Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada will not sing the next theme for KH series...

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Avenger_Seraphim
      Avenger_Seraphim
Utada will not sing the next theme for KH series...
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/Male/Greece
It's all over the Kingdom Hearts related sites...
I hope Disney to pay her enough to do the next theme xD It will not be the same game without her songs xD
Quote:
?Are you going to be involved in the soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts III?

Utada: I don?t think so, I don?t know. Probably not.
Mr. Utada: We said no to Disney.
Utada: Ohh?

?You turned down Disney?

Mr. Utada: Yeah. Because they don?t pay.

?Because they don?t pay, yeah. My parents work for Disney World, so I?m sure they?d be in agreement with you on that.

Utada: They can have a drink over that [all laugh].

?Okay, so going back a little bit, the fact that Exodus was released in English also in Japan, was that a conscious decision? Was there ever any pressure either on your label over there, or from other people to say, ?Well, if you do Japanese versions of
these songs, they?ll be so much more accessible, many more people will get to that??

Utada: Uh-huh. Well, from the beginning, yeah?before doing that contract, I?d done a few songs where I had to translate, like for Kingdom Hearts, I had to make an English version of the song ?Hikari,? which became ?Simple and Clean,? and then also for Kingdom Hearts II, I had to make the Japanese version which was the song ?Passion? and then the English version that was ?Sanctuary,? and that was so hard, it?s just?and it felt strained?and as a result, I?m happy that I worked hard to do those, because those English versions are really good and ?Simple and Clean,? I think, is a really good song, and people?most of the people that know me here, they know me for that?but it?s not ideal for me as a writer, to?because, actually, I changed the melodies for ?Simple and Clean? and ?Hikari,? because when you change the language you?re singing in, the same melodies don?t work?and as a writer, it?s just very frustrating to have, like?I wrote these melodies for Japanese words, and to have to write in English for that, it?s just not right. And then, so, for this, uh, this contract with Island Def Jam, in the beginning I separated it to this English language album, and I don?t do Japanese translations. I just, my integrity as an artist just would not take that, could not take that.

I can feel you breathe...
Posted on: 2009/6/9 2:49
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada will not sing the next theme for KH series...
guest_Unregistered
Wow Shit no! Utada not on Kingdom Hearts III!!!! noway!!!, damn shit Disney Just pay Utada.......

Damn them to hell those greedy bastards!!!!! hayzzzz but Utada must be in kingdom hearts its not the same KH without Utada........
I wish she would just do it shes RICH anyway.........
Posted on: 2009/6/9 4:01
  •  NGBear
      NGBear
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/London
We had a discussion about this on another thread based on the magazine those quotes are from but i guess this news is so big it deserves its own thread T-T

Damn it Disney !!!
Kingdom Hearts won't be the same without her doing the theme song.

Hopefully Utada,Disney and Square can work things out in time for the next main kingdom hearts game
Posted on: 2009/6/9 8:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Disney doesn't pay?!! o_O wtf, that's messed up. They should be paying them BILLIONS.

Anyway ... it's okay. I mean, the third KH game won't have Sora and the gang as the main characters, so it kind of feels alright with me. I love KH1-2 and if KH3 is going to start off in a new-ish plot, then all the more to renew the game with a new song artist. It was an honor to have KH1-2 be affiliated with Utada songs!! Now when I'll think of the 'Sora arc', i'll think of Utada. :3
Posted on: 2009/6/9 9:26
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
I must say that I'm pretty disappointed, but at the same time not. I love the songs she did for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, but what I hate about so many Hikki fans here in the West is that they base her whole existence on just those songs, and act like those are the only GOOD songs she has.

For example, if you go to the U.S. iTunes, and look up most of the albums of hers that are there, and check user reviews, there are hardly any legitimate reviews, because instead it was just a bunch of people complaining about the Kingdom Hearts songs not being on iTunes. It sickens me because Utada is an amazing artist, and has done so many great songs in her 10+ years of singing, yet so many of her fans over here never seem to realize that. It's just all about Kingdom Hearts to them.

I love Kingdom Hearts, so this is pretty sad for me, but at the same time I am glad because maybe people will stop for second and realize that Utada's whole life hasn't been about Kingdom Hearts, and that she has been an amazing singer, and was long before Kingdom Hearts came out. Maybe they will realize that she does have other GOOD music.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 10:00
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
I hope Tetsuya Nomura persuades Hikki to sing the next theme song since he is the one who got her in the first place.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 16:57
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
cross fingers!* >.<
Posted on: 2009/6/9 17:27
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Wow. You all have good opinions. And i agree with most of them.

I feel this is cool that the new KH isn't featuring Utada + the fact that this is a different side of the story. But hey they really should pay her anyway cuz it's flippin crazy making JP and US versions of one main song. She said so in the article the quote was taken from that the TC Avenger_Seraphim got it from.

Also, yah this is a possibility for Utada fans from KH to understand that she is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BIGGER than a theme song singer for a video game. She's a flippin legend.

So yah. Oh well kinda sad that we're not having our star in another video game but hey look at the bright side.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 19:10
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Also, yah this is a possibility for Utada fans from KH to understand that she is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BIGGER than a theme song singer for a video game. She's a flippin legend.

So yah. Oh well kinda sad that we're not having our star in another video game but hey look at the bright side.

I agree with ya, Josh, I mean Hikki is way more famous than just a theme song singer, sure it's cool to hv her in a video game, but God! DISNEY, JUST PAY HER!!!
Posted on: 2009/6/9 23:45
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I kinda understand the frustrations of translating the lyrics... And Disney is not paying her for the frustrations... lol... I seriously thinks that Disney should pay her good for the frustrations at least...
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>