123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Sly and Robbie covers Automatic
guest_Unregistered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpjzrh1I45Q

Edit: They didn't steal the song like I previously stated. They are working with Sony Music of Japan and created a cover album of famous Japanese songs.
I still don't care much for this cover although I thought the lyrics were really good.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 14:49
  •  lollercoaster
      lollercoaster
Re: Sly and Robbie steal Automatic
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L

Why don't you ask? You never know. She might like "crappy reggae".

Thanks for letting us know it exists -- I, for one, think it's a great rendition.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:06
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
That was really rude from u...

Utada remade Fly me to the moon and it appears not to be a good song for Sinatra's fans... coz she turned it into R&B...

But no-one said Utada's one was shit, so we shouldnt say it about this Automatic version uh?? :P Its just my opinion
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:09
  •  lollercoaster
      lollercoaster
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

thisisseyo wrote:

Utada remade Fly me to the moon and it appears not to be a good song for Sinatra's fans... coz she turned it into R&B...

But no-one said Utada's one was shit, so we shouldnt say it about this Automatic version uh?? :P Its just my opinion

They actually have. I think her highest viewed video besides all of the AMVs with Sanctuary/Simple and Clean was her performance of FMTTM at the Bohemian Summer tour. A large majority said it was shit (with variations on that theme; same thing can be found on videos with the studio version). I disagree, but hey, we are all entitled to our opinions so telling someone they "shouldn't" say something (when it comes to something like this) is ridiculous.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

thisisseyo wrote:

So I can only express positive opinions about something or I'm being rude? grow up please.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I really like this. I think it's an awesome cover. I'm also a big fan of some Reggae, Reggaeton (except for "Reggaeton" remixes of some songs heh) and similar styles of music. Sly & Robbie did an excellent job with this.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 16:15
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Automatic by hikki is like one of a kind if you ask me, so I can't complain much about this. The singing was ok but I personally did not like the video, I mean what is up with everybody and their phones.... well I'm way pass this now, its all about TITO now if no one noticed there is Automatic part 2...
Posted on: 2009/4/22 17:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I think they done a good job, it's no Utada Hikaru, but the point of covers is not to sound like the original, you can't compare them because it's the ORIGINAL, everybody likes to sing songs that they love. I don't understand why everyone hates covers, some of them are good.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 18:10
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I like it.

And they're right, there were a lot of people who didn't like Utada's FMTTM. I liked it, but I'm biased. But I loved the original. :]

Anyway, I like it. It's different so its hard to "compare" them.
Posted on: 2009/4/22 18:34
  •  laneige
      laneige
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/f/nyc
[admin edit: comments removed to prevent flame wars]

Personally, I like it. And I'm also flattered that they loved Utada's song enough to cover it. :)
Posted on: 2009/4/22 19:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>