly let down...

They were airing the WRONG VIDEO. Not only was it NOT CBTM, it wasn't even UTADA. All the information was right, but it just wasn't the right video.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I was so sad! I don't know if it's my area, if it was the cable company, or if it was music choice that messed this up. I sent MC an email just so they were aware. Anyone else see the same issue?

Btw; I live in Las Vegas, and the cable provider is Cox Communiations.
Posted on: 2009/4/19 15:18
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Re: Utada On-Demand.
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I've also experienced it... I was very excited until some other video was playing. I thought at first it was just some ad or something so I continued to watch it till half way and I was like forget this Hope it will be fix
Posted on: 2009/4/19 15:27
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Yah many have had this problem. I'm in WA state so yah it's not just your area. I was so mad that some latino rapper (not hating) was in place of Utada ...

Don't even try calling them. I called 2 customer service phone numbers and they both went nowhere. I've emailed them about the problem so now it's the waiting game. My favorite game...
Posted on: 2009/4/19 16:43
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
Ugh that sucks! So it's not just my area. It's really just unfair because that's great exposure she could be getting that she's not. It's crappy.

I hope they get it FIXED and extend the airplay of the video since she got cheated!!

*fingers crossed*
Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:26
  •  magnus96
      magnus96
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 28 / m / nyc
I discovered this on Saturday May 2nd in NYC, so it's still a problem, and nationwide! I thought at first it was some random remix that Island Def Jam Records made Utada do and watched a whole 1.5 minutes. Finally I fastforwarded through and was so pissed. I'd been so excited to introduce my friends to Utada as we got ready for a Lady Gaga concert. Utada's people should get on this cause she's losing exposure!
Posted on: 2009/5/6 12:32
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
Omg thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!
i live in miami florida almost every one here has Comcast and one day i just bagan too look for her it was some times last week i found her under music choice new and approved when i clicked it, it was some darn regga/Reggeatone video im very mad now i use the music channel very often and this is the FIRST time this ever happend to an artist i think its Kinda racist in a way to me i feel it because to tell you the truth shes the only like "asian" on there but....i showed my mom and asked her if i should call comcast and she said dont wast my time they wont be able to do anything......
Posted on: 2009/5/6 15:23
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
It's flippin mentally challenged how they have their service set up.

I actually called the customer service number and went through the whole "for english, press 1. For help with your service, press 2" and in the end they led me to another number to call in order to get to someone i could talk to for customer service. I called that number, went through the whole number punching process, and then at the end, they gave a number AGAIN to call for customer service. But this was the SAME NUMBER that i JUST CALLED.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 18:08
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 ♥ femme ♥ Vegas
It really bugs me nothing was done about it. I mean, I just sent the company a small email. But after how many weeks how could NO ONE notice, or get the email and think, "Huh we should fix that." It's annoying, it's a big loss in great exposue for her! Especially since it's a NATION WIDE problem!!
Posted on: 2009/5/9 18:06
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Heh this is what i wrote to them via email:

"Hey Comcast you guys have a serious problem with your cable service. This problem that I've pointed out will most likely hurt your business and your reputation, which in the long run, again hurts your sales.

In the On Demand feature, under music choice, inside the "New and approved" section, you guys have a video labeled Utada: Come back. However, the video is not the correct video. It's a latino/ Reggae video with Utada's name on it. Basically that's not Utada's music video. Now, there are thousands of fans that strongly support Utada in the U.S. Especially with her being an artist that's gaining a LOT of hype in the American music scene. I've heard many people complaining about the incorrect video service and they are also spreading the word about your weak and ineffective services. Until you fix this problem with the video, I'm afraid that your company will take many hits to your sales and your reputation.

I've been a customer of comcast cable for almost a decade and to see this kind of problem is quite embarrasing.

Thank you for your time and please fix this problem, for the good of the people and the good of your company."

Don't know if it'll work but it was worth a try
Posted on: 2009/5/9 18:50
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
Wow Las Vegas truly an america heaven to me.
Well i surely will be disapointed if i expierenced this
Posted on: 2009/5/10 3:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>