Poster Thread
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Utada for 2 weeks recovery, illness - May12-16 Events Postponed
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
Utada is sick

Quote:
The 26 year-old artist, who had planned to arrive today May 11th to promote and drive the album release, has been diagnosed with an acute case of left relapsing peritonsillitis.

I really hope she gets better soon, my poor Hikki
Posted on: 2009/5/11 11:46
Re: Utada for 2 weeks recovery
Administrator
A/S/L
It looks like the promotional tours for May 12-16 are canceled. Due to illness, Utada has been advised not to travel or use her voice for two weeks. She has been diagnosed with a relapse of Acute Peritonsillitis. She will make a full recovery.

Hikkiちゃん、早く良くなってください!

Utada.com Quote:

INTERNATIONAL POP STAR POSTPONES U.S. PROMOTION FOR ALBUM RELEASE
Renowned international singer and songwriter, Utada, who is set to release her new album This Is The One on May 12th (the Island Def Jam Music Group), has been forced to postpone her promotions to launch the album along with a series of in-store appearances. The 26 year-old artist, who had planned to arrive today May 11th to promote and drive the album release, has been diagnosed with an acute case of left relapsing peritonsillitis.

Utada, who is Japan's best selling artist ever, was set to make highly anticipated in-store appearances in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, and Honolulu to promote the May 12th album. Upon consultation with doctors and a brief hospitalization, she's been advised not to travel or use her voice for at least two weeks. A full recovery is expected.

According to the artist?s representative, ?Utada was very much looking forward to sharing her new album with her U.S fans and is very disappointed that her illness has forced her to postpone these promotional activities. She looks forward to rescheduling them as soon as she can."

Fans are encouraged to check www.utada.com for more information.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/5/11 11:57
  •  Ayumi&Utada<3
      Ayumi&Utada<3
Re: Utada for 2 weeks recovery, illness - May12-16 Events Postponed
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 18/M/DC
This may be actually be extremely good news. I may be able to make it now if its postponed!
Posted on: 2009/5/11 13:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
...to tell you the truth, i have a f!ckton of art homework and projects to do. i was going to sacrifice a whole day of cramming to go to the city in order to see Hikki and pull off another all-night Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I was surprised and upset when Best Buy told me she cancelled the events but ... the stressed out student in me was a bit relieved. Now i'll be able to get some sleep... Eheheh.. *sheepish*

More importantly though, i hope she gets better and takes her time in recovering.
Posted on: 2009/5/11 14:17
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Thats so sad, i hope she gets better soon!!! at least this way she will be fully energized to carry on promotions when shes totally better :)
Posted on: 2009/5/11 15:01
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Nooooooooo, I can't go if it's postponed! TT___TT I go to college close to New York, but I'm going back home to Virginia on Wednesday. :'(

That sucks about the peritonsillitis, though... Everyone, channel your get-well-soon wishes into the sky~! I'm sure she'll make a speedy recovery. ^__^

But still... Dammit, dammit, dammit. ^__^+;
Posted on: 2009/5/11 15:25
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
omg wow i hope she gets better! that sounds like something bad, hopefully she'll recover super fast lol
Posted on: 2009/5/11 16:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
Nooooooooo, I can't go if it's postponed! TT___TT I go to college close to New York, but I'm going back home to Virginia on Wednesday. :'(

That sucks about the peritonsillitis, though... Everyone, channel your get-well-soon wishes into the sky~! I'm sure she'll make a speedy recovery. ^__^

But still... Dammit, dammit, dammit. ^__^+;

OMFG... that SUCKS. O_O;;;
Posted on: 2009/5/11 19:27
  •  Haileyscomet
      Haileyscomet
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 28 / F / WA, USA
I am so disappointed that I won't have the chance to see Utada on Friday. I hope she recovers quickly and she still comes to Seattle. I never thought I would ever get to see her in person let alone the chance to briefly meet her. Friday was my chance of a lifetime. I really hope I will get that chance again.
Posted on: 2009/5/11 20:51
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Yah friday was also my chance of a lifetime too. But hey now i can focus on my projects and study. I got a Psych and French test firday! STUDY!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/11 22:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>