Utada Hikaru's song's

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada Hikaru's song's
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I've noticed in some of Hiiki's albums she capitalizes all the letters in a few songs like in Deep River she capitalizes SAKURAドロップス, DEEP RIVER, 東京 NIGHTS, and FINAL DISTANCE,

In Ultra Blue, BLUE, COLORS, and WINGS,

and in Heart Station HEART STATION.

I'm not sure if other Japanese artist do this, but it seems she most likely does this with a song that has the same name as the album i.e heart station, blue, deep river. and as for the ones that doesn't have the same title as the album is because those songs match the theme of the album, whatever it is I love that she does that. :)
Is there anyone who knows why she does this? any kind of interview she stated this? (you have to translate for me if an Japanese)
I'm just vary curious about this. also curious to why she only have done it with DEEP RIVER Ultra Blue and HEART STATION, and not First Love and Distance.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 1:47
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Re: Utada Hikaru's song's
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
It could just be that she feels like it and does it, i mean Hikki IS random (the good kind by the way)
Posted on: 2009/4/22 4:07
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Its a Japanese thing, I don't exactly know why but a lot of Japanese artists do it. Its with lower case, block capitals, written normally and sometimes on the first letter of the first word is capitalised.

Lower case: Utada's "time will tell"
Block capitals: Utada's "BLUE"
Normal case: Utada's "Deep River"
First letter capitalised: Ayumi Hamasaki's "Depend on you"

These are just examples but its very common, again I don't know the reason why.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 11:23
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

Truten wrote:
Its a Japanese thing, I don't exactly know why but a lot of Japanese artists do it. Its with lower case, block capitals, written normally and sometimes on the first letter of the first word is capitalised.

Lower case: Utada's "time will tell"
Block capitals: Utada's "BLUE"
Normal case: Utada's "Deep River"
First letter capitalised: Ayumi Hamasaki's "Depend on you"

These are just examples but its very common, again I don't know the reason why.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna do a search as to why they do this.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 14:24
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Actually the the song titled "Deep River", but the album is "DEEP RIVER.
She did that on Distance too, the album itself titled "Distance", while the song is "DISTANCE".
And she also did the first letter capitalised on First Love's "Movin' on without you" and even the random "Automatic -Album edit-" and "Addicted To You [UP-IN-HEAVEN-Mix]".
And Ultra Blue is actually ULTRA BLUE
Posted on: 2009/4/25 7:23
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Actually the the song titled "Deep River", but the album is "DEEP RIVER.
She did that on Distance too, the album itself titled "Distance", while the song is "DISTANCE".
And she also did the first letter capitalised on First Love's "Movin' on without you" and even the random "Automatic -Album edit-" and "Addicted To You [UP-IN-HEAVEN-Mix]".
And Ultra Blue is actually ULTRA BLUE
Posted on: 2009/4/25 7:26
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
In my opinion,I think they have a theory in mass psychology
.I mean what a song that will have a chance to be a high success or expect to have a good feed back from consumer(In fact,every songs of Hikki always success)They will make a different of song's title name by capitalize with the reason too easy when someone think about that song and too easy to writing song's title name in other place.

I'm not sure all above.May be I'm wrong but in my observation an other japanese artist still have a same method to define a capitalize of song's name.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 9:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada Hikarus songs
guest_Unregistered
Yeah I've been curious about that too. But I think it's a Japanese thing because Ayumi Hamasaki also does that for some of her songs as well.
Posted on: 2009/4/25 21:10
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
this is just a guess...just thought of it while going to school...

i think the titles with all capital letters are songs that are sang by hikki in japanese way...a good example is HEART STATION...instead of singing it the english way, she sang HAATO SUTEISHON (pardon the spelling) or BLUE, cause she sang it BURUU...while the ones with the capital letter first like "Automatic, Movin on without you, Beautiful World", they are sang with the normal english way...

anyways, this is just a random guess...really dunno why make these things complicated...hehehe=P
Posted on: 2009/4/27 7:31
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
Quote:

wholesome247 wrote:
this is just a guess...just thought of it while going to school...

i think the titles with all capital letters are songs that are sang by hikki in japanese way...a good example is HEART STATION...instead of singing it the english way, she sang HAATO SUTEISHON (pardon the spelling) or BLUE, cause she sang it BURUU...while the ones with the capital letter first like "Automatic, Movin on without you, Beautiful World", they are sang with the normal english way...

anyways, this is just a random guess...really dunno why make these things complicated...hehehe=P

Oh..That's a cleverly reason.I agree with you.
Posted on: 2009/4/27 8:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>