Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada Hikaru's Hikari coverd in Spanish?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada Hikaru's Hikari coverd in Spanish?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I was just looking around and saw this. At first I thought this is gonna be so bad, but wow, they turned it into a really good song I kinda like that Spanish sound they give it music wise.

Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4It-H2hFc
Posted on: 2009/5/16 19:02
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Re: Utada Hikarus Hikari coverd in Spanish?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
wow it sounds really nice. and i like how they kept the original melody, unlike in simple and clean when hikki borrowed from uso mitaina i love you. its very nice
Posted on: 2009/5/17 7:46
  •  dlls
      dlls
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I've been following this spanish j-pop cover group as well as a few others for a couple of years. They have done a few Utada Hikaru covers but have covered songs by many other j-pop artist as well as many anime songs.

Ailyn, an ex-member of the group Charm that covered Hikari in the video you posted, covered Passion in Spanish as well.
(I LOVE this cover)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWIA3EvdySQ&fmt=18

Martha, one of the two current members of Charm, did a dance cover of First Love with another Spanish j-pop cover artist named Miwa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7zJBmbawQ&feature=PlayList&p=A50E2CE598D25520&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33&fmt=18
Posted on: 2009/5/17 8:58
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Thought it'd be sad?? Why do you say that?? Because it's in a different language? Or because its in spanish?? Hmmm...I wonder...
Posted on: 2009/5/17 12:07
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
wow it sounds really nice. and i like how they kept the original melody, unlike in simple and clean when hikki borrowed from uso mitaina i love you. its very nice

Actually Utada always intended to use that melody in Hikari's chorus but she didn't because it didn't fit with the words. So instead she just used the melody in the second verse of "Hikari" as a back vocals when she sings "When You turn my way" and "Take it all the way" and she used it in "Uso Mitai Na I love you" Until she used it as the chorus in Simple And Clean. so really she I love you barrowed it from Hikari and Simple And Clean.
Posted on: 2009/5/17 12:13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:
Thought it'd be sad?? Why do you say that?? Because it's in a different language? Or because its in spanish?? Hmmm...I wonder...

I said I thought It'd be bad not sad. And because Hikari is my fave so my close minded-ness made me think that no one but Hikaru can sing it..
Posted on: 2009/5/17 12:35
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

BokuWaDevil? wrote:
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:

I said I thought It'd be bad not sad. And because Hikari is my fave so my close minded-ness made me think that no one but Hikaru can sing it..

...that was a typo XD but yeah, I still have the fear of hearing covers
Posted on: 2009/5/17 19:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
....These are good covers. XD Theyre good. First Love cover is really cute. The Hikari cover is my fav though. Passion one is also good. :D
Posted on: 2009/5/18 0:07
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
utada hikaru songs are just too well liked that it has to be in different kind of language
Posted on: 2009/5/20 0:56
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
ahhhhh i remember them xD i especially love Ailyn's cover of Passion and her other pop covers xD
Posted on: 2009/5/20 13:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>