Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
Did you ever consider....
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Did you ever consider the fact that with Simple And Clean and Sanctuary as bonus tracks on all physical US edition of This Is The One...that maybe they could be chosen as singles and released here in the US?

Just a thought. Comments?
Posted on: 2009/5/16 13:32
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Did you ever consider....
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
What's the point then? It feels kinda like releasing PoL AFTER Heart Station was released. That and the fact that KH 1 and 2 was so long ago.. Sales wouldn't be as great as it could have been few years ago. People would just want to buy TITO instead. Many of the American fans found Utada thru KH so i'm sure they'd want a listen to her other stuff.

Just my opinion
Posted on: 2009/5/16 14:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I highly doubt it. No doubt they're awesome songs but I don't see them being big hits.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/5/16 17:46
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
2004 and 2002 songs in a 2009 cd
kinda outdated
Posted on: 2009/5/17 13:02
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
You all have good points, but this isn't about the people who are already fans. She is trying to break into the US market!

Since most of her US fans became huge fans after hearing Simple And Clean, I think it would make a great idea for a single!
Think about it...

Not all potential fans bought Kingdom Hearts. And even out of the people who did, not all potential fans looked it up and became fans. I believe releasing Simple And Clean as a single would allow the song that hooked that fairly small amount of people, to hook A LOT more people!

Am I making sense here?
Posted on: 2009/5/17 15:35
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
thats actually not such a bad idea
Posted on: 2009/5/17 20:21
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Sorry to burst you're bubbles kiddies, but it won't happen. Bonus tracks are practically not on a album, they are just there to promote and sell albums. and if that's not the Simple And Clean won't do well in the U.S charts.
Posted on: 2009/5/17 20:32
  •  chasegran
      chasegran
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
thats actually not such a bad idea

Glad you agree!

Quote:

BokuWaDevil光 wrote:
Sorry to burst you're bubbles kiddies, but it won't happen. Bonus tracks are practically not on a album, they are just there to promote and sell albums. and if that's not the Simple And Clean won't do well in the U.S charts.

With respect, I disagree! Britney Spears's new single, Melanie C's first single off her last album...just two of many bonus tracks released as singles! If they are included on all versions of the album in the country they would be released in, and included on the track list, they are just as much on the album as any other song!

And I challenge you to go listen to Simple And Clean. Yes, right now.
THAT, dear...is a masterpiece. The US would recognize this, and the song would do GREAT! I'm telling you!
Posted on: 2009/5/19 16:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic