Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada & Kanye West, Very Possible (opinion)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Utada & Kanye West, Very Possible (opinion)
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
I was thinking while checking Kanye West's blog (his posts vary a lot). I really think him and Hikki could collaborate and make some epic song. I know their are people who don't like him but you got to admit he is a great producer and sales like crazy. He would certainly be Hikki's ticket to fame in the US.

For one, he has shown influence and interest in Japanese culture (his Stronger video, Good Morning video, album design for Graduation, etc.). Second he does make music very different from the mainstream like Utada in Japan. Third he always likes to work with whats new and fresh, and Utada being asian might attract him lol.

A collaboration would be possible if maybe we could somehow spread the word on Hikki to him in his blog, maybe telling him to check her new album and Japanese discography.

What do you guys think??
Posted on: 2009/5/27 20:33
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Utada & Kanye West, Very Possible
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I think that'd be cool. Just as long as Kanye sings his part well during the live show .

Track wise would be stunning
Posted on: 2009/5/27 23:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
No way in heck.
Kanye has a massive ego and outside of his fanbase is pretty much hated universally for being a huge douchebag.

I'd rather see Hikki fail then watch her work with that idiot.
Anyway it doesn't matter because she has already stated in her Kiwibox interview that she is "done with pop music".
Her next album will be more weird and experimental like Exodus.

One last thing, do you really think that Hikki would ever associate herself with someone who calls himself a "proud non- reader":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30949487/
Posted on: 2009/5/28 0:51
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Wow that would be amazing I think they could make something really original together! Like you say teiku5, considering Kanye's recent popularity and influence over the sort of music produced a collaboration might really make things happen.
Posted on: 2009/5/28 2:58
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
i think utada and kanye would kill each other.. esp cause kanye is extremely cocky and gets pissed of easily but going to that idea.. that would be really hot if they made a song

Posted on: 2009/5/28 4:07
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
and kanye isn't hate that much .. sorta.. he did an album with the teriyaki boyz..

Posted on: 2009/5/28 4:08
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
No way in heck.
Kanye has a massive ego and outside of his fanbase is pretty much hated universally for being a huge douchebag.

Anyway it doesn't matter because she has already stated in her Kiwibox interview that she is "done with pop music".

One last thing, do you really think that Hikki would ever associate herself with someone who calls himself a "proud non- reader":

I have to agree with ya there, Ghostdog....
Posted on: 2009/5/28 5:21
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
No way in heck.

I have to agree with ya there, Ghostdog....

also agreeing with Ghostdog here
Posted on: 2009/5/28 11:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
as much as kanye has a big ego , none of you can say he wasnt good in his time , am i right?

i think it would be a great collab if they did a song together , but i think the odds of that are extremely unlikly

either i just want hikki to get more exposure
Posted on: 2009/5/28 12:00
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
This thread's title can be very misleading, at least it was for me.

When I first saw this thread I thought "Oh nooooooo......." 'cause I actually thought that their were rumors that Hikki will be working with Kanye West.

I'm not bagging on West for his personality but I just don't think his music is all that great.
Just because he's popular doesn't mean Hikki should collaborate with him. I don't think that getting massive recognition from the US is a top priority either.
If fame is all Hikki wanted then she would've worked with justin timberlake, britney spears, and all the other mainstream artists in the U.S
Posted on: 2009/5/28 17:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>