Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  Tanjo!! JQ's Spring 2009 Utada Issue is Here!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
so i was going through my email today and i found this.

Quote:
Dear Utada Question Contributors, After months of waiting, the interview JQ conducted with Hikki is now online, both in an abridged form in the new issue and as a full-length PDF! Let me know what you think, since I tried to ask as many questions submitted through JetWit and other places in the limited time I had in the interview. Also, please link this interview and our new issue to as many Hikki fan sites, blogs, news sites and personal Facebook/Twitter pages as you can--more buzz means a greater chance to interview more superstars in future issues! Thanks again for all your support and interest in JQ and the JET Programme.

Yoroshiku,

Justin Tedaldi Editor, JETAA NY Quarterly (JQ) http://jetaany.org/magazine

for some reason, I can't remember subscribing to this but hey, its pretty cool!

Quote:

What do an Oscar-winner, a celebrated ambassador-turned-president, an international author summit and one of the best-selling singer-songwriters the Eastern Hemisphere's ever seen have in common? That's right! They all (I heard) turned down Conan O'Brien to appear in the new issue of JETAANY's quarterly magazine JQ! Months in the making but well worth the wait, our new issue also features our newly elected officers, Sakura Matsuri at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, a you-are-there piece on the Tokyo Marathon that you're guaranteed to learn a thing or to from, and interviews with an Off-Broadway star, community honchos, noted authors and local JETs-made-good in both Japan and beyond. And how's this for a main course: for the first time ever our feature interview was too long for the print issue, so we've posted the complete 13-page interview with Hikaru Utada at the handy link below. Whether you're a Hikki-mania or just want to read what might be the most in-depth interview she's ever done in English, we've got you covered. It all happens in the new issue of JQ. Dozo and enjoy!

here is the magazine that she's featured in: http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/JQ_Spring_2009.pdf

here is the complete interview:
http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/utada.pdf
Posted on: 2009/6/2 18:20
Re: Tanjo!! JQ's Spring 2009 Utada Issue is Here!
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
thank you soo much for the info!
been waiting for this to come out!

and WOW!!! ~SHOCKU desu~
i think my question about kuma-chang was answered!
yeah yah!

Quote:
About Kuma Chang…
[Laughs]

...What’s the fascination, and is there anything else that you always like to have with you all the time?
All I need is Kuma. It’s funny, I guess…he and I would make a very good team of therapists. When
I actually talk with him, and through this dialogue I often discover things about myself that I
[have] tucked away in my subconscious, and I can become more honest about, and discover what
I feel deep down—it comes out, by talking with this big teddy bear, that—I do his talking, too, but
there’s a funny therapeutic aspect to it.

ureshi wa~
Posted on: 2009/6/2 19:38
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Tanjo!! JQ's Spring 2009 Utada Issue is Here!
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
omg where can i get this magazine?? i want one! lolz

thx for sharing ^^ when i have time i'm gonna read them all lolz
Posted on: 2009/6/2 21:33
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Tanjo!! JQs Spring 2009 Utada Issue is Here!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Ha funny how she turned down Conan... Would she really do such a thing?

Anyway, great interview! Thanks for this! Though i'd say that the other interview that was from a while ago (where she talked about being what it feels to be a musician and how she prefers to be thought of. And also how she talks like life is a one way track.) was way more in depth. It was longer too!
Posted on: 2009/6/3 1:17
  •  NGBear
      NGBear
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/London
She's not going to do the kingdom hearts 3 theme song
T-T
Posted on: 2009/6/4 1:11
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
she is not?? how u know
Posted on: 2009/6/4 1:13
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Re: Tanjo!! JQ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
^
"Q. Are you going to be involved in the soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts III?
Utada: I don?t think so, I don?t know. Probably not.
Mr. Utada: We said no to Disney. Ohh?

Q. You turned down Disney?
Mr. Utada: Yeah. Because they don?t pay."

I hope they work something out, I remember someone mentioning recently that Nomura confirmed she would be back, but it wasn't stated if for KH: Birth by Sleep or KH III.

One thing for sure, it will NOT be the same if she is not the one singing the theme songs.
Posted on: 2009/6/4 1:25
  •  NGBear
      NGBear
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/London
I know it wouldnt be the same if she didnt sing the theme song :( Well hopefull they'll come to some sort of agreement

p.s. I need to buy a psp before birth by sleep comes out, psp go looks sweet ^^
Posted on: 2009/6/4 10:08
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
I think Tetsuya Noruma (the KH director) will hassle Disney to get Utada to be involved in the soundtrack. Also if TITO takes off, Disney will be happy from the royalties they get from Simple and Clean and Sanctuary so they'll be wanting her to jump aboard. But remember guys KHIII still hasn't been announced.

I think the current KH games in production will just use Sanctuary as the theme since most of them of KHII based with Roxas in the DS game.

Man I LOVED the interview, it was great her such an in depth interview but also hearing funny little things from her.
Posted on: 2009/6/4 12:30
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

teiku5 wrote:
^
"Q. Are you going to be involved in the soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts III?
Utada: I don?t think so, I don?t know. Probably not.
Mr. Utada: We said no to Disney. Ohh?

Q. You turned down Disney?
Mr. Utada: Yeah. Because they don?t pay."

I hope they work something out, I remember someone mentioning recently that Nomura confirmed she would be back, but it wasn't stated if for KH: Birth by Sleep or KH III.

One thing for sure, it will NOT be the same if she is not the one singing the theme songs.

ic ic.....

i hope she changes her mind

cuz she already sang for KH1 and 2 why not go all the way and do 3 just for the heck of it
Posted on: 2009/6/5 0:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>